Deal Alert - 4 x AA GP Recyko NiMH LSD batteries - $6.25 @ BIC

Mine shipped 3rd Aug but I don't have them yet.

Will test them in my C9000. What "proof" would be needed to file a Paypal claim in this case? How would we prove for sure they are "fake"or is it enough to simply say that these have been tested and don't meet the advertised claims?

Any idea if they would have to be returned to the supplier as the postage would be more than the price of the batteries?

Sorry for all the noob questions but I've not had to use the Paypal claims system before.

Tested on technoline bc700:

2.05 Ah
2.08 Ah
2.02 Ah
2.02 Ah

Looks fine to me.

I received my 4 AA’s today. What are you guys discharging them at or what would you like to see them discharge at.
Maybe I will have time tonight to test a few and post the graphs.

Mostly I test new cells at 500mA discharge, 1000mA charge.

But whatever you have time for would be appreciated.

Well now that I think about it, 500ma would take around 4 hours to complete.
Maybe at 1000ma would be better time wise. :bigsmile:

You don’t want high current in breaking-in.

Doing the break-in usually takes between 38-45 hrs
Aftrburnr - 8/10/13

Maha Break-in Mode

Maybe you guys could suggest a decently priced smart charger?

I’ll probably keep mine either way as backups to my genuine Eneloops. At least until the day I test them and can know for sure. So my PP claim should be a little easier—just 2 missing packs. And I’ve changed my request for them to ship me the missing batteries to a full refund for the missing batteries as long as their authenticity is in doubt. Their next message to me will decide my next move.

Racer the MAHA C9000 is $48 at hamradio.com

I don’t have any experience with others so I can’t recommend them.

Quite true, however, I'm not sure a proper "break-in" was the purpose.

In my experience with Eneloops, the difference between an initial refresh/analyze and a break-in is relatively small. In this case, though a "break-in" would be optimal for the cells, I think we are really just interested in whether the initial tests give us figures somewhere in the ballpark of claims, or whether we get wildly varying and/or extremely underperforming cells.

It is mostly just checking to see if they are fakes, based on initial issues documented in previous posts.

Not doing a break-in. I have a accucel-8 hobby charger. I’m simply discharging and charging then a discharge with a logview graph. By the way the discharge right out of the pack showed 1186mah on one cell. I had 4 cells that where at 1.300v right out of the pack. The other 4 had close to that with the lowest being 1.276v out of the pack. I had forgot I had ordered 2 4 packs. I’am testing one of the 1.300v batteries figured it might be the better battery since the resting voltage was higher.
Update: I just finished charging, getting late. Discharge graph tomorrow.

Thanks, exarc. It’s $56 on prime so I put it in my Amazon cart. I usually get orders the next day on prime so it’s worth a few more bucks. I just need to lay low on ordering stuff for a couple weeks or the wife will murder me. She keeps telling people that one day I’ll go “camping” and be reported missing. She doesn’t sound like she’s kidding. So, it’ll be a couple weeks before I test these batteries.

I’ll at least know in a couple days how they compare to Eneloops since I take about 1,000 photos a week with my AA powered Canon and I can instantly tell which batteries are good. I usually get at least 500 natural light photos on a pair of 2nd gen Eneloops.

BIC offered me $5 for the missing 2 packs of AAA, which sounded fair. Still 2 more incoming orders that I hope they got right lol.

5$ for two packs of AAA? Didnt they cost more than that?

Racer, youre hilarious :D!

they offered me a $4 refund with this explaination

friend After 72 hours aging test, the product performance is stable. You need to charge the item to the full,more than 12 hours,then try to use up the capacity,please try agian,my friend. In this case,we can offer a partial refund of $4 as a compensation.

i dont know if i am going to try and push for the full amount or just take the $4 and be done with it.

I find wb is promotion now.I get 2 packs .

i took the $4 refund they offered me - i can use the batts in my remote controls or something…

I hope the ones I ordered turn out decent.. :~

Ill be doing some discharge tests.

Any comment on the ‘aging test’ that I have not heard of? Any breakdown of ‘72 hours’?

no, they are full of crap and don’t speak/understand english

i didnt press for a full refund even though i could probably get one… i can put these in my tv remote or something, but they wont be used for lights…

as soon as i get my second order im filing another claim as well… if they had any brains they would cancel and refund my other order before it shipped like i requested.

LOL :smiley: