Does the ring tone of vapcell S4 + need to be cancelled?

Hello, all the new versions are sold in 2022

Thank you very much for your information

Xtar charger, 9v2a type-C adapter is enough

If 45W or 66W usb-c fast charging and multiple slot chargers are used, current distribution is a technical problem that needs to be solved

So a single slot charger is safe

However, at present, few batteries need 6A or 12A charging current. If there is a demand, the sales are limited

thank you

I seldom see it because of the price. Personally, I think it is the main factor

There are still some protocol and technical problems to be solved

Dear BLF members, thank you very much for your suggestions

At present, the following changes have been made to the problem of ringing noise:

The default display is on. Long press the dis key for 3 seconds to turn off the LCD and turn off the ring tone promotion

It is expected that the batch production order can be improved. At present, there is still inventory on sale

If there are any other suggestions about s4+ charger, you are welcome to put forward them. We will consider more upgrades for better user experience

Thank you

Hello @vapcell Dennis,
I ordered the Vapcell S4 Plus 2.0 in December and received it two days ago. Is the 3 second long press of the Display key supposed to turn the LCD off and turn off the ring tone?

When I long press the Display key for 3 seconds the LCD does indeed turn off, but the ring tone still occurs when charging is done. Does this mean there is a problem with the unit I received, or the unit I received is not the latest version? The box and manual on mine says 2.0.

Thanks.

Hello, Happy New Year

This is the latest V2.0 charger, and there will still be ringing tones

Press and hold the DISPLAY key for 3 seconds, and the ring tone will disappear. This function will be implemented in V3.0

The reason for not upgrading is that there are thousands of V2.0 chips in stock

The V3.0 version is expected to be upgraded as follows: 1. After the DISPLAY key is pressed for 3 seconds, the ring tone will disappear; 2. The storage mode will be increased, and the storage voltage of the lithium ion battery will be 3.70V

It is expected that a new version of V3.0 will appear in March and April this year

Happy new year

Can the V3.0 clearly identified, at least the packaging? I have the 2.0 but I don´t see a 2.0 at my packaging

The packaging box and instruction manual of V2.0 have remarks V2.0. Your charger may have just released V2.0, but the carton and instruction manual have not been updated. There is a little inventory left, which has been updated after use

V3.0 will do the same, but we will prepare V3.0 cartons and instructions in advance :slight_smile:

OK, Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

New devices with the same name are sometimes hard to identify.

I’ve been enjoying my S4+ V2 for a few weeks now. I have two observations:

1) I originally assumed the ring tone would be when all channels are finished, but it appears to be at the finish of each channel…?

My non-technical parents assumed the first alarm meant all the cells were finished, without reading the display :person_facepalming:

2) I have chargers with better + contacts for AAA cells, the S4 plus requires cells to be carefully balanced in the channel in order to make good contact.

With regards to charger versions, perhaps it’s possible to put a model number on the charger casing so that users know exactly what model they own? Or even a sticker on the underside or something?

1. Every channel will be ringed, yes :wink: . If all channels are finished the display will be turned off after a short time

My Accupower lights up the backround light if one channel is finished for some seconds, if all are finished it never stops lighting, not the best idea :person_facepalming:

2. Do you mean AA/AAA-charger or Universal-chargers? I have some Universal-chargers like the Zanflare C4, Nitecore UMS4, Keeppower L4 and these chargers are very critical with AAA, you have to clamp it in an angle. The S4+ is much better, the Xtar VC4SL and Opus BT-C3100 are similar. Dlyfull T5, Accupower 338XL are better.

My model bought in 2021 has just become more or less useless.

All of the sudden now all cell voltages are displayed correctly only when the cell is placed in the tray and after several seconds
the voltage is shown as higher and soon the cell appears as charge terminated.
It is obviously not terminated, mostly terminating at 4.08V-4.12V
All bays with any type of Li-ion size and capacity is the same situation, all show charge termination now way before they should terminate, this was not the case ever before.

Strange, are using auto or manual mode?

What are the cells you’re using? I would assume that behaviour would be normal for cells with high internal resistance?

ALL kind of li-ion cells, various sizes, from small to large, does not matter what cell it is, most are Samsung 30Q anyway, I got many cells models.
Any of the 4 bays.
Manual mode.

But do not agree with you that it should be normal with high internal resistance cells, the smaller 18350 have higher internal resistance than say some of the powerful 21700 and any charger can charge them well.

Will it have 26800 compatibility?

No, the mold is formed, and the S4+shape cannot be changed

However, some subsequent new vapcell smart chargers can charge 26800 batteries

Smart chargers mean very simple chargers without Display and Analyze-functions?

no,The charger has a LCD screen and some buttons :slight_smile:

Also Info about charged/discharged capacity and a selection of charge/discharge current? That´s my minimum requirements

Why does everyone hate the ringtone when charging finished? I actually love the audible alert and its one of the many reasons I bought this charger.