Do you like cold temperatures?

Weather been screwy this past year round here. Wettest summer that I can remember. This the last month of Fall was colder than the first month of Winter. Now it just too DARN cold. –4°F last night and gonna be another day till it gets above freezing.

Mastered° Thank you.
My current temp is –7° F

The only place in the arctic as of 1/31/2019, 12:07 eastern standard time that is colder than my city is: Siorapaluk

I love cold weather when it is in someone else’s locale. I lived in four Midwestern states for about two decades and loved it way more than living on the east coast as a child where the high humidity added to the misery. After a winter of frozen pipes and frostbitten ear lobes in Ohio I got the chance to live and work in the desert southwest. It took a bit of acclimating to the summers but it sure beats shoveling snow and sub-zero temperatures. I can sympathize with my friends in the Madison WI area (Go Badgers!) who had floods in the summer and now dangerously cold temperatures this winter. It was 67 degrees and sunny yesterday.

I remember reading back in the day that russians would rub goose fat on exposed sink i.e. face when it became very cold. Need to find a goose now.

yes,see my thread! lol! We started our threads 18 minutes apart,were you inspired by mine?! lol!

P.S.My Husky CAPO would LOVE to meet your Squirrel!

Video from yesterday.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nrtLHN5_rpNfA-aoBro63komCWFME15AziS7wqlnXPOFPxVvU-z2801-sDN3T66IcevE5Y2Y-FnToA=m18?cpn=Pcn2CL4Dr4v07Jx6&c=WEB_EMBEDDED_PLAYER&cver=20190126

Dude I had no idea you started a post about cold temps. Cute dog. I bet he is a happy camper about the cold. Dogs rule. Squirrels are rulers of the trees however.

I believe you,Great minds think alike! :smiley:

True,sometimes those squirrels do NOT make it to the tree!! lol! :smiling_imp:

That is, until a grey clamps its incisors into Capo’s snout :smiling_imp:

lol! Right!

I have been trying to stop him from killing small animals. ALL on a standard 4 foot leash! With me being his accomplice at times.

5 Groundhogs

4 Opossums

2 Squirrels

Capo shed a few drops of blood from the sharp claws of a Groundhog.

None of the animals suffered,The Squirrels were polished of in a matter of seconds!

Did you ever have them get into your house? I have,they cause damage.I have only stopped CAPO from Killing G’hogs and Opossums,he can wipe out the whole population off squirrels and I would not shed any tears! Nothing but rodents!

That is my story! Time to hit the trail,Do not think I will see any squirrels tonight!..a little nippy.

I reflect the same sentiment. I am originally from the East Coast ( New York, Conn, New Jersey ) too freekin cold. Headed out West and stayed here.

i like cold but i get over it, below about 35
atlanta was 27 this morning, going up to 50 something friday
that is about right

wle

You guys have Superbowl going on so DEFINITELY worth cold.

I like cool white :sunglasses:

Pest hunters in the United Kingdom would like to know your location :stuck_out_tongue:

I lived in S. Calif my last couple of years of H.S. in the 70’s. Loved the Mediterranean climate. It ruined me and I don’t like snow anymore. I don’t like the winters here, but at least we don’t get severe winters being west of the continental divide and also reap the westerly air flow from the Pacific on occasion. Don’t care for the winter inversions in Utah, but the spring/summer/fall is great. My birthday is March 8th. When celebrating, I just call it my “end of winter” party.

I have never liked the cold. Unfortunately, I live in the coldest, harshest part of Colorado, a place that regularly has the lowest temps in the lower 48 states. The older I get the more I want to move. I find it very strange that going 4 hours north to Denver will land me in much warmer weather.

Nope…the family has a cabin near some very nice ski slopes but ever since cold weather training (–40 and then some) snow seems like no friend o’ mine. I won’t go near that place without mom’s express command.

I loved it when I was a kid though, but once you wake up with frost on your feet and start wondering if you’re looking at some amputated toes it loses its appeal.

I am not the largest fan of cold weather, odd since I live 61 Degrees north.

I will say I am not a fan of anything below –10 Degree Fahrenheit, it just gets painful to be out for over 2-3 hours.

I grew up in Hawaii and now live in Cleveland, Ohio (long story). So no...I hate the cold weather. 'Very much hate the below 0 temps we had last week. I've been here far too long and as soon as I can, I'll move to warmer climates again.