Creatures Of The Trail

I was able to copy and paste a video from my Google photos. I didn’t like the version I need to upload it to YouTube and try that.

1 Thank

The :flashlight: was my NI40. The sustained a very minor scratch.:joy:

1 Thank

Looking at a turkey vulture up in the tree and squaring off with a large cow with horns. I think it’s called New Jersey cow or something like that.

1 Thank

Same Mink as my photos. I temporarily blinded the poor guy for about 10 seconds. When my new keychain light arrives, the Frog that’s the one I’m going to use if I don’t have a flood light with me.

1 Thank

My Pup stands up to crazy deer.:joy::crazy_face::sunglasses:

1 Thank

Two wolves, Brothers, Hunter and Scout who are 200 yds away and across the river from the trail. I’ve heard them howling many nights.

Wow, you have some cool wildlife where you live. The best thing I’ve spotted recently has been flying foxes the last two nights from my backyard in suburbia. They’re the reason I bought a Convoy Z1 as I couldn’t discern if it was owls or bats I could see/ hear at night with my other flashlight.

1 Thank

Damn, really nice photos! Surprised wolves would come this close even, let alone allow to take pictures :smiley:

Also, forgot to mention: saw 2 deers(a buck and a doe) crossing the road this morning while running(a pleasant surprise since I wasn’t planning to but decided to break in my new hoka shoes). Really good start of the day :smiley: Too bad I didn’t have phone on me to take a photo…

2 Thanks

Those wolves are fenced in and in a zoo across the river. They’re not running wild at least not here in pennsylvania!

2 Thanks

That’s a lot of cool pictures – love the video when you drop the light — We live real close to the Amite River – Owls, Hawks and even Deer in our yards – When planting flowers you better not plant something they like to eat

2 Thanks

@ chops… forgot to quote it.

That video was pretty cool. I only had him a week or two when that happened.

Did you Check out the one where the deer and him look like they’re going to battle each other ? That’s my favorite one. The deer does a head lunge towards him and Nikko stands his ground.

2 Thanks

Great thread & content!! :+1:t3::sunglasses:

1 Thank

I find quoting a response with a big picture/ video adds so much space to the thread – besides you knew which one I was talking about :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Thank

Blue Herons this morning.

A little too far away for my cell phone camera. You zoom in and it becomes distorted. Better than nothing .:flushed::flashlight:

2 Thanks

Short video.

Outside my Condo…Nikko stalking as usual b4 we leave for our night hike.

2 Thanks

I forgot to mention this in the video. He does the predatory prowl/stalking to every animal he sees including dogs. The one Beagle in the neighborhood was trembling when Nikko approached him . lol.

The difference is he likes dogs and gets along with them. He has never been aggressive to them.

As for small animals, some have not even been safe from his natural and high prey drive, even though he is always leashed. Some Slow animals, stupid animals are now part of the food chain.

1 Thank

I found this wolf on the hiking trail last night.

1 Thank

@Cochise334ever
What a beautiful animal :interrobang::+1:t3::interrobang:
Is that a Wolfdog… a wolf/dog mix??

1 Thank

His favorite spot .:grin:

He has the rest of the landing but he likes being scrunched in the very small area !

On very ,very windy days like today,I put that 2x4 there to help keep the door shut better. A little too much play in the door jamb when it gets windy out. One of these days I’ll get it fixed.

1 Thank

He knows what he is doing, he is guarding the entrance !

1 Thank