ENEDED

To put it plainly both LEDs function differently. XP-G3 is much more efficient and has a higher maximum output. 219C have a lower forward voltage with a higher CRI which sacrifices max output. This means the banks of LEDs from both versions are running at different voltages and a direct swap may have unintended side effects. This is why I was initially confused because usually you go with 1 LED type then offer tint options of the same LED. This way you can use the same exact driver for every light = less calibrating = less that can go wrong. People are rightfully disappointed that the 219C version is not outputting the claimed 12,000 lumens because Astrolux was negligent to list accurate max brightness. I got the light expecting the 219C version wouldn’t be as bright. The thing is… The 219C version COULD output every bit of 12,000 lumens, but maybe they were not comfortable making the light draw into 20amps or more? OR, perhaps it was a driver limitation for the max current per bank.

Interested xpg3 please

12000 to 7600 is far too large of a jump to be sample-to-sample variation.

The claimed lumen output for the 219C is actually lower (11526 vs 12000). While the 219C is less efficient, my impression is that they would be driven harder; especially since Astrolux claims to have tested their 219C version as having an output of 11526 lumens on Turbo.

Hello,

i would be very interested in the XPG3

Thank you very much

For 219C with 11526 lumens is close to manufacture rating whereas 7600 lumens is considered disaster jump and I would not be happy about this.

Will wait until when the light arrive

I tried mine out in an army surplus Smoke Grenade pouch (search in the Q8 thread) and found that it does fit…kind of. The battery tube fits well in the sleeve but the larger head keeps it from settling all the way down the pouch. there’s wasted space below the light. The velcro top does hold it in place securely though so it does work, just note that it’s not made for this light.

I also just received THIS POUCH from Banggood and it’s too big. The MF-01 fits entirely in the pouch with a good deal of room to spare. It doesn’t really have room to roll around, but it’s not snug or form fitting in any way. The drawstring top seems to secure it though and it will work, especially if you have an extra quad of 18650 cells that you want to carry along.

I’m hopeful that POUCH #3 will work just right. I looked at the size and the head of the MF-01 will fit in there. I just don’t know how snug or secure. I’ve got one on order and will report back.

Finally back in stock. I would be very interested in the code. XP3G

Just got the XPG3 version which is nice, now want to order a Nichia 219C.

Add to list for 219C please.

While yes they claimed 11526 for the 219C version(what seems like an arbitrary number), that is not far from 12,000 and could have used that number. I’d have no issue with the 219C being less bright if they had accurate lumen ratings. In the end I still received a quality light at a bargain price, and I would much rather take a hit on lumens vs having crippling design flaws. It’s still my brightest light and most of it’s use will be in the lower modes.

It seems both lights have about the same sized hotspot (look at the shape on the driveway), but the reflector based MT03 has much brighter spill lighting.

I suspect that the spill of the MT03 is much brighter right in front of you, while dimming with increasing distance. Unlike the spill of the MF01 which gradually gets brighter the further it’s away from you. At least that’s what I think.

I’m very knew to the hobby (binge bought a bunch of lights) and have a question……After playing around with the MF01, I decided to go charge the cells, and when I put them in my Nitecore D4 charger, I noticed that 1 cell was at 3.37V, 2 cells were at 3.97V, and one cell was at 4.18V. Does that mean that the 4.18V cell did not have proper contact??

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using identical cells? If you have poor contact somewhere, then you should have two sets of cells with two different voltages. What you have seems odd…

No, the nature of light does not work like that. It never gets brighter the further away it gets. It always gets dimmer.

The spill lighting on most TIR lenses I’ve seen is only 5%(?) of the output roughtly and almost 180° wide. It’s there, but very weak.

On reflector based lights it’s more like 15–20 (brighter) and maybe 90° wide. You can see much better to your sides and by your feet.

What cells are you using?

Can you measure volts? Put 2 cells in the carrier that are in series and see if you get 8 or so volts. Take those out and try the other 2 cells. Then do the same test on the other 2 slots in the battery carrier.

It’s possible one of your white safety rings is too high causing bad contact.

Tell us or show us what cells your using first.

BTW, when you get a flashlight that uses multiple cells you need to buy all identical cells. Same brand, model, size, age, number of charges, etc… You “marry” them up and only use them as a group. This way they should always charge and discharge equally for a long time. Even with all these precautions you still want to check each cells voltage before every recharge just to make sure they are all the same.

Hey, yea sorry forgot to include the cells: 30Q BT brand new ordered from liionwholesale

I mean from where you stand. With my TN30 mini, the spill right in front of me is brightest, and reduces in intensity the further away from where I am standing. Of course, then at a certain point it increases again to form the hotspot. With my M43/MK34/D4, the spill right in front of me is dimmest, and increases in intensity the further it’s away from me: it’s very pleasing for the eyes.

Coupon for xp-g3 please

Thanks

Do those have the little buttons or are they more like raised flat tops?

Either way, they might be too short. You can try removing the white rings and see if you get good connections then.

Or if you want to keep the rings for short circuit protection you can pop them off and file or cut the ridges a bit lower. That way your button tops will make good contact, but the flat rear part of the battery will still be too far away to make contact.

My theory is the white rings are a tiny bit too tall.