DinoDirect:supfire X5"Group Buy" *$18.99*Now you can order more than one

WOOHOO! For once, I apparently got a good one instead of the usual bones that I always seem unlucky enough to get. The one I got kicks butt, at least in some quick white-wall hunting tests. Appears to out-bright my venerable xin C8, but will give it a real test once dark. Draws a SOLID 2.91 at the tailcap with a fully charged unprotected fasttech Samsung pink 2600. 3.0 with a pack pull Samsung pink! (Why are the pack pulls always better than brand-new “real” 18650s?)

Virtually flawless annodizing and construction. Threads seemed a little funky. Had a few seconds of fumbling trying to get the cap to thread, but once lubed it threads on easily every time. Must have been the dry threads.

Packing was great. Wrapped in enough bubble wrap to choke a whale …. Heck enough bubble wrap to choke a whole pod of whales.

Love the color. One of the brightest and shiniest lenses and reflectors I have seen to come out of China. NO FINGERPRINTS!!! Centered emitter and brighter than getout. One tiny pinhead imperfection on the reflector. Looks like a tiny plating run.

Probably an uncoated lens, but man did someone polish this sucker; it’s like a mirror and flawless. No blebs or bubbles. But not getting any colored effects on the lens surface when I tilt the lens in direct light, which is usually indicative of no coating. No scratch-off serial number. Nice lanyard, although I wonder how long the plastic fittings will last.

One downside are the darn blinkies, but that’s par for the course.

Thanks Summer! After all the discussion here, I expected a lump of coal but got a bar of gold.

Can’t wait to try it tonight. Fake or real, mine’s a great little light.

Now lets see how Mr. Coyote — who has been hanging at my urban flashlight-testing range here in bootiful Orange C — likes this shined directly in his leering brush-wolf face! Har har!!!

im still waiting for mine… mine did ship before the holidays… but who knows if it left the country in time for cny

Real lousy you got the bogus Amazon DVD’s before you got this light! Keeping fingers crossed jmpaul320 for tomorrow or the weekend.

I have to say, when I look at your retail package it makes the DD $19 deal look worse! That’s quite a nice bit of kit for $14 dollars more! especially if ours are rejects. We will have to wait for Summer to respond before doing anything.

By the way mine is the one with the misprinted number, it looks like it was moved whilst laser etching. Someone has part of my logo laser etched on his thumb! :bigsmile:

Marc.

Got my second one today, both look great, mine are first rate with no defects. Boxed one for $33 with a battery and charger or two flashlights for $38.

Nice rugged construction with a sleeve on the side to slide in an extra cell. Better than the C8 sized Yezl branded one I got from Wallbuys for the DDX5.

link

Tack on another $8 from DD = $27 for this $19 BLF deal and leaves $6 for the remainder of the retail box package = good deal factory-direct

Seems like most feel they received first quality. Wrote in a previous post that no doubt the DD light is Supfire factory product (down to the HX-1101A driver) but mine was a return and likely a replacement of driver board and/or emitter so I had to clean up the inside of the lens, blow out the dust from the reflector and rethread the driver retaining ring. Funny that the threads were dry but the o-rings lubed so those got taken care of too. In the end all’s good on the performance front.

However, I just don’t know what all that stuff from Summer was about the factory CNY holiday because I believed these were coming from the factory and was time dependent. Stated in the first post (“As the spring festival will come soon in China,Supfire factory will take thier holliday from 25th Jan.This group buy will ended on 24th Jan”) and then repeated (“jpg-pasted” http://img1.qdw.lefux.com///images/Photos/2013/1/14/2013011405170879.jpg) in a message later on

Came with a DD receipt and was not sent from the Supfire factory or DD (sorry for the crappy scan)

SHOP 1 G/F FREE TRADE CTR49 TSUN YIP ST KWUN TONG KLN HK = CPS LOGISTICS LIMITED

Looked up Ansitai Logitics Limited on the web it has a couple of complaints about refurbished goods (including a DD related complaint) consistent with the one I received as well as the logo misprint from marcl’s light. Seems like DD’s probly just a webfront for a drop-shipping warehouse with inconsistent goods or sources. (edit; anyone get their light shipped from another place?)

During our BLF deal DD ran 3 consecutive $22 X5 “group buys” from their site #1 - #2 - #3 Seems like they had some product to clear out and sold almost 300 lights.

Glad to have both great lights especially for the comparison but since there’s the chance of receiving less than first quality I don’t think I’ll deal with DD again.

edit: just read the updates in the thread about the problematic SRK’s from fasttech Guess it’s par for the course coming from these dealers :frowning: Hopefully their batteries will stay tops

Thanks Marc, didn’t remember who in the thread wrote that. Can you get a pic up here? It’d be interesting to see.

While mine was easy to fix, your definitely due some compensation for that kinda flaw!

edit; Read your 2 star review over there. OUCH! Hurts almost as much as that guy’s thumb :slight_smile:

These 2 holtsters fit perfect, from I-O, optional with the XinTD.

This one is cheaper quality, but is the $2 option with the XinTD, probably wouldn't work with the lanyard attached:

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/c8-flashlight-holster-p-258.html

This one is nice quality, has holes on the bottom to allow the lanyard to slip through:

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/26650c8-flashlight-holster-p-402.html

I got both and tried them both with the X5.

I will try to get some pictures over the weekend.

As for my review, it might sound harsh but it’s subjective, as I didn’t really want this light. If you follow the DDX5 thread you will see me saying how I didn’t want it unless someone was able to review it first. Then Summer says it comes with the original Serial number card. So I go back to the specs, read it again and think, stuff it, i’ll get one. Now if I really wanted this type of light I would still be a little miffed at the discrepancies, but would probably have be less grouchy about it. But when it arrives and all the things that made me buy it are not there, then I do feel a little cheated. If I am looking for a thrower it needs to be powerful, mine is a little short at 2.4A and because of that my Solarforce L2T 2.8A performs better, so this light is in no mans land for me really, which is a great shame because the host is very good quality, if you ignore the major misprint that is and the the lack of AR. Oh and the purple tint.

Marc.

I rewrote my post to be funny but you responded quicker

“Hurts almost as much as that guy’s thumb :slight_smile:

Hey, you got a 2nd so they deserve it! Did it ship from the same place as mine? (SHOP 1 G/F FREE TRADE CTR49 TSUN/CPS LOGISTICS or Ansitai Logitics?)

Surprised with all the others sold at $22 at DD that no one else has done a review.

This seems to be all over the place with the amps: Ubehebe got a 3A with a Sanyo and yours a low 2.4A (my two are same to the eye but I gotta get a new dmm this weekend to take some measurements)

I read back through all your posts and and saw Summer’s direct answers clearly misleading or uninformed. I mean the lenscoating isn’t even mentioned at the supfire site.

Also, did you ever get anything back from your email to the company?

Thanks.

Yes mine came in a DD envelope not a Supfire one and it was just in a small crushed cardboard box not bubble wrap, nothing! As for the tailcap measurement I get 2.4A with my Sanyo cell fresh off the charger. As for my DMM it’s a good one, a Vellerman but just to be sure my friend has a very expensive Fluke. It gave exactly the same reading.

I have not heard back from Supfire yet, I guess they are to busy making AR lenses to ship out to us. :bigsmile:

Marc.

Still waiting for mine :( I don’t think I’ll bother ordering from China again,it just takes too bloody long :(

The problem is if we order from the UK it’s 3 times the price.

Marc.

Received mine today, packaging not great, bit crappy but happy with the flashlight! Very bright and finish is great! My new light to take with me on flying duty :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I chased my order the other day and received a e-mail stating that the shipment is delays at customs. I think someone upstairs has got it in for me.I ALWAYS seem to get problems,even at the bloody supermarket checkout someone will crash the bloody till or its got the wrong label on it,I even had an argument with some silly old grumpy woman in the post office,she wanted to charge me a package price for a jiffy bag as it wouldn’t go through this silly little slot,I grabbed it back and squashed all the air out and it fitted perfectly. I told her if it gets stuck in the machine at the depot someone will take it out…its not a bloody Nuclear bomb…!!! God she did annoy me,so grumpy all the time,I will actively try and use somewhere else next time. Grumpy miserable cow.

Arrr that’s better,that’s been on my chest all day….back to normal now…happy days…lol :slight_smile:

:bigsmile: You do sound very British!

Marc

That’s because I am Born and bred in the UK,THERE IS NO MIGRANT IMMIGRANT IN ME…!!! LOL

Plus the fact I absolutely detest sloppy customer service and grumpy oap’s who never retire or die to let the the younger one’s have a chance at getting a job…!!!

Has anyone had a reply from Summer yet? Regarding the problems some of us have had with our X5’s

Marc.

i got mine today… way better than i was expecting! this will make a nice host for my mod :slight_smile: im thinking it needs a nice u3 at 4 amps? or maybe a neutral de-domed t5 4000k at 4.0 amps

the only drawback is that the lens is definitely cheap… i have 3x c8 lenses on the way that are ucl… im hoping one of them fits

i measured 2.51a on high on a partially discharged imr (4.0v) - that doesnt matter though - this thing is getting a 7135 driver asap when my intl outdoor order arrives!

It’s nice that flashlight comes in a suitcase. :heart_eyes: