EDC compatible with AA and protected 14500 + rechargeabele via USB C

Hey guys!
I’m looking for an EDC flashlight. Have searched high and low but couldn’t find a light which checks all the boxes. Maybe it doesn’t even exist? I thought you guys maybe have an idea on what to get.

What I’d like to have:
-14500 compatibility (protected, because I’d like to use USB-C batteries like the Manker ones)
-AA compatibility (because I already have a bunch of IKEAs “LADDA”)
-a clip (to attach to a cap or a belt)
-Anduril 2 UI
-magnetic tail
-a hole for a lanyard
-maybe orange body?

I’d like to attach the light to my little outdoor-knife. Just as a backup for emergencies.

1 Thank

Welcome!

Sofirn SP10 Pro is your best bet, imo. Anduril 2. Dual fuel. No orange, but they do have red. You’ll need to buy the magnetic tail separately though. And no lanyard hole but maybe you could secure it to the clip, or find an aftermarket clip with a lanyard hole in it.

Great little light. It gets impressively dim, which is actually a useful feature many lights don’t have.

They’re having a sale right now:

2 Thanks

Skilhint m150 or h150 are close, just no anduril

Thanks for joining the party, nackengesicht!
Are you German?

There is a new Acebeam, forget the model.

Thanks mate! Already had this pretty thing on my watchlist!

Just dived into them, I kinda like the H150. I like the orange one! But it seems rather difficult to buy in EU, plus it seems to be pricier then the Sofirn.

Thanks! Yeah. What gave it away? :joy:

Pokelite AA?

I also live in EU (Poland) and I’ve just ordered orange H150 without problem from their website and I’m waiting for package.
Yeah, it is more expensive then Sofirn but in this segment there are no cheap alternatives… Also I missed the Anduril but the whole package looks great: dual fuel, mag charger, Nichia, great headband, light.

you will not find a light with everything you want.

This is why we own many lights… lol
each one has some of the things we want :wink:

If you make Anduril a top priority
you can have dual fuel with no built in charging:
Sofirn SP10 Pro
(I do not recommend it, the button is really hard to find in the dark)

If you prioritize Anduril and built in charging, and give up on dual fuel:
Sofirn SC21 Pro
(my personal favorite because I like small, with Anduril, built in charging, lanyard hole. I also like the illuminated button.)

if you make built in charging your priority, you can have dual fuel, but no anduril:
Skilhunt H150
(dual fuel, a great LED: 519a, built in charging, lanyard hole)

you may enjoy using this site Parametrek, to explore what lights are available with different feature combinations. (although it wont find everything, for example, it does not show the SC21 Pro in that link, with the two features I asked for, Anduril and Integrated Charging. It also wont find the SP10 Pro if I ask for AA with Anduril…)

1 Thank

Just to sum everything up: I bought the SC21 Pro. I really like it. It was on sale on Amazon so I went for it. It’s an exceptional pretty, little light. Love it!

Thanks. Didn’t know this site.

Would be interesting how long it will take till you receive the package. Have you used any couponcodes? The “blf10” for 10% discount doesn’t seem to be working.

So glad you found a light you enjoy :beer:

here is the Manual for Anduril 2

hopefully your light arrives w Anduril 2, not Anduril 1… I have found the colored ones arrive w Anduril 2, but I have had Black ones arrive w Anduril 1.

They can be reflashed, but that requires additional skills, hardware, and software…

My black one I bought in September came with A2, fwiw.

That is great to hear… congrats

I’ve received package last friday, so it was about 12 days. I used code with 6% discount ( blf06) and another 6% due to I’ve ordered also H300. So now I am hestiteting if keep both :smiley:

1 Thank

Two lights is better than one, especially if they use the same size battery.
Maybe return the H300 for refund, then maybe buy a second H150.
(I dont recommend doing exchange, I do return and rebuy instead)

I consider the second H150 light as a spare battery carrier
or in case the first H150 is lost or broken.

Also, the ability of the H150 to use AA Ultimate Lithium or Eneloop, makes it a good option to keep in a car. These AA batteries survive summer and winter temperatures in a car, LiIon do not.

I just checked the two lights I have had in my car for the past year.
Summer temperatures reached 100F here.

The flashlight with Eneloop still works, the battery was at 1.28V. I changed the Eneloop battery and put the light back in the car.

I also had an 18350 LiIon light in the car for the last year. The light does not turn on, and the UnProtected battery is at 0.89V so I have to take it to dispose safely (Auto Parts Stores accept batteries for recycling.)

I will not be storing a LiIon light in the car for a year anymore… They lose too much of their charge, particularly from Summer heat. I should also check my car lights batteries, more often than once a year. Especially if they use LiIon, I think they should be battery checked every 3 months, but imo Non Alkaline AA is a better choice for in car storage :wink:

1 Thank

Alternative view to above: keep both, I’m a fan of 18650 headlamps for when you need lots of light for a long time, and 14500/AA lights for general purpose.

I also find 18650 is too big to “EDC”, AA sized lights are a good compromise between size and output, for my uses anyway.

2 Thanks

I agree!
I just tried to use my Emisar D2 14500 light to change the fog lights on my car. The light stepped down to too dim to be useful, even though the battery is at 3.8V…

Im not sure if the problem is just the Emisar D2 itself. I have had nothing but problems with it getting dim since I got it… maybe the Skilhunt H150 would work better… but an 18650 battery has 4 times the capacity…

so, I disagree with my younger self… lol
Keep Both!

2 Thanks

I didn’t mention it in my first reply, but there are probably cheaper AA/14500 Headlamps for emergency car use. Spend the money on good lights you use often!

I got the Emisar D2 because I wanted Anduril UI for EDC with NoPWM… but it has been very unreliable, it steps down often, even when using it at just 25 to 65 lumens, when it is not hot, and the battery is not depleted. I would not buy it again.

the Skilhunt sounds like it has a great regulated driver, plus it can use Eneloop, good for a light stored in the car, It just does not have Anduril…

2 Thanks

Currently I’m thing the same way - 14500 is great for EDC and running but I do night walks, backpacking etc. so the battery capacity of 18650 and convenience that I can use longer and brighter do its job. Also H300 has nice boost driver.

This point of emergency car light with alkaline battery is great! I must consider it, ehhh… next light :smiley:

1 Thank

Noo! Disposable lithium (Energizer Lithium ?Ultimate) is technically best, LSD NiMh (Eneloop, ikea LADDA, etc) not too bad either. Alkalines have a chance of leaking and destroying your light.

There’s a weird disposable lithium chemistry called lithium thionyl chloride, cells are expensive and it can only provide low currents - don’t get this one.

Also, best to get a mechanical clicky switch - electronic switches often have current drain.

1 Thank