ENEDED

I was able to check Lexels review and the battery carrier is 2S2p. So it’s 6 volts (8.4v). With his 30Q cells he measured 15.7 amps on Turbo. This equates to 7.85 amps per battery.
I also found HKJ’s test on the 26f. It will do more than 5.2 amps. He tested it at 7 amps, but the voltage sags pretty low.

So the 26f is not the best choice for such an extreme performance light. IDK what would happen if you tried to go turbo. It might be a reduced output turbo or it might not go into turbo at all. I don’t have enough experience to say what would actually happen. Maybe someone who knows more can speak up.

Thank you again for answering and confirming my suspicions. I have also seen these comparisons of 18650 rechargeable batteries from danish lygte-info.dk. I wonder how the flashlight will behave after step down how many lumens will it be?

26F capacity is too low. Preferably high drain calls like GA, MJ1, HG2 or 30Q.

That is HKJ, btw.

Yes. OKAY
Buy Sanyo 18650 GA. I got a good price in a shop in my country about 6.3 US dollar.

Those look like a good choice. Tom E did some tests using the Q8 prototype here. If they work well here, they should work well in the mf01.

I did today a measurement of the beam intensity of the Nichia pre production sample

measured @5m 2080 Lux cold start

so I get 52000 Lux @1m for the Nichia pre production light

this is just the Luxmeter set to show save max.
starting the light, 3 clicks to highest mode
then move the light a bit to get its peak output

Klingt gut ! ( sounds good !!)

Thanks for the test lexel ! :+1:

Greets
Carsten

Still very much near the beginning of exploring this world of flashlights and li ion batteries.

Though I wouldnt mind learning a thing or 2 about theory and function along the way…my biggest motivation is safety and proper care.

I saw in this thread that battery configuration is 2S2P. How will the cells discharge during use? Is discharge equal among all 4 or will I need to pay extra attention and charge and reuse with any “extra” care?

I ordered the light w/Nichia and 4 30Q button tops on 8/14.
The batteries arrived today,the light is now back ordered.

The light will draw it’s load from the cells equally in theory. When dealing with multi cell lights it’s important that you start with 4 cells of the exact same type. Same brand, model, size, age, number of cycles on them, ect… Then you “marry” them together meaning you always use them as a 4 piece set. Then you should have equal discharge among the cells for a long time. You still want to check each cells voltage before you charge them to make sure they are the same. If so, then they are still good.

I don’t know exactly how dangerous it is tossing in 4 misc cells. Maybe someone can comment on that.

In series worst case is a battery with lower resistance drops below what is safe, 2.5volts or lower, and damage occurs when the battery behind it of a higher voltage begins to charge it up.

The risk is still present when using parallel, but there is more leeway to my understanding.

Today’s shipping time? Fingers crossed

hope so :+1:

I don’ t think so.I just read in BG site, Coming soon. :person_facepalming:

"in stock" now for the XP-G3, Sep 9th for the 219C.

You are wright,I saw it in BG as well. :slight_smile:

I hope they get some Nichias and just show that 9th because they are already out of stock…
It’s really painful to wait :C

LOL the pain is almost unbearable for me :smiley:

Ok, my XP-G3 shipped!!