ENEDED

Interested! :+1:

…actually, the R500 resistor will burn it off…
It’s not a CC driver.
Current is dependent on battery voltage.
bummer…

Modes have PWM, but it’s high frequency, so it’s invisible and inaudible.

What is the size of the reflector and where to buy TIR optics for this flashlight? Will this be good - DIY Convoy T5 / U2 Hochreflektierende LED Linse für Convoy Taschenlampe Sale - Banggood Deutschland-arrival notice-arrival notice
?

I used a 22.5 mm TIR, but i don’t use the bezel.
I’ll try uploading a picture, but TinyPic was down so i couldn’t.

Add me to the list please

1. If you are interested with X3R, please reply on my other thread.

I would like to order one, may i have a code for NW please?

So i use big brother Imgur now…

Only had green switch boot in that size, but okay…

Interested in ordering one, please send code.

Thanks

What about popping the tir out of the plastic housing, would the bezel fit then?

This TIR has no plastic housing.
It’s 22.5mm diameter, from Yajiamei. Had to file it to approximately 22mm diameter to go deep enough (inside the threaded section).
Added 1mm copper disc under the LED board too.
Put in a nice 2700K Nichia 219C. :slight_smile:

And i think it looks much better without the bezels (both front and top bezels)
That was actually the main purpose of this mod. :wink:

But i’m afraid i’m gonna take it all apart again…
See if i can get 4 or 5x x AMC 7135 in there, so that it is current regulated. :person_facepalming:

By the way, i disabled the green LED by removing the resistor.

Another thing:
You can fit the Astrolux S41 / 42 / 43 optic in there (with bezel removed).
And it’s a beefy light, so it can handle a little heat.
So you could make a quad out of it.
You would need another driver though, and think of something to keep the USB charging.

Ordered

Because of this I ordered another one. Always wanted a quad headlamp.

I received my pair of NW lights in black this afternoon. They seem to be of nice quality and a really great deal for the price.

One magnet is a bit stronger than the other. It’ll hold the light horizontal on a small steel pipe. The weaker one just slides down. The weaker one will hold itself upside down as long as there’s no bumping or jostling. I’ll look into stronger magnets if they prove to be useful in my woodworking shop.

I appreciate the coupon code as it’s good to have a backup headlamp for myself and my son around the house. If we can schedule an autumn camping trip, I’ll be sure to bring them along.

Correction to my last post:

I attempted to remove the spring from the tailcap to check out the magnet, didn’t want to ruin the spring, couldn’t easily get it out with my fingers and gave up. I pushed the spring down onto the magnet and heard a “snap” as the magnet seated itself against the tailcap base. Now the magnets work identically. I think the weaker one was due to the magnet not being pressed up flush with the bottom of the tailcap.

Yeah, i had the same with my tail magnet.
But still it’s not strong enough…
I’ll order some strong ones of this size from AliExpress.

Interested

How is the optic and the switch boot kept in place when you did not use the bezels? How about the water resistance?