[Ended]Groupbuy : Utorch UT02 (single cell XHP-35 HI / 26650 thrower)

Ok, I did George's L6 clear switch mod, and it did make a hugh difference - it feels about perfect now. It does stick out a bit, so not good for accidental activation. Now it fells great - rock solid, and easy to engage. Here's some details.

Here's the parts replaced:

Maybe a little sloppy, but it looks worse in the pic. 4 cuts, square piece in the middle:

This is the blade I used - think it's a surgical throw away knife, not sure, it was given to me:

The dragon's breath mode is a bright pink now, not red at all, definitely pink and pretty bright.

Nice cutting Tom, that dragon breath must be bright now!

Received my Manker U21 production sample late today,and just a quick report…
Since its CW I expected 10-15% higher output,and I got 12% lumen gain from ceiling bounce test. My new Lux meter is on the way so I will have exact numbers for a full review. Amp readings at tail is 3.01A so not even close to 5-6A.
This is something I was trying to prove, and means that Manker have changed original engineering driver and now have same output like Utorch in same tint option!

Thanks
Nikola

I was expecting this. Since the UT02 has Manker stamped on the driver, and appears to be same parts or so, figured they some how downgraded output since the first batch, and did not update the specs, assuming it was intentional - but may not be of course. They might not even be aware of it.

This is a Manker U21 in different branding. $37.99 is a very good price if it compares and it certainly seems to!

I got both lights today from May at GearBest. Having never seen either one before, it was a pleasant surprise…

Review here.

While it IS the same light, essentially, it’s not the same light.

Driver, switch pcb, reflector, AR glass lens, bezel and tail cap seem to be the same. The head has different cuts and the battery tube is quite different, as are the switch covers on the side. UI is the same, as far as I can tell early on, but the UT02 outperforms the U21. I got 2.30A on the Utorch and 2.24A on the Manker.

UT02 for 1093.65 lumens and 97.75Kcd for 625.3M
U21 for 1069.5 lumens and 95.75Kcd for 618.87M

The Utorch is visibly brighter, side by side. This is, of course, the two sample lights I just received about an hour and a half ago. Variation in samples is most surely going to occur.

MNKE 26650’s, same batch, virtually new, fresh off the same charger.

That was fast Dale ! Thanks for sharing.
So the numbers match to mine conclusion above, CW either UT or Manker gives ~1100 lumens and NW is at 1000 lumens…

Thank you very much Dale :slight_smile:

I think it’s quite obvious they perform equally (well there is 3% difference :stuck_out_tongue: ) .

So why this light instead of (for example) an EA41W (a great multipurpose for mugglers, running standard cells)?

BECAUSE this light uses a 26650 and a 12V emitter and it’s pretty flippin awesome!

The muggles can get a group buy going on a simpler light in another thread. :slight_smile: lol

I get it: because is a good reason for us (flashaholics)
But for a muggler?
(Similar price, it doesn’t deliver more or better light and the size is about the same plus you have to invest in new cells and a charger.)
UTorch can’t live on sales to flashaholics only, or?

Only need invest in a cell. Charging built in!! :+1:

That’s true, but…

Can I get the GB code for the NW version?

Use an adapter tube and put an 18650 in the light. You don’t HAVE to use a 26650… The Manker even comes with the plastic adapter tube.

I’m with you, but for a muggler?

Sorry for contaminating this thread, I’m just curious.

Well, if it’s that difficult to decide on for a muggle, get em a Sipik SK68 and an Alkaline cell for about $4, and with the money you save get yourself an UT02. :smiley:

It’s fine, we were all muggles once upon a time. :wink:

You might find that you can incite excitement, create flashaholics out of the muggles in your life, then (heaven forbid!) if you ever get caught out without your favorite flashlight your newly converted friends can step up and provide lighting. :wink:

I’m just curious where the market for this light is, since it doesn’t really deliver anything new/extra (unless you’re a flashaholic).