(Email is coming with tracking )Discussion Thread.-- 1st BLF Titanium flashlight with tritium.

Quick question. Will the pill or any other parts be upgraded from the stock convoy s2? I was thinking of doing a triple convoy s2 18350 and may just transfer the pill.

Sounds good, Rey.

Supplying the pill with the host may alleviate any concerns with fitment problems.

A custom engraving sounds cool, & would definitely make every light unique.

Making the “Kit A”, “Kit B”, etc., may make it accessible to more people.

Of course, the more options, the more complex the logistics.

Hi everyone.

I'm back to work today.

Cool! Looking forward to updates!

+1

updated in the 1st post.

Are you sure convoy doesn’t sell the S2+ reflectors? I was sure they did….

The lens is easy, it’s a common 20mm size.

The pill will be the hard part. Can your fabricator make that too?

Maybe they just don't wholesale.

What about using a different host as a model that we can get the guts for? Or designing one that a p60 pill can thread into. Any appropriate sized pill would do to design a host around and there are plenty of 20mm reflectors/optics available.

That's what I'm thinking right now. Why do we choose S2+, it's because we can get the guts easily.

But it turned out to be a different way.

P60 seems to be a good idea,and the flashlight shape will be?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.14.lE1Df4&id=12533585001&ns=1&abbucket=8&_u=61rdnjald5d3#detail

26.5mm kit, looks good.

P60?
Called it at post 200.
:stuck_out_tongue:

what host do you recommend?

P60 reminds me of 501 flashlights, and some Solarforce.

http://ogazent.com/cscart/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1

…hopefully at a lower price too. Lol

I prefer the smaller size of the convoy series vs p60. Would rather buy the cheapest convoy for guts.

I like smaller too. Just spent the last hour looking for/at web images for brass pills. The best ones were always S2 or custom. Only other similar was trustfire TR-801 with the brass bit that separates the head and tube. At $10 it would be cheaper to buy an S2 for everything but the aluminum than have a custom pill milled even in brass.

Fastech shows one for 501 but not in stock. I assume that since the 501b’s are p60’s the pill shown won’t ever be stocked since it doesn’t match current p60 style.

hummm it looks like we are still at step #1 (which is fine)

I dont see the issue? (maybe there is no issue?)

Convoy S2+ 18350 Flashlight Host
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=411

I am sure Richard (RMM) is more then willing to order and stock the selected host.

Looking for parts (ala cart) I think is a waste of time, buy the whole light or a “whole host” and customize from there if desired.

Has Richard confirmed that we have a host supply issue? If we dont, then all hosts are still on the table (or did I miss somting)?

I'm thinking to make the trit slot here. on the tail button.

Questions:

1.Do most of you have S2+? (so the guts can be removed and work on BLF Ti)

2.Do you have spare accessories to do the Ti DIY? or do you buy?