Emisar D3AA is available now

Ha Ha good point bud! OK Noctigon 1.12rx :smiley:

Hi, the optic for the SBT90.2 is already the most throwy version.

Honestly, china with tasmania and canada in a sub is WOW .

Maybe some customers have noticed that the XP-L HI 6500K and 5000K options have been removed
from our site for quite some time, it is not because this LED is out of stock, but because the so called “XP-L HI gen.2” has
some blueish tint in the beam, and I believe it’s not as good as the “XP-L HI gen.1” verson, that is why
we decided not to offer the XP-L HI 6500K/5000K LEDs gen.2 anymore. The XP-L HI 4000K and 2850K are still the good
gen.1 version.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think some people may still like the new XP-L2 just for good throw and output. A blue tint may be better than the green tint (especially on anything at 5/7 and under) with the SST-20.

I have to disagree with you, Hank.

4000k (5D) is not as good as it used to be. It’s been like this for a long time and many users have mentioned it. These new 5D look green in direct comparison to the old, rosy 4000k.

i have to PARTLY agree, but I agree VERY much!

the "new" xpl-hi 4000k 5D2, or to say the the xpl-hi 5D Hank has been stocking for the last year (almost exactly now) is much, much more YELLOW than the older 5D he had Last March (2021) and before. It's not green imo, but a very Blah Yellow.

there was a month (January 2022 I think) where Hank had beautiful 5A4 xpl-hi 4000k, I bought 80 of them. Even they were not as rosy as the pre-March 2021 5D xpl-hi 4000k.

Hank, can you please Try to source xpl-hi 4000k in bin 5D1 or 5D4? This is the bin that I assume it used to be when everyone references the rosy tinted xpl-hi 4000k 5D bin they used to get from you.

Hi Hank, will the new KR1/KR4 boost driver have a spring or a brass button?

Hi Hank, do you have any plans to make a 26650 tube with D4SV2 style knurling for the DM11 and DM1.12? The 26800 tube option is great, but it’s really hard to source 26800 batteries for a lot of people, and a lot easier to find good 26650 batteries.

That seems easy enough to solve with a dense disc of wadded up aluminum foil in the tail end of the 26800 tube.

In case this is useful to anyone, I have been checking periodically if any of the major electronic suppliers have the XHP35.2 HI in stock, since the original is now out of production.

I recently found it available from Mouser (minimum order quantity 1) and Arrow (minimum order quantity 1000), in a limited selection of color temperatures and CRI.

Mouser Electronics search link

Arrow Electronics search link;

Check the datasheet to confirm CCT and CRI, etc.

It looks like Mouser has 4500K 80 CRI, while Arrow has 3000K and 4000K in 90CRI, and they both have several of the cooler color temperatures in 70 CRI.

Richard has some 5000K in stock…not sure if he’ll sell them bare, but probably so if they aren’t all already mounted: Cree XHP35.2 HI D4 5000K on DTP Copper MCPCB

Kaidomain has 3000 and 6500 in 80cri and 5700 in 70cri.

All these Mouser and such you have no idea that exact tint bin you get and the chances to get a bad one are real, alas usually if one buys the LED themselves is way more forgiving with the tint than if came with the same tint in a flashlight.
For example 3B and d 3C area really bad, especially with the typical rainbow tint of CREE, even if we all used to love 3C back in the day when only stuff like 1B and 1A was available.
I guess MTN not specifying the tint is not due to forgetting about such detail.

I’ve not done this with any of the vendors mentioned but when I ordered from Digikey a couple times I emailed to ask…once they just told me with text and the other time they actually sent label photos from the reels. Never hurts to ask before ordering.

Same thing here, I asked Arrow and digikey the color bins they had and they did reply with the bins.

Indeed.

That’s how I managed to actually know which color bins I got when I did my LED GBs, so yeah.

OK.
They reply with the codes even if you order a couple of LEDs, or there is a chance to not get a reply that way?

Re: DM11, how well would an SBT90.2 do in such a shallow reflector?