DQG 26650 EDC Triple XPG2

Not surprisingly, Ric is great at communicating information about a proven product that he sells, especially when it effortlessly puts money in his pocket. He also does a great job at correcting problems that might arise after a sale is made. In the months prior to the release of this triple light, I was told it would have a boost driver that would operate on a single cell. After several attempts to email Ric and get more specific details, he either ignored my replies or finally gave in and provided very sketchy (useless) details. IMO, the light is a complete fail but the driver might have been a huge asset to the community. Maybe others can email/Pm Ric and have better luck than I (and several others) in finding out the real facts about this driver. I suspect it will disappoint, just as has been the overwhelming lack of communication from the seller. :Sp

chime-in to say that I’m interested by this light. I have all DQG models and I love them all :slight_smile:
no problems so far and I EDC them since last year. Even on the 18650, I have no issue, Pana 3400mAh fit fine inside.
Now for this upcoming 26650, please Ric, don’t listen to some previsous posts. Runtime is where a light is usable or not. All the lights are mostly used in med or low, so take care of the runtime on these modes. When I go for a walk or hiking for a week-end, I need at least 8 hours of usable light. So to calculate the output level, target 8~10 hours runtime on med and it will be perfect. Sunwayman always nails it and that;s why I own most of their lights.
My perfect modes will be something like that:
Turbo: max power, don’t care about runtime, its used for quick searching. Let’s say around 1000 lumens
High: 1/4 to 1/3 of Turbo
Med: between 8 to 10 hours of runtime, with 3 XP-G2 on 26650, it should translate into 60~80 lumens, which is fine for general purpose usage
Low: between 3 to 10 lumens
Moon/Firefly: useless on this light.

Hopefully this project will come out soon anc count with me as a first wave buyer 8)

any news about this light?

Ric, don't pay attention to this post.

I bought 6 DQG since their introduction to market (3 AAA, 2 AA and one 18650). How many did you buy ?
these maniacs for ultra low modes are a tiny part of buyers. I stand still. on a 26650 light, they are no need for sub lumen mode. They are other lights for that.

Need? Tell me how you really need this light and 6 more of them. Ric can accommodate both if he wanted to via two mode groups or hidden modes. Leaving a lower mode out that's easy to put in because you don't have a use for it is foolish. Zebralight, Sunwayman, Armytek and others have realized this. This light could be a better light that's more attractive to a larger group of customers, or it can be mediocre because that's what you want.

I buy as many lights as I want, even when I don’t need it :bigsmile:
and I don’t think I’m the only one like that here…
I always carry 4 lights with me + 2 in my car. nothing special for a flashaholic.
Ric can do what he want, but his original idea is good, only need to lower a bit the med mode to give 8 hours runtime. It will make a fantastic light and I will buy 2.
making hidden modes and useless complex UI is the wrong thing to do. KISS principle rocks. (BTW Armytek that you quoted is the worst of all, what a rubbish UI, so rubbish that you can’t operate it if you don’t have the manual with you)

originally i was planned to buy DQG 18650 but after hear several cells won’t fit i change my mind,i will wait until someone review the V2 of DQG 18650 0:)

Still not available in CNQualityGoods but available in Aliexpress

Since they are using CNQ’s photos, I’d have to assume they have become a dealer for Rick as well.

they are BTU & DQG aka Ric himself.
see the contact person name in sending message box.

I browse some of out of stock item in CNQG is available for purchase here (some with lower price too).

Looks like its available on cnqualitygoods. I don’t see anything saying it isn’t available.

Ric mentioned something about shipping it "this week".. Soon..

It will be very interesting to see if the driver is in fact a boost regulated design and how well it performs.

When I made the post, it’s not yet available in Cnqualitygoods.
Now already available in both site but price in Cnqg is higher, USD 45 vs USD 42 (Aliexpress).

Trying to buy in Aliexpress but my payment cancelled because of security issue (not happened on previous order from Aliexpress) :~
May be should wait until have same price on Cnqg or may be even lower :shy:
Or after someone make review of this flashlight :smiley:

This is available now.

Who is the “US dealer”?

Heis probably waiting to have them in hand to make the announcement. Can't twait to see how these end up being

http://wallbuys.com/Product/DQG-26650-Triple-3-x-CREE-XP-G2-R5-1A-CW-1250LM-5-Mode-Cool-White-LED-Flashlight-Black-1x26650—11648

Uh oh. What’s this at Wallbuys. Too bad their shipping is the slowest.

Will get the light tomorrow :bigsmile:
some pics and remarks coming…

Looking forward to that, xpea!