ENEDED

Smoother and nicer beam on the first heads with the original assembly.

Now there’s a bit more throw and artifacts due to the distance between the dome and optics when compared on a white wall. But that’s not an issue on normal use.

It’s probably because your picture file size is too large.
Try reducing the dimensions of the picture to about 640 x 480. That should reduce the file size to about 50 or 100 kB

no just email directly.
not a claim/incident in your account, email with “faulty Astrolux S41S” as title and mention ordernr in body, then pics should be easy to attach (mine were 5MB total I think)

As soon as I find out that they have fixed the LED issue 100%, I’m ready to buy one of these asap!

The new ones will be fine now.

The size doesn’t matter, but it’s damn picky with which browser you use.
I had no luck with any browser (including Chrome) from iOS, but Firefox from Windows 7 worked. Go figure…

+1

I think it’s time to buy it

I hope so

I’m hanging to buy one too, might wait for a few more good reports first

Hey Freeme

can you ask Banggood to sell the tail piece so we can buy them for replacemnet? :slight_smile:

So, the current price drop made me buy a S41S XP-G3 last night.
Hope all problems are sorted, we’ll see, first we wait….

PLEASE keep us posted

I will.

I Agree. I compared the beams of my old and repaired S41S head with the replacement improved one from Banggood.

The repair was that I sanded a small slice off the underside of the optic so that the optic sits on the same height as before relative to the (newly reflowed) leds but now without damaging them. The beam profile looks like the beam how I received the S41S first.

The replacement head, as modified by Banggood, has the optic elevated a bit to prevent cutting the leds.

First the repaired head, next the replacement head, both heads have N. 219B V1 leds:

Clear to me is that the beam from the repaired head is how the optic is meant to project, and that the beam from the replacement head shows the led a bit out of focus (but it is still not a bad beam profile IMO).

So as already feared, the ideal focal plane of this optic is with the underside squeezed into the led (or else, filed down a bit works as well)

I am writing some emails with the banggood Support.
Today I got a Answer that they will “sell them at our website around next week”.

Here some former informations:

I think it will be the complete tailcap, but I can not promise it. I didn’t asked this detail.

To complete the head that I repaired, I would need the tailcap plus battery tube. I hoped that tail-section+18350 battery tube was offered but it seems not.

Ordered with 18650 Extension Tube (Expected restock on 9th December 2016)
I hope I have no problems

i hope they sell it cheaper as you can use Convoy S4 $10 host which fit perfectly

Great find Nicolicous! I might buy S4 and build a triple with the old head.

So I placed my order on November 18. Got it today and all seems good. :slight_smile: First thing I tried when I opened my package was unscrew the bezel. It came off. Then I popped in a protected 18350 and everything is great.

I asked to offer the short tube too.

Some Mails ago, they send me a picture of the S41S with a red circle over the tailcap, to show what they will offer in the shop.