East-92 4amp 17mm driver

Well, thanks a lot, buddy :). Regardless, hopefully we’ll both/all get the “good” ones!

Okay I had to kill that quote list. Hahaha!

No problem keep in touch. I will post my tests here when I get them. Along with EXACT battery used and start voltage.

Ken

My two drivers just arrived - should be able to test them within the next day or so.

No “B” designation, but the proof will be in the pudding….

I’m looking forward to your test results!

Im looking forward to the results also!

Ken

Eagerly!

……Good!!!

Picture shown is with a KK ICR 26650 @ 4.17v. It was around 5.2a at startup, pressing firmly with the probe - was a little hard to maintain good contact for the picture…

LED used was an XML U2 1A on 20mm aluminum star.

I tested with the 18650’s in the background as well - the Samsung ICR18650-26F pulled about 4.7a at 4.18v, & the Sanyo UR18650F 4.3a at 4.07v.

The croc clamps & leads are only cheapies, so they no doubt sucked up a little juice.

Mode memory seemed to work fine.

Now if someone knows a hack to get rid of the strobe/sos, we’d have ourselves a nice driver. :beer:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for testing and posting! I hope that the ones I ordered are the same as yours… whenever they get shipped and get here :(…

Woohoo!
+1!

Ken

No worries - I’m glad I got a couple - might have to grab a few more now.

Are you measuring battery current or the current actually going to the LED?

Ken

Why? I see two hands in the picture. How did you take the picture, a third hand? Self-timer? (Self-timer is a great tip too by the way, esp. for beamshots.)

-Garry

Glad to hear that your batch of East-092 is performing well. However I still doubt if they are really consistent in performance considering Ramblings has poor reading.

@ Ken; battery current. Will test @ emmiter over the weekend if I get time, but I’d expect similar results being it direct drive.
@ Garry; lol, no third hand, 10 second timer on the camera, with the driver floating around on the side of my test heatsink……

So which is more irrational - assuming that if one is bad they're all bad, or assuming that if one is good they're all good?

Actually I'd be amazed if all of them performed exactly the same given the cost and where/how they're made. These are not lab-grade or mission critical aerospace components, they're $3 flashlight drivers.

I ordered three after you. Hopefully, your order will have depleted all the old stock. :bigsmile:

I ordered 2 also, and it said “2 days”, with ETA 9/18, but my order has still not shipped yet.

Thats wierd. I did 2 separate orders. One order on 9/15 shipped 9/17 with track number and the other on 9/15 shipped 9/16 with track number. Each order had 10 drivers along with some other misc things.

Ken

My order was on 9/15 also, but probably a few hours after yours, so you probably, indeed, depleted their stock. So now I’m wondering which driver I’ll be getting when they eventually get it and ship. Good one? Or, bad one?

Driver lottery!

This will be very interesting!

Ken