Dings and dents.

God Banggood are sooooooo bad…the only thing they have going for them in the X6 GB!

Hmm… not sure why the hate for banggood, compared to other chinese vendors these guys aren’t that bad. Granted I don’t order that many cells from them but their flimsy packaging is quite a concern.

I agree they could do better in terms of packaging. But as banggood do have very competitive prices, they do cut corners in the packaging department. I don’t mind if they forgo a plastic case to save costs but provided they package properly i.e. wrap individual cells or like the case of my previous order the cells were wrapped tight enough that the cells don’t hit each other. I see that my recent batch came exactly like yours, see for yourselves

I received perfectly fine cells. However mine were protected cells, so the shrink wrap must’ve helped.

I actually just had 3 x sanyo protected 18650 pop through the letterbox only 10 mins ago from banggood.

They were in those little clear wrappers and then loose rattling around in a jiffybag which was placed inside a thin plastic bag.

No damage to any of them but the packaging was poor tbh. They really need to put the batteries in cases even if it means putting the price up by a few cents, I was about to order some more batteries and was thinking of purchasing cases in the order but i fear banggood will ship the cases separate or just throw the batts/cases in package without actually putting the batteries inside the case.

I, too, had the same thoughts… Maybe I’ll ask their support about that…

That is definitely stupid from BG, I got a S2 before some days and it was wrapped in a meter of foam additionally to the standard convoy card box package and bubblefoil. That was really overkill, but to send batteries without any additional packaging is plain dumb…
I am unsure why they do that on some items, I guess it has something to do from which warehouse the items get shipped…

they are damaged in shipping, sorry for that.

PM sent, let us deal with it.

They are damaged because of your improper packaging, which resulted in shipping damage. Take the responsibility where it is due, which was in packaging and change your packaging methods for batteries. Li-ion batteries and international shipping is a serious matter. Improper packaging is why there is such an issue with planes going up in flames and the stopping of Li-ion battery shipping. Don’t add to that issue and possibly create more unsafe conditions. Batteries should be wrapped individually and with several layers of bubble wrap, or boxed in a manner where they cannot touch each other at the poles. It is obvious that you did not pack them properly. Take time to learn and change your ways please. It would only benefit all of us. ALL DEALERS should do this, not just Banggood.

1+
Banggood change your packaging method for batteries.

Oh boy, I raised a real stink with this and I didn’t know BG had reps here! :open_mouth:

Just got a PM from them, let us see what happens.
I also have 10 NCR18650B coming and a lot of 10 Sanyo 18650 20R (oh no, will I lose those as well?!) |(

PS… where can I get HI draw 18650 to replace these (damn I hate to scrap these Pannys) :_(

Gosh

I’ve never received new batteries with dings like that. If I did, I would want a full refund.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=common/home

thank you, Old-Lumens

I will tell my boss about this!!

Other than a recent batch of 20 18650 batteries ordered from a surplus battery seller listed here on BLF every lithium Ion I have bought from a USA source has either had each pair packed in a plastic storage box or in a welded edge retail plastic bubble pack. This includes orders from Orbtronic, Illumination Supply RMM and Battery Junction.

Even the bulk purchase of surplus batteries from BG Micro had the batteries arranged in the small UPS Priority Mail box so that they could not shift around and damage themselves during shipping. It also included 30 Panasonic CR123 batteries.

I note that Old Lumens recommends a couple of my favorite sources for good quality batteries at decent prices.

Might as well take a closer look at how this happened, I took a pic of the package.

As you can see the package was not evenly wrapped. on the left there is thin foam and on the right 5 layers.
It seems the packer rolled two layers around the bundle then attempted to add another layer over the ends but left one side of the package exposed. Sort of bulged out like an aneurysm.

Adding to this uneven protection the cells could move around in the bundle and knock about.
I’m amazed we didn’t get a fire.

Just prior to this package I got 10 cells from BG Micro and they were perfect. They were secured in box, wrapped so they could not move.

If I had ordered two cells at a time this likely would not have happened.

Gosh

it happened to me last week with only 2 cells… :smiley:

My two toothbrush cases arrived today from BG. The package was huge and a ton of foam was used. Those plastic cases were really safe in there. Maybe they should start packing batteries as good :expressionless:

I am sure if they charge 10 to 50 cents for a case (that can be used by most of the customers) noone will complain!

… or pack it in the shipping costs
“for environmental safety LiIon Batteries get extra package ”

something the not knowing people can understand :wink:

If you buy batteries from a reputable seller they normally come in a small plastic holder which holds them very securely.

! !

Why won’t everyone just accept BG are cheaper for a reason…

I wonder if those cells went through a mail sorter, some kind of a cog with nubs that dented the batteries.