Deal Alert: KINFIRE 502B 800LM XM-L T6 LED - US$8.50 Shipped

UF 502B

Is xtar b01 also a p60 body?

Looks like this one already has a Nanjg 105C driver in it, you can add 7135 chips to this to increase the power to the LED, the other one you would need to completely replace the driver

Extra options on the 105C in my mind is worth it, but only 3* chips means it's only pushing 1050A to the emitter, not a whole lot of power

But 99.4% of buyers enjoyed this product! (230 votes) 263 orders (230 out of 260 give good reviews)

Does BLF coupon work to drive that aliexpress one down a bit?

I’m not sure about the coupon because I simply sent the money to his PayPal account for my previous order.

Deal good for another 12 hours.

Link

On EBay, I ordered a C8 for about $8.
Their ad said it was a TrustFire, the display had a picture of a KinFire, what was sent was an UltraFire……but what I really got was a CrapFire. :smiley:

This two seems pretty decent for the price… Which one you would choose?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-ultrafire-wf-502b-flashlight-True-500lm-CREE-XML2-U2-1A-7135-3-3-5/1124126364.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-2000LM-Ultrafire-502B-xm-L2-Cree-XM-L-L-2-2000-Lumen-5-Mode-LED/575670430.html

The differences i see are XML2 U2 - XML2 and the board but the second one has no details about it.

On the first link you posted, you could ask the guy (Simon) to swap the emitter and driver to anything you want.

With that cheap P60 flashlights prepare that not only driver is low quality. The pill is most likely made of aluminium (just painted yellow to imitate brass) and is hollow - with an emitter cooking in the air. Not to mention short threads, low build quality, these new cheap ultrafires are much worse then the old ones. Here’s a comparison with older 502B:

I’m not sure about the quality of the host but the driver is the standard Nanjg with 7135s. I also thought aluminium has better heat transfer than the brass. Which is it?

I think you are right!
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=233

An aluminum pill would actually be better than brass...dang!

I sent him a private message. I ask quotation for a 4x7135 (6x it’s too much for this host) and neutral XML2.
I’ll wait for reply. Thanks for the hint!

Hey :wink:
In this thread UltraFire WF 502B stare i nowe - www.swiatelka.pl you can see how pill looks like in cheap wf-502.
Pill has big hole under the MCPCB and is made from aluminium… LED probably will burn in 5min.

I think you are right!
Cooling Fundamentals: Thermal Conductivity on FrostyTech.com

An aluminum pill would actually be better than brass…dang!

[/quote]

But the pil is hollow, there’s no aluminium under emitter’s PCB - there’s basically no heat transfer between emitter and pill.

502B $7.91 at WB
Coupon Code LEDWALLBUYS14
No idea about quality, but I don’t think there will be much difference

I just confirmed with Simon he’s using this dropin Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com Solid or hollow?

Ultrafire XM-L2 $7.99
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-2000LM-Ultrafire-502B-xm-L2-Cree-XM-L-L-2-2000-Lumen-5-Mode-LED/575670430.html

These make decent enough GP flashlights…and that is a CRAZY low price

this is one of my favorite EDC light as it’s feel like solid and you can drop it many times and the price you will not cry about it :wink:
bought at least 8 for gifts already, for around $10 with XM-L2? it’s a no brainer everyone should own at least one of these :bigsmile:

swap the lens with 28mm aspheric lens from DX for more throw! D

I have the two I mentioned above that I put together, for GP flashlights, 1 mode though

I will be either swapping them for a STAR V1.1 firmware or one of the new FET drivers when I get them in and build one…they really are good “budget” lights (just make sure you aluminum foil heatsink the P60 dropin)

Can’t even get the host and the driver for that price!

true that on the price… but FET driver in this light? lol over kill… but definitely will gather a lot of WOWs … :bigsmile:
even simple mod such as swapped the LED to XP-E2 on noctigon with 3 Amp driver and coupled with 28mm aspheric lens makes this a small killer light for under $15 :bigsmile: