(Email is coming with tracking )Discussion Thread.-- 1st BLF Titanium flashlight with tritium.

I have ordered an S2+,it should arrive in 1-2 days. Then I will forward it to CNC factory.

Personally I'm very interested in this one.

@AlexGT,do you have more pictures The blue holes, seem to be diamond?

This kind of knurling with S2+ inner size, both shorter tube(18350/16340) and longer tube(18650).

Hi Rey, is there a reason to choose the S2+ over the S2 as a template? IMO the old S2 is nicer because it uses the deeper reflector, giving a better hotspot. I think it is a pity that they changed to the shallow reflector in the S2+.

I also vastly prefer the Convoy S2. 8)

I would be happy with a copper one if it would significantly cheaper. The material cost differencebetween Ti and Cu would be well under $10, but if the retail difference is really high, copper is fun too.

:stuck_out_tongue: , :bigsmile: half the fun of threads like this is being able to have design input. With so many possibilities and preferences it’s pretty obvious that reaching a consensus is unlikely but at least we can participate even if our particular choice isn’t dominant.

So, in the other thread, pilotdog68 proposed a tripod tail end like this one:

It would served as a middle way between those who are in favour of a semi-open tail, for better thumb access, and those who prefer a fully closed tail, for better stability whilst tailstanding. The tripod cut would provide both a good thumb access and a satisfying stability.

Objections were put forward as to its potential high cost, due to the machining involved in cutting titanium.

I think it would be worthwile to at least get a quote for this tripod cut, so we have a precise idea of the price premium it would incur. Also, if aluminium or copper versions of the host were to be made, price would no longer be a barrier for this cut.

I am SO in for a titanium 18350 sized S2+ host! Awesome stuff, Rey!! I think it would be totally fitting to have the new metal switch on it as well. I love the look of it and on a titanium light it would be killer.

+1 I like the look of this cut, and I’m all for making it so that it satisfies both needs/wants properly, instead of having to compromise.

If we get this tailcap cut, and awesome knurling, and an unusual battery size (like 18500), made in titanium, plus a nice copper pill/heatsink that fits between the head and battery tube, this could have the potential to be the most beautiful and unique flashlight host yet. If all this happens, I’ll be in for at least four.

Edit: Just looked at the other thread. Rey said:

I don’t see how that should make a “big” price difference, since we are only talking about one more grind/polish compared to two cut-outs. Maybe a little price difference, if we’re really just talking about the actual machining itself, not the tooling set-up or otherwise. Material “waste” should have little or nothing to do with price in this case. With no cutouts, one, two, or three cutouts, the overall length of the tailcap should be the same - long enough to get past the button. Unless they are using a laser to cut out two tailcaps, end-to-end, such that the two cutouts in one nest inside the other, and nothing is wasted. Yeah, sure! :expressionless:

Are there any updates? Is this light moving forward at all? I’m not trying to rush anyone. I’m just curious. :bigsmile:

I guess project status freezer until year of the dragon…

Quick question. Will the pill or any other parts be upgraded from the stock convoy s2? I was thinking of doing a triple convoy s2 18350 and may just transfer the pill.

Sounds good, Rey.

Supplying the pill with the host may alleviate any concerns with fitment problems.

A custom engraving sounds cool, & would definitely make every light unique.

Making the “Kit A”, “Kit B”, etc., may make it accessible to more people.

Of course, the more options, the more complex the logistics.

Hi everyone.

I'm back to work today.

Cool! Looking forward to updates!

+1

updated in the 1st post.

Are you sure convoy doesn’t sell the S2+ reflectors? I was sure they did….

The lens is easy, it’s a common 20mm size.

The pill will be the hard part. Can your fabricator make that too?

Maybe they just don't wholesale.

What about using a different host as a model that we can get the guts for? Or designing one that a p60 pill can thread into. Any appropriate sized pill would do to design a host around and there are plenty of 20mm reflectors/optics available.

That's what I'm thinking right now. Why do we choose S2+, it's because we can get the guts easily.

But it turned out to be a different way.

P60 seems to be a good idea,and the flashlight shape will be?