FandyFire STL-V6

Ok, if I should buy Panasonic 18650 can I get a real real MAh?

Yep. :)

Is the M3X or other xml throwers any better in the spill department?

How many meters throw with good lighting the fandyfire stl-v6?
Is it similar to the Skyray?

Same light different name.

your led continue live or burn???

i read have bad dissipation

It won’t burn. Even if it had heat insulation an XML running at 1.4 amps wouldn’t generate the 150 deg celcius needed to destroy itself.

Edit: grammar

so is the stl v6 and v2 identical. from looking at pictures, the stl v6 seems like it has a bigger head…so more throw, and the v2 more flood??

The v2 and v6 are exactly the same. Same amount of flood, same amount of insane throw.

thats odd, i remember seeing them looking different in head bezel size.

The UniqueFire UF-V2 is a smaller head diameter than the SkyRay STL-V2 and the FandyFire STL-V6. I think the SkyRay and the FandyFire are both 62mm head diameter. And the UF-V2 is like 60mm. I remember when I had the UF-V2 and compared it to the FandyFire STL-V6 and it had a smaller head diameter.

And know this light won’t come close to out throwing my TK70. No LED flashlight I have so far will beat my TK70 for lux or throw. But for a light that only cost $46 shipped to your door it’s hard to beat the FandyFire STL-V6. After playing around with the STL-V6 since I posted this thread, I would say it would probably reach out to 375 to 400yds.

My almost new Fandyfire STL-V6 suffered a 2 foot drop onto concrete and has not worked since. A couple of tiny nicks on the ano are all the marks I can see. Can’t hear any rattling noise and nothing seems to be loose. Batteries tested okay at just over 4v. Can some kind person tell me what are some possibilities to get it working again? Thanks!

New here…

When it arrives (from Wallbuy.com), I’ll do a lux measurement, or has that been done before already?

I’m on a “lux measurement obsession” recently, since I just received a new lux meter :)…

hi deklan, the best bet would be strip the light to look for visual faults first, its possible one of the wires to the led star came adrift. Try linking the body of the light to the battery negative with the tail cap removed to eliminate any problems there.

I’d also suggest starting your own thread to gain more attention, some people may not click on this thread and see your issue.

When I drop a light — which happens more than I want to admit — and it ends up not working, it’s usually because the smack of hitting the ground separated by just a a hair the ground solder from the pill to the driver. Many times the separation is not visible, but I just reflow a little solder under/over the ground connection and usually that fixes it. YMMV of course.

If he has a meter, couldn’t he check check for that problem by checking the connectivity/continuity between a negative trace on the driver PCB and an unanodized area of the body?

>>>>>>If he has a meter, couldn’t he check check for that problem by checking the connectivity/continuity between a
>>>>>>negative trace on the driver PCB and an unanodized area of the body?

Absolutely. But when it happens to me, the ground usually only fails when the battery is in place and the tailcap is on. The continuity-killing gap occurs when the battery presses down on the driver/spring,separating it from the solder. Without that downward pressure from the battery, the solder is enough in contact with the driver that continuity is maintained.

Uggh! I see :(.

That must’ve been a pain to figure out?

I really hate intermittent type problems… they are the worst kind :(…

gords1001, Ubehebe and ohaya, thanks very much for your suggestions. I will give them a try to see if I can revive my light. If any one else has any thoughts on this, I welcome your suggestions too :slight_smile:

BTW, the flashlight fell head first as the lanyard string at the tail end gave way :frowning: