East-92 4amp 17mm driver

Has anyone tried the east-92 with 4P 18650?

I been thinking the same thing the past week or so. I considered putting one of my east-92 drivers in a Small sun T6 flashlight. It uses 2P 18650 batteries. Or even better I could put an East-92 driver in one of my Courui XM-L2 3P 18650 lights.

The most I was able to get out of an east-92 driver single cell was 5.8A with an unprotected TF 26650. I wonder if 2P NCR18650B would be too much?

Ken

The COURUI has an electronic switch so the east-92 won’t work.

If anything, I figure four cells should hold the high current reading stable for a longer period before it starts dropping.

Yes that’s right.

I will have to play around with this later today. I will post results.

Ken

Another member here has done his Courui mod with Nanjg driver by using the stock Courui driver as a contact board,

Oh yeah! I remember reading that thread! Thanks for the reminder! I will do the same but with a east-92!

Ken

Oh and another thing, I should have my other 10 east-92 drivers in a few days. They are in Los Angeles. I will test the latest drivers available from Fasttech.

Ken

The Nanjg has to have custom firmware written for a momentary switch, no custom FWs for the East-092.

I just received 10 of the latest FastTech east-092 yesterday, they look different than the ones in my HD2010. When you look at the driver on the battery contact side, you need a magnifying glass to read where its says east-092, its still in the black ring but not brass or copper just a very light engraving that’s not even filled with ink. If you didn’t use a magnifying glass you wouldent even see the printing, its the same with the other side of the driver, a very light engraving that says east-092 and again no ink. The main circuit chip appears to be different also, but might just be a new supplier. As far as output I haven’t checked that out yet. I was wondering if anyone else were getting these new drivers and getting DD out put from them? And what kind of amps? I’ll let my results be known as soon as I can, but I don’t think these are the real McCoy?

The last east-92 drivers I got from FT looked different than the ones in my HD2010, but they were good.

My 10 are in my mail box as of today. My lazy butt can track and verify they are delivered but I can’t seem to get the motivation to go check my mail. Hahahaha! I will update with current tests tomorrow or Sunday. Cheers!

Ken

The original East 092 I bought over a year ago from Fasttech, had a nice clean look. The East 092 logo was bold and bright etched in gold, and delivered over 4 amps. But the new ones (5) have a “dirty” look, with the East 092 logo barely visable. Put one in a HD2010, ryan copper pill, Noctigon XM-L2 U2 and got only 2.7 amps, very disappointing. DTU, 06N03, DC50U,

I just received 10 of these east-092 also three days ago and that one chip you just mentioned, mine is different, DTU / 40N06 / DC51U . I don’t know how much different that makes but I agree with the older look of the bold gold east 092 look, on mine I had to look with a magnifing glass just to read it. I don’t have one mounted yet to give readings on the tail cap but after reading your post, I’m now in no hurry. I was hoping for the old 4amp + driver.

This is all very disappointing news so far. Thanks for trying.

I just received a order of more east-92 drivers. They sent me east-92B drivers. I tested a couple of them and they did do 4.5-4.6A with a 20r 18650. Are the east-92B drivers the better ones? This is my first “B” driver experience.

Ken

Fasttech has them in stock again, did you order them from Fasttech?

My Tangsfire C8 from Tmart has the “real” East-092 and the current was measured at 5.6A with INR 20R. 4.6A is impressive but still kind of low for a direct-drive driver?

Yes they are from fasttech. It might be doing better than 4.6a. I was only using alligator clips. I can do a better test in a day or so with solder connections. I also noticed the 2.4a driver from fasttech is evidently a DD driver also. Look at a discussion and review a person did recently. Just put 2.4a in the search bar on fasttech site. Its the third one down I believe.

Ken

You mean this ?

I have two $7 Aurabuy C8 and they are direct-drive in high mode, not the East-092 label though. In fact this kind of direct-drive drivers were used extensively in cheap lights but I don’t know why there is almost no any seller carries them. Maybe we can off to purchase a $7 buck light and harvest its driver instead of spending lots of money in Fasttech while still playing their lottery lol.

Yes, thats it. I’ve had good luck with ordering the east92 drivers. Out of about 120 or so I have only 6 or so have been bad. Maybe I’m just lucky!

Ken