DQG 26650 EDC Triple XPG2

Can anyone comment on the PWM of this light? Thinking of getting one but really sensitive to bad PWM.
Thanks

Just got it today, I also sensitive to low freq PWM, so far non I can notice after toying checking it for hours :slight_smile:

It comes with one good lanyard & 4 spare O-rings

Size with KK 26650

Although the battery protruded a little, but not to worry, tailcap screw on nicely.
Threads came dry, lubed with Nyogel :slight_smile:

Business end

Side switch

Lightly tap the switch come in Low, quick tap to Mid & another to High, sequence repeat, no blinky modes :smiley:
Press & hold for 2secs to turn off, it always start on Low.
Only con for me is the tailcap knurling, is somehow unmatching to the body :~

Quick 2 clicks will give you turbo which is 30 seconds then kicks down to high

That picture is a little too big! Sal415

I am going to receive mine in about 2 days..it arrived at the customs today.

I will be feeding it 18650, as I still have to order some 26650s.

Thank you for the information about PWM! That is great news.
And it is SMALL when side by side to a 26650 battery!

Does it have low-voltage warning/protection?

Got mine from the RIC-CN Christmas Sale:

Does , yes, 6.7 amps on a Power izer on Turbo !!!

Sadly, my DQG 26650 died, just to confirm the Turbo mode last night, double clicked it, flash once & off… and cannot turn on again, all possible connection checked also without any luck.

E-mail sent to Ric, see what we can work out with this one :frowning: :weary:

Ordered one last night from banggood. Good price

Received mine today.. not tested yet...!

Tailcap is quite stiff.. and needs more strength to take off than most other lights.

Edit: just used it with a 18650. The button is quite floppy, doesn't feel much quality there. Lubing the oring helped the stiff tailcap.

The light has some sharp edges...

But it's really small..I actually like it quite a bit more than I expected ;) ,despite the small things noticed before.

The switch looks like the SRK electronic switch. Is it possible to unscrew it and add a dampening o-ring?

But the SRK switch feels better, this one moves around when you press it.

Ric emailed me back, I think he misunderstood what I told him about my flashlight, he just say in order to activate Turbo mode, must have good quality cell that’s capable of 6-7A.

I’m using KK ICR26650E, its not old cell and I believe its capable of delivering 6-7A, but my flashlight died after flash once on Turbo mode.

Now even the 3 normal modes also doesn’t come on ever again.

So i take it apart to have a look, the sloppy switch is very basic, I don’t see any O-ring protection nor plastic washer, very doubtful about the water resistant :weary:

Did you get a replacement or refund? Sorry to hear that.
I will for sure try the turbo mode out as soon as I get the light. Better than find it out two months later.

Looking for some advise and opinion about this light, wondering why it hasn’t received more attention? Does anyone know is there a complete review on it anywhere?

Also why XPG and not XML? More throw/less flood?

Does anyone know how the output of this compares to the Blackshadow Darth?

I just got my DQG 26650 today. I ordered one from Banggood.

This thing really is quite tiny. I like the spacing between the different levels of brightness. Button isn’t too bad, but I can see it being easily triggered. You don’t need a very heavy touch to activate. Good thing it can be manually locked out by disconnecting the body from the head of the light with a slight twist.

Please, I’d love to read some comments on the output/brightness of this light. And as compared to other popular lights.

Just been playing around with it a bit more. The description mentioned turbo mode by double-clicking. Yes, double-click in any of the modes to get into turbo. Turbo only lasts 30 seconds; after which it will revert back to the last mode it was in before you double-clicked. The description says it steps down to high, but on mine it goes back to the last mode before you entered turbo.

It gets really hot when in turbo! So you don’t want to leave it in turbo for any more than the 30 seconds.

This is listed on the cnqualitygoods description for the DQG 26650:
Brightness: Low (4 lumens) > Mid (150 lumens)>High (500 lumens) ; Hidden turbo mode (1250 lumens)

I think those modes are pretty accurate. I don’t have any measuring devices other than what I perceive with my eyes. The modes listed seem to match up by comparing to other lights I have.

The machining overall is pretty good. The battery tube is a little more smoothed out than the head. There seems to be more sharp edges on the head area. I think they should have not cut-away the small ring/fins that are directly under/near the switch. I think they did the cut-away for ergonomics for when you rest your thumb on the switch, but I think it would have looked better with that area not cut down. That is where I find there to be some sharp edges because of the cut-away.

I only have a cell phone/tablet camera so taking any pictures would not do this light justice. There’s a fairly large hotspot; and the spill dissipates quite evenly around the hotspot. There’s no ringy-ness at all. You do not notice at all the 3 emitters in the hotspot, it looks just like one big spot. I find it to be a really nice floody light.

After I received the DGQ 26650 Triple XP-G2 in Neutral White last week, I quickly threw in an MNKE 26650 to test it out. It certainly impressed me in with its hidden Turbo mode. I was so bright that I had to get an estimate of the OTF lumens. My EagleTAC SX25-L3 was the only light I could think off that had reliable OTF lumens in neutral white so I used it as my reference. As I do not have an IS, I used ceiling bounce for lumen approximations instead.

Using the ceiling bounce results from the SX25-L3, I used Excel to generate an approximate function (2nd order polynomial). Plugging in the values from the DQG Turbo into the function gave me 1255 lumens, which surprised me because I expected the neutral white version to have lower output.

What I like:

1. It is surprisingly bright for its size
  2. Small and fits my hand nicely
  3. Nice beam with a smooth transition from hotspot to spill
  4. Anodized threads allowing tailcap lockout
  5. User interface is simple and always starts on low

What I don’t like:

1. Scratches on the tailcap when I received it
  2. Sharp edges on the threads
  3. Button activates too easily
  4. Threads came without any lube

If I found it at less than $30 with a reasonable 2 week shipping… It would be exceptionally difficult to resist.