East-92 4amp 17mm driver

I spent a bit more time this afternoon testing both of the drivers I received.

I got rid of the cheapo jumper leads & soldered heavy gauge wire to the driver. The highest point of resistance would be where I used croc clamps to hold the DMM probes to the wires, & me holding the bare wire ends on the battery poles.

This time, I tested emitter current. Using a KK ICR 26650 at 4.17v, & the same emitter as before, I measured 5.6a on high, 2.1a medium, 0.4a low.

The second driver of the two performed almost identical.

I hope everyone who ordered some of these gets the same part - I ordered three more myself, so will see in a few weeks if I get the same again.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

I told you guys! These drivers are wicked!!! Hahahaha! :party:

Screw it! Im ordering 10 more. The Chinese have most of my money anyway. Haha!

Ken

Remember I said I have lost my confidence over these East-092 in Fasttech?

Well I have just ordered 3 pieces last night, lol. :smiley:

I like the big mosfet of this driver

I have use one clone of this driver in my trustfire tr j18 with 6 xm-l

I have use this one

the mosfet can give 71 amp max with good heat dissipation J)

I have buy 2 east-92 and have received it the last week

You are the same Moviles over at the other forum. I would recognize that mosfet anywhere.
I was over there when this driver you found was being discussed. I tried to obtain one.
A long time ago I did buy that MTE P7 sf-15 flashlight to get one of those drivers. To my disappointment it came with some other crappie driver which I changed to a amc7135 2800ma driver. Is there anywhere that sells just the driver?

Was the 9.27A current taken while using the new east-92 you just received or the clone driver? Can you please provide a link to where you bought them?

Hi,

Any more feedback re. drivers received from FT?

Mine are still stuck in shipping “limbo”, so it’d be really nice to find out what others are receiving (either good or bad)?

I just tracked my orders the first batch of ten are in my mail box as of today. I made that order on 9/16. That was quick! The second batch of 10 was ordered the next day and they just left from Puerto Rico. That batch few right over me! Haha! The 10 that are in my mail box now came striaght from Hong Kong to Houston! I will do the testing maybe tomorrow if I have time. I would really like to wait untill I have all of them on my bench.

Ken

Hi,

I appreciate that. You’re like the “bringer of good news” on this one thus far. I can only “imagine” a good DD driver at this point :)…

My first thoughts were ooh, mine could be here tomorrow! No such luck. Sheesh, shipping transit is as big a lottery as SK68s!

My driver order was made on 9/15, shipped on 9/16 (scant hours after order according to FT email and website with picture of envelope). Processed as Accepted by HKP on 9/18 and nuts there was a new update that it only just went through the HK sort facility still in HK a couple hours ago (but hopefully on a plane tonight).

After this point it will hit my box typically 3 to 5 days unless US customs holds it up at entry (and excluding times they go on vacation across, up, down, and around other parts of the country).

Well Honk Kong did just have a bigTyphoon hit over there. Im surprised mine got through that quickly. I still have 2 pakages that have not left yet. I do have tracking numbers for them though

I wonder if the Typhoon did effect a lot of our deliveries? I been watching CCTV world news. Its been pretty bad over there.

Ken

I just opened my first batch of 10 I oredered. Funny thing is I do believe their inventory is mixed up. 1 of those 10 was a east-92B driver. The FET has a different number on it than the others and the resistors are of different values. I have not tested any yet.

:~

Ken

:frowning:

Darn! The ones I ordered are still stuck at FT. Driver lottery :(!!

My last batch has a tracking number, but it does not show up on the tracking system. My second order has been in PR for 3 days now??

Im having some slow shipping too. Could it be because of the Typhoon they just had over there?

Ken

I don’t know, but I now have 3 orders that haven’t shipped yet, the oldest being over 10 days now (the one with the EAST-092 drivers, naturally) :(…

the driver i have use are one 4 or 5 years old from one mte sf-15 p7

i have received 2 new drivers one with the good mosfet t70n03 like this

and other with other mosfet DTU40n06

I think the stock inventory its mixed

the t70n03 appears to be better than the DTU40n06

the t70n03 have only around 0.006 ohm rds and 71 amp max (with heatsink for the mosfet)

datashet

and the DTU40n06 have around 0.016 ohm rds and 40 amp max (with heatsink for the mosfet)

datashet

the DTU40n06 appears to need more vgs (need more “control” voltage)

I believe the same their inventory must be mixed

Hi moviles2, since both of them are capable of delivering more than 40 amp (more than enough), does it mean that the one with DTU40n06 still manage to deliver over 4A in a flashlight setup?

The order that I have with these drivers, and only these drivers, finally shipped today. This a larger order, earlier, but I removed all of the items that were not “ready to ship” in FT order status, and then, a day later it shipped. I should note that it looks like I “lost” some money on the deal though, as when they refunded for the items I removed, they apparently deducted some amount, probably for the PP fees? Nevertheless, it at least got the order moving.

I have a tracking number now, but it’s not working yet. Hopefully this tiny shipment (with just a couple of the drivers now) won’t get lost in the “X-ray shuffle” :)! Being optimistic, I’m thinking that maybe it’ll get through HK Post faster than normally, since there’s almost nothing in it (probably more bubble wrap than anything else)… either that or disappear completely…

These drivers better be darn good, with all of the trouble (and time waiting for them)!