ENEDED

I just bought the MF01 from Banggood. How can you tell whether it’s V1 or V2? Sorry, I’m new to this.

Any unit BG currently has in stock should be V2. From what’s been discussed, BG may sell any remaining V1 heads only, at a later date.

Different driver design and different number of wires to the mcpcb. V1 has 6 wires and V2 has 2 wires.

You don’t want to run a flashlight driver from an auto system. You need a power supply that could take the auto system voltage (8v to 16v) and feed you a steady voltage to the flashlight driver. Beyond that, I can’t help you much.

The AMCs on Lexels Driver will not survive with 10-14V. And thats too much for the arrangement of the LEDs, because its a linear-driver.
You have to find a big buck-driver to use before the main driver (e.g. lexels driver). But the problem is to find a buck driver which works with so much current. Here is one with only 2.6A: http://www.ebay.de/itm/DC-5V-30V-12v-to-1-25V-26V-Buck-Converter-Konstantstrom-LED-Driver-Power-Supply/191168674380.

Perhaps you have to change the arrangement of the leds to 3S and limit the current for the leds. I don’t know if there is an affordable way to use it an car or similar.

I’m afraid this is only true for the XP-G3 variant. The 219C variant could be V1 or V2. I contacted Banggood as I’m interested specifically in 219C V2, and was told they could not guarantee this. So probably they still have V1 and V2 in stock mixed up.

I think your assuming Lexels 6v driver would be used. No, Lexel can build a 12v driver using higher voltage AMC’s. That’s not the problem.

The problem is the driver is sensitive to voltage. It needs a steady input, not the fluctuating voltage from an alternator.

So let’s say you use a 6v driver from Lexel with a converter to go from 12v-15v down to a steady 8v. Now you need enough amps to get decent output. 2.6A is way too low. You would need 15 to 20 amps. So you’d need a big, beefy converter to feed the driver.

This is the picture of new driver V2

i did some measure today(mf01-v2)
The led wiring is 6s3P(18v)
I think they should use thicker wire

Glad you like it. [quote=Mapster] Received my (version 2) MF-01, got the 30Q's charged last night. The light worked perfectly! Very impressive amount of light, especially for the high CRI emitters. Thanks again freeme! [/quote]

Glad you like it. [quote=Mapster] Received my (version 2) MF-01, got the 30Q's charged last night. The light worked perfectly! Very impressive amount of light, especially for the high CRI emitters. Thanks again freeme! [/quote]

What’s the main faults between V1 and V2? overheating in turbo mode?

For me the reason to want the V2 219C is:

V1 high = ~6000 lumens
V2 high = ~3000 lumens

This means light is able to sustain high level of ~3000 lumens much much longer than ~6000 lumens. V1 steps down after couple of minutes to ~2000 lumens, which is a lot less than what the light is able to handle continuously.

V1 = buck driver > turbo output at ~3.8V = ~6000 lumens instead of ~9000 lumens (I measured this)
V2 = boost driver > turbo output at ~3.8V = ~9000 lumens (same as 4.2V; member confirmed this)

My 219C is arriving today. Just in time too.

Edit: Got it. So far not seeing a big difference between the Q8 and 219C MF01 as far as CRI goes. Of course the Astrolux is noticeably brighter, but the Q8 has a much better UI. A lower low would be real nice and almost guarantee that I’d use this light a lot, and only time will tell how much use it actually gets. I’m looking forward to a driver swap to get the most out of this light. For those that don’t mind putting out a lot of light at the minimum, this appears to be a fantastic light. I believe this is my brightest unmodified light.

The best batteries for this powerful flashlight MF-01 is - 4 x US18650VTC6 3120mAh 30A :+1:

Mine gets around 24 lumens on moonlight mode. I don’t know if you could do much better with 18 leds.

The difference is pretty obvious when illuminating wood materials or objects with red colors for example. Shades of colors are deeper and richer with the MF-01.

Well, I got a new head… thank you again, freeme :wink:

The bad news - it is going to Poland via Turkey Post. That probably means more than month of waiting. (my Q8s. sent on 28 and 29th of September still aren’t in Warsaw (according to Polish Post). Or maybe are for 20 days (Turkey Post).

This is totally unacceptable, I believe this is second case that this light can’t be switched off.

Well, I’m glad yours is finally on it’s way! Mine is coming via the slowest option of the three main U.S. eCommerce delivery services. It took four days to make it to the Los Angeles Airport in California. It’s still sitting there awaiting customs inspection. Then, hopefully Monday, it will clear and head over to FedEx SmartPost. It’ll take 4-5 days to travel across the U.S. to my home in North Carolina. Which means it will probably be here Friday, Saturday, or the following Monday.

Received my 2nd MF-01 219C and I’m desappointed by the overall tint and CRI of this V2 compared to the V1.
Overall tint is more yellow-greenish and colors rendition lacks of blue and red colors shades. I doubt that they used 219C R9050 for the V2, this one looks closer to 219C R8000.