Creatures Of The Trail

He thinks you made that little space for him – My old crazy cat I use to have loved boxes, even if it was too small to get in, she’d put her paws on it and go to sleep

1 Thank

Acorn woodpecker. Weirdest birds ive ever seen.

3 Thanks

Nice to see you got that shot. I have a few around here. You’re right, they are kinda weird. The runs around here get spooked easy. I would have never been able to get that shot that close.

Oh man, just noticed there are two in that picture. Nice!

A few weeks ago a video showed 700 pounds of acorns in a wall from a pair of them. It took them several years to deposit that many.

1 Thank

4 Thanks

This is a photo of a long eared owl. Appears that’s what Nikko and I saw last night.

The owl flew across trail about 50 ft in front of us and landed on a tree about six or seven feet off the ground. When he flew away Nikko flipped out . I wasn’t ready, he almost pulled the leash right out of my hand.

3 Thanks

The last few days we had an Eurasian Scops Owl calling near by…

1 Thank

^^^

Where is the photo sir? How do I know you’re telling the truth?! LOL.:rofl:

1 Thank

You are right !

It was somewhere one week in a row, nice to hear it in the night silence !

Although isn’t always a good thing… because we have conect it with some not so good things… supernatural & mythology wise… !?

Yeah, i know… it’s difficult to believe on “speculations”… but it is what it is… !

1 Thank

1 Thank

Jack bolted as I walked to get the mail but stopped and listened to me from maybe twenty feet away. Then turned and walked into the drive directly in front of me, even approached a bit closer before casually (awkwardly?) walking across the driveway, then bolted about 30’ away only to stop and listen again!

He brought my attention to this very tall bluebonnet!

3 Thanks

We have jackrabbits and cottontails around here. :+1:

Most of the wild flowers didn’t even last into May. We hit 90+ for few days and got 0 rain in April. but I found these guys still hanging on for dear life

Which lead me to see this little guy that was just making himself comfy

The best things about smart phones are the super handy apps like Google Lens which told me this little guy is not in fact a small snake or giant worm but it is a type of Slow Worm which are Limbless Lizards. They have very poor eyesight and just haphazardly wiggle around for locomotion. Despite being easy prey, they can live up to 30 years but they are endangered.

5 Thanks

Baby Rabbit didn’t want to go into the bushes after momma took off

https://i.imgur.com/3Z2Pkmd.jpg

These guys are all over the park along with some ducks you wouldn’t even know they had such a reputation for being territorial

https://i.imgur.com/ENsboJa.jpg

My Husky Nikko spotted mom first, then these cute little guys. About 30 ft up in this hollowed Sycamore tree.

1 Thank

Nikko On the prowl again…

1 Thank

Probably the best picture I ever got of a fox. A baby fox. The mother is about 60 ft away. We were only about 12 to 15 feet away.

2 Thanks

The Picture that’s a little blurry he’s crying for his mom. His neglectful and unprotecting mom!

3 Thanks

His neglectful mother.

2 Thanks

What light are you illuminating with?