Edit : Not recommended now.. 20% disc Trustfire Flames are good, measured 2266mAh & new batch 2498mAh

I’ve had 4pcs of these before and tested, batteries themselves are good but there’s something wrong in the randomness of this deal.
i haven’t tested these yet, will test soon tonight and post specs afterwards.
As vortex said, maybe I should open PP dispute and mail to DD to get ir right… I have quite little use for these unprotected ones.

Mine, I've got in the last shippment are with hologramic letters (even the smallest letters) and the differences to my old protected ones (purchased from DD last year) are same as JAS pointed out in a post #22. So I don't think they are fake.

The randomness is obviously showing they have problem in the package department - someone or more of them can't distinct between the two. As I already said, even sticker is correct with the correct SKU number - see my picture in a post #15. So the person who put the stickers on the product failed to take the right product. It looks to me as simple as that

They are unprotected alright. But not fakes, i got 4.11V -> about 2.7V (the iMAX B6 under reads if compared to my Uni T UT-58E), 2267mAh will post photo later.

Summer just said he/she have checked with product centre and will make sure they are protected before sending out. I, like ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS, have another 3 pairs coming.

Thanks for confirming 2100. May be Summer can post here ensuring that all is set right.

I just got a pair from dx and they are different to the pics above and are protected. So why are these different? Might explain the cheaper price. Just ordered some from DD and they had better be what I ordered.

I just cancelled my order for 2 pairs. Lets see if they follow through and cancel the order.

I bought 3 pairs of Protected TF 18650, order n. 791R8980-DD and 2 pairs of Protected TF 14500 order n. 373889X4-DD. I hope they are protected, otherwise I´ll open a dispute at Paypal.

f'in bs..2100 says they're good..I order a set..now they change it all up and i'm stuck with crap..I tell ya i'm not happy... (not blaming you 2100) damn DD go all the way legit or leave us alone..

Maybe it would be a good idea for the OP to modify the title of this thread and maybe add a warning to the first post.

I would also suggest that anyone who received unprotected cells to immediately open a support ticket at DD and a PayPal dispute. Don't settle for anything less than a full refund without having to send them back. This is their mistake and we should not have to pay for it.

id say atleast give them fair chance to settle without a pp dispute. but if they fail, then pp dispute away. what im going to do anyway if they're not protected

Like you'd run the NCR18650/18650A, Sanyo 2600s. :D

2267mAh for the unprotected, 1A 4.11V to about 2.7V.

asd

He did not mean "What am I going to do with unprotected cells?". He was stating what he will do if he gets unprotected cells. :)

At least that's what I got from that statement.

Indeed.

Ok. :)

I tried to settle it with Online help. They were thinking, that it´s not a big deal and you could just keep them "to keep it simple"...

So, I opened a dispute.

Did they mean they would issue a refund and you could keep them or were they saying to just keep them without a refund?

They were saying me just to keep them without refund since "there´s almost no difference" or something like that they said...

Ohh, that is just wrong - glad you opened the dispute. Its been my experience with their live chat that they will just say anything to get rid of you. Their support case system is slightly better though.

I should also add that after many back and forth communications and a PayPal dispute, I have finally been offered a full refund and to keep them(not sure what I will do with them since I don't feel entirely comfortable using them). They first tried to offer me a gift card but I politely refused it. They then offered a full refund and apologized for the whole situation(They are fully aware of it even if they act like they are not). They also requested that I first close the PayPal dispute before they would give the refund - which I declined to do because once that dispute is closed, you lose all leverage. It will close by itself anyway once the refund is issued or after a period of time. I'm certainly not going to escalate it to a claim if they give me a refund. By keeping it open, it gives me recourse should they fail to issue the refund for any reason.

My battery are on the way. The problem is are not for me.. I hope i will be lucky.

I'm sorry but i'm pretty sure they use same pics for all, and sometimes they also use the wrong one (i ordered a 502 body, they show me a pic with a small AA light and then received the right item...)

@2100: How can you discharge till 2,6 V with Imax? I can only go down to 3V

I used NiMH. Of course pls do not go discharge it to 2V. :)

I received 1 pair of good protected cells and a few days later 1 pair of good unprotected cells. Everything is the same, SKU and all.