ENEDED

Can you imagine the labour involved in checking hundreds, possibly thousands of orders that go out every day? They would rather “wing it” and hope when something does go wrong that you cbf making a video of it so they don’t have to fix the problem or offer you the equivalent of $2 in compensation.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you, but I can also see it from a business point of view as well, and there’s the difference between buying from someone like Banggood and someone else like Illumination Supply (Illumn)

Nice you got it, good luck resolving
For me even a did seems better then this not receiving anything :frowning:

In other news, I’m really looking forward to buying one of these lights once the teething problems have been sorted out

Thanks for the inquiry to these.
What will be included, complete tailcap?
At the very least a tail housing and retaining ring would make me happy.

I just received the new improved head, it looks good, works fine, all in all i am satisfied.

I have some urge to coat that cooper with car paint lacquer to stay shiny, i like it a lot.

That sounds like what I was sent here.
AZ

Astrolux S41S Replacement Head Unit - $26.69 ($32.95) 20% OFF<< S41S owners, PM if you are interested.

Nichia 219B / CREE XP-G3 / CREE XP-G2

Not much of a discount, but better than nothing.
Thanks!

I have refused the video proof too and they will send replacements to me.

I checked my flashlights again and disassembled them.

Colored XP-G3:

- The XP-G3 Substrat seems to be higher than the Nichia, thats why there are more damaged XP-G3 I think.

- LED+ was connected to the inner ring.

- MCPCB was cut out accurately

- Enough thermally conductive paste

• Bad drilled thread for the screws that causes that the mcpcb sits not plane on the head.

Silver Nichia:

- LED+ ws connected to the outer ring as marked on the mcpcb.

- MCPCB was cut out a bit twisted. That means the unprotected/blank LED+ contact around the screws comes very near to the cut-outs. That causes again possible shortcuts.

- The twisted cut outs damages the LED-Dome because the dom don’t fit the LED-holes in the optic.

• MCPCB not yet removed. So I did not checked the therminal conductive paste and the threads.

That means there is a spread for standard factory models. Thats unfortunately no good quality from the new manufacturer.

Thank you for trying, freeme. I appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

20% isn’t really enough for me; I feel that 50% would be more like it. Banggood should be doing more for those of us who have currently-working lights that might prove problematic in future. I think what I’ll do instead is use my now-mothballed S41 lights as spare part donors if either of my S41S units fail. Spare S41 bodies can then become mod hosts.

Banggood are going to have to come up with something really impressive to make me risk buying another of their lights. Their design and quality control are just too flaky.

I’m seeing an Astrolux S41 head only being sold in BG, and an 18650 tube that, as per product name, would fit the S41 and S1… I don’t understand it… The head diameter of the S41 and the S1 are the same? Meaning, I can just buy the S41 head and use it on my S1 18650 body?

It is in
lovely on the outside
Tested it with a low drain cell in the hopes it would work fine and I could just skip all the hassle and have cool cool running light.
yellow center of lighted area and there is a purple/blue ring visible sigh, hasle time

Where is that form Freeme posted for S41S owners, to keep track of who got issues?
Can’t find it :frowning:

Please contact BG BLF rep or BG CS direct from now on.

Wow and here I got it .33 cent cheaper using my BG points! :person_facepalming:

Mine came broken…. :frowning:

I have asked Bangood for a replacement, but I doubt I will see it before the mid year 2017 given how this was shipped 2016-10-06 and I did the pre-order as one of the first when it was available as such.

I have the Nichia 219B version with the 18650 tube & the 18350 tube.

Love the light otherwise, It does get incredibly hot when in use.

My xpg3 version looked the same as yours. I sent a photo and they told me I took the photo from the forum lol. So I sent them a better photo with my user name and order number in it, as well as a video. We will see how that turns out.

Banggood basically accused you of fraud? The mind boggles!

Correct. They accused me of just taking a photo from the site here and sending it to them and claiming it as my own. I was pretty irritated but I just want my free replacement head and be done with it.

Such comment is totally uncalled for, and I would be offended if I received this kind of reply. I will reflect this matter to their manager on Monday.