EDC Keychain?

While searching for a solution on my other thread regarding storage/organizing EDC items at home, I came across a few things that might be of interest to fellow BLFers. These items are more for organizing your items while carrying. The first is a cool keychain with several quick-disconnects coupled to split rings:

This keychain can be found here .

This also seems like a good design that is easy on the fingernails:

Seems simple to open with pressure to the side of the ring. Exotacs can be found here .

Some other items that might be of help, like this pocket suspension clip, to prevent embarassing bulges :wink: :

Suspension clip can be found here .

Mini carabiner type clips called “Tec Rings”:

Tec Rings can be found here .

I like this idea of using paracord wrapped anchor shackeles:

Who has experience with any of these items? What do you use to organize your carry items?

I had the one on the top, it worked fairly well but I ended up moving to a cable for my keychain.

Like the Exotacs, but looks like no shipping to the UK though.

Would anyone consider shipping a couple to me?

Woody

Added another item to op…

Amazon has them here :

These look decent and also save your fingernails:

Key-Osks can be found here .

ChicagoX, here is your cue.

I don’t have any experience with any of the items you posted, but here’s what I use:
I use a combination of a 6” A&P key ring, LuckyLine flex-o-loc, Boyou clips from CNQG and regular split rings.
The flexible rings make everything organize nicely in my pocket and the clips let me take stuff out when I need it (e.g. my Vic Vagabond, Spyderco Bug). The split rings are used to rotate some items 90 degrees so they sit better together, or to provide extra grip for some items (e.g. Black Ops V-cutter).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-Key-Press-Open-Ring/dp/B0079IEM64

or

Can you take a pic of your setup and post it? I am a visual kinda person :bigsmile:

Sure.
I’m still working on it so it’s quite messy, but it has served me well as it is in the past month or so.

Right side:
House, parents, mailbox keys, humongous Renault Megane car key.

Left side, from top to bottom:
Uncle Bill’s Sliver Gripper Tweezers
Spyderco Bug
Pico Widgy
Black Ops V-cutter
True Utility Telepen
Victorinox Vagabond
Fauxton
Delrin Storage Locker (with anti headache pills)

btw, I keep my iTP A3 R5 upgrade in the same pocket as my keychain, but not attached to it. It sees too much use during the day to have to pull the entire keychain out of the pocket so many times…

Great…thanks for posting pics. Hopefully others will as well. Would also be helpful to list the items you have for those of us starting this process.

Edited my post with the list of items.

You carry your Renault’s card there? i always carried mine separately because i hated the other keys rattling. Problem was i left it inside the car many, many times… :expressionless:

BTW, my system is a medium size stainless steel carabiner, and a couple rings where i can use these:
http://dx.com/p/nite-ize-stainless-steel-plastic-keychain-multi-color-52819

Anybody know where so called Lobster claw clips WITH chain (legth about 40mm) are available?
eBay has tons without chain.

These could be bought from Shiningbeam but they are not available anymore.
They are great for objects sized about BLF mini…

Define “chain”!!! :bigsmile: I’m not joking…… i guess that if you can’t get it from a DIY store it must be something specific and i’m curious about it…

It seems like they are ...

It’s actually quite comfortable, barely noticeable, and it keeps the other items on the keychain from stabbing me…

:open_mouth:

I swear they were not there some time ago, I especially checked the miscellaneous -section :expressionless:

Thanks for linking, though 8)

I LOVE the A&P cable rings. I picked up a green vinyl coated one at a gun show on Saturday.