Dings and dents.

> some kind of a cog with nubs that dented the batteries.

You’ve got to pack expecting mistreatment, not
pack for “if everything goes well …”

YIKES!
this sort of irresponsible packing is what causes accidents and the banning of li-ion from air shipment.
i sure dont want to be on a plane with a load of wounded,pissed off incendiary grenades.
thats what damaged li-ion are!
no excuse!
those battery boxes are CHEAP!

Nice work OL

To me, this pic says they were damaged before they were shipped. Perhaps in storage. It takes a surprisingly small amount of force to do this.
Notice that the dents seem to line up as though it happened before they were individually wrapped.

Welp, they gave me a refund so this little tale is done.

I wonder if I should try charging these batteries just to see what happens? J)

Thanks for the help Neal.

I wouldn’t try… Mine two got dumped ASAP

Today I got the replacement from banggood, and are dented too, just barely dented but I won’t trust them. I make paypal judge the case.

a friend received 4 NCR18650B-3400mAh this week
he told me very well wrapped in foam

Mine were, too, well wrapped in foam, but there is a dent in each one. They have to put them in a plastic box, not loosely in foam

maybe they store them in big boxes in the warehouse?

Folks.

Another 10 NCR18650B have arrived…

They are worse than the last lot… NOW I’M FREEKING MAD.

Two whole shipments ruined!!
Wasted weeks of my time and I’m going to have to lodge a complaint and go through this again.

I’ll add pics next week (screw it, I’m going on holidays.)

Bet you wished now you’d paid a bit more from the start and purchased from a reputable seller huh?

Edit: sorry, that probably sounded harsh

Maybe BG should start shippingb
LiIon cells in toothbrush cases… :Sp

Remember Banggood and the other similar sites are competing for lowest price.
Odds are they’re going to be getting in some damaged merchandise, the stuff quality control sidelines elsewhere.
That’s going to be a problem anywhere in the world, not just China, not just Banggood.

Problem here is that we know lithium-ion cells aren’t just cosmetically damaged by being dropped, or dented.

The people handling these may have no clue about dropping them being a problem.
The people handling these may think a little dent or crease is just cosmetic, reason to sell it a bit cheaper.

Someone at Banggood should be responsible for
— worker safety
— product safety
— quality control

Would ya think?

But we don’t know if such a person exists, or has any authority to say “this is not to be sold, recycle it safely.”

Heck, anyone know if China has a recycling program for lithium-ion cells?
Or are they just going into the trash — or to someone who will try to sell them even cheaper?

There’s got to be a way all those crap batteries get into cheap products.

Fasttech were the only one’s I used until they started missing shipments.
As for these guys, they were one of a group of new sellers I ordered from and all others have gotten product to me in one piece.

Unfortunately I ordered three items from them and this item is strike two and the third and last (never again) is still to arrive.

As for your smug tone, take it somewhere else since I am unamused.

Might as well show the world the latest disaster.
10 more cells ruined.

Not a happy flashaholic.

They look like airsoft target practice. Now you’re scaring me, I have some cells on the way from BG.