East-92 4amp 17mm driver

200Hz seems painfully low.

I remember my East-92 to be 6kHz PWM on low and med.

Thanks for the schematic though! :slight_smile:

On the two that I got from Fasttech, I can sometimes hear the whine in medium, when I can get it into medium mode, but I think/hope that tivo might be able to fix that :)!

I am quoting myself, to reiterate what I said above, which was different from what I was asking/guessing earlier: On the 2 drivers I have from FT, THERE IS NO PWM ON HIGH MODE, based on scoping the MOSFET GATE pin.

The pic above was in medium, and I only posted it because I wanted to show that my old Tektronics scope was actually working :)…

Sorry if I caused confusion :(.

Jim

ok the east-92 is discontinued but it exist this other clone

driver

the mosfet appears to be good

datashet

That looks like one of the ones that comfy got earlier (left one in his pic):

which he described as:

in this post:

So that explains part of the mixup, i.e., FT is mixing this driver (moviles mentioned):

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1612/10001998/1321600-1-lithium-5-mode-24a-led-flashlight-driver

with this driver (the now-discontinued “EAST-092”):

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001752/1127405-3-7v-5v-5-mode-led-flashlight-direct-drive-driver

Hi,

FYI, geek, and then Jasmine, have responded to the FT forum thread(s):

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1127405/t/1056716/geek-east-092-can-fasttech-screen-for-the-good

The latest post from Jasmine:

hmmm ok after read old post this east-92B appears to have pwm in high mode :frowning:

post 113

That’s what it sounds like, e.g.:

So, it sounds like we’ve been dealing with, and discussing two different drivers, at least recently :(, and FT hasn’t helped matters by apparently (apparently) mixing them together in orders :frowning: !

But this cluster over a simple driver has gone on for way too long to be other than BS IMO.

The simple solution is you remove all your stock send it all back to the supplier and only restock with proven stock. Especially with this driver which is now in big back logged demand. Me thinks they must have a bunch of the crappy ones and are trying to stealthily unload them over time on those that don’t know the difference.

Thousands of businesses all over the world get it done. Simple as that. FT for some bizarro BS over the top extended beyond all normal reasonableness can’t. And this is after umpteenth complaints with back and forth trips to shippers.

Enough with the lame BS excuses. This is causing a crap load of wasted time and unnecessary frustration for their customers over a $3 item. I find that to be a touch unappreciative of their biz to boot. I ain’t buying it amigos.

Hi,

I’ve been testing one of these in a light, and similar to when I was testing it on the bench (outside a light), I am having trouble getting the driver to change modes consistently. I have to keep clicking until I can get it into low mode or into a blinky mode (I use that to tell if the driver is installed ok, without shorting), but once I get it to either the low or blinky mode, if I try to cycle through the modes, it gets to high mode, then gets stuck there in high mode again.

I think that someone else mentioned this also.

Is there a “trick” to getting these drivers to change mode correctly?

Thanks,
Jim

I myself hope that Fasttech works it out with their supplier and brings back the 4A version of the East 092. I just received a HD2010 from Tmart that has the 4A DD version and its comparable to my TN-31 as far as throw gos, for $28.00 instead of $150.00. Id love to put one of these drivers in one of my XinTD with a copper SinkPAD and a xm-l2 u2 1a emitter and a Pana PD 18650, and see what kind of throw I could get outta that combination. Are there any other 17mm DD drivers out there, that are comparable to the East 092?

Not that we know of, but tivo is working on a DIY solution. :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried the east-92 with 4P 18650?

I been thinking the same thing the past week or so. I considered putting one of my east-92 drivers in a Small sun T6 flashlight. It uses 2P 18650 batteries. Or even better I could put an East-92 driver in one of my Courui XM-L2 3P 18650 lights.

The most I was able to get out of an east-92 driver single cell was 5.8A with an unprotected TF 26650. I wonder if 2P NCR18650B would be too much?

Ken

The COURUI has an electronic switch so the east-92 won’t work.

If anything, I figure four cells should hold the high current reading stable for a longer period before it starts dropping.

Yes that’s right.

I will have to play around with this later today. I will post results.

Ken

Another member here has done his Courui mod with Nanjg driver by using the stock Courui driver as a contact board,

Oh yeah! I remember reading that thread! Thanks for the reminder! I will do the same but with a east-92!

Ken

Oh and another thing, I should have my other 10 east-92 drivers in a few days. They are in Los Angeles. I will test the latest drivers available from Fasttech.

Ken