DQG 18650 mini clicky

Good Day,

I have just received my D.Q.G 18650 3rd Generation Neutral White, and I am Very impressed.

It is a Very Small 18650 light that can handle very different battery lengths (Clever design), Very Well designed, Nice color, and of High quality.

And I am already used to its UI...

Best Regards,

George

Good Day Firelight2,

Thank you Very Much for all the Valuable info on the D.Q.G 18650 3rd Generation..,

...it is a Very Nice light, particularly considering its size and price.

I thank you, But my wife doesn't....

Best Regards,

George

Firelight2,

Have you had any further progress on the teardown of your Tiny III? I am interested to see if you can actually get all the way into the thing. Good luck!

Probably not a lot of new information here, but I just posted my review if anyone is interested.

Glad to see this light is getting in the hands of the right people. Have been reading the reviews and looking hard at the photos. UI is different for sure, but could get used to it quick.

Just can’t get past the color differentials in the finishes. The body of this light looks like a nice light gray, while the tail cap looks O.D. Green.

Would have bought this one weeks ago otherwise.

Is it the photos, or does this look mishmash in person?

I think it looks much worse in my photos due to the settings I used. It’s gray with a slight bronze hue to it. In my review, the picture of the 3 lights together gives the best representation of what it looks like. I don’t mind it, even though I’m usually a stickler for things matching/lining up/etc.

Thank you for the additional photos. Looks like the head and tail cap are the same, but the body is a lighter color?

I deleted my prev pic because it still looked a bit green. Here it is after I fixed the saturation.

That photo in front of the toy rocket has the same colors as my Tiny III in natural light, great photography!

It is a two tone green anodizing, which leads me to think that they may have different types of aluminum for the body and the head/tail cap… All types of aluminum anodize differently to get the same color. So the head and tail being made of 6XXX series aluminum (cheaper and easier to machine) and the body made of 7XXX series for more strength (thinner walls) would account for the color difference if they were all anodized in the same mix for the same amount of time… Just a theory though…

Regardless, the colors look good together with the stainless, in my opinion, so it does not bother me.

Looks like tint is a crap shoot. Everythings on mine the same except for the cap. For $23+/- I can’t complain. I’ve been carrying this thing more than my SC62 lately. Size wise, it reminds me of a fat D10.

Looks like I won’t be getting one. I ordered one from banggood frigging weeks ago. It was showing in stock at the time. Eventually they told me out of stock, available next week. Has been weeks and weeks and now they tell me they will not have it at all.

Pisses me off when companies f*ck you about like this.

This is aggravating when it happens. I had the same issue with them and when I contacted them, they “found” two that I had ordered and shipped them out… Have you started a PayPal dispute or anything? I have the same issue with an OPUS V2.2 going on with Gearbest right now, they are not even returning my emails, at least Banggood did…

Kaidoman is showing they have them HERE (non affiliated link) If anyone is still interested in these…

Nice light. Hey, anyone know where I can get spare clips for these? I need a replacement and would love to get more…

Also, anyone have a link on where to get good clips like this in general?
For AA, AAA, CR123 lights etc.

I agree with Gunga… the clip on this light is really good.

I like it as well, does anyone else’s sit down too much on the head when reversed? I currently have this clip on another light due to this. It is an great clip for its dimension’s and holds well.

I found a source for the clips but the shipping cost is a bit high. Anyone want to share some?

Edit. Never mind. Canada post will change me $8 to ship em. No point.

If you wouldnt mind, post the source or PM me with the info. The clip is good on other lights too…
Perhaps shipping TO Canada would be cheaper from my end…
EDIT: Nuts, about the same $8…

Actually it’s not a secret source. It’s George from DQG. $8 shipping. Then $2.5 each. I may just buy 3-5.

Wasn’t sure… I honestly hadn’t thought to contact George. Not bad if you order several, like four would be $18 with shipping, so they would be $4.50 each, I can swing that. Most people spend more than that on a glass of wine or what not… These clips can easily be bent to fit AA lights as well…