Farthest Thrower, tightest beam. Reference; Convoy C8 size range, Single 18650 Tube Size

On paper it would be about 65kcd (V4A) vs 95kcd (P30) vs 110kcd (L2).

I don’t have any measuring tools so its possible your correct, just subjective hotspot brightness though where did you find that number for the V4A, i have not come across any figure for it.

Also L2, what are you referring to?

So far based on the C8/P30 size, the debate and suggestions are progressively getting larger, and out of scope to the topic.

When "pocket-able" makes you think twice, the light is likely not in the category.

I think the NC P30 should be the maximum diameter to stay realistic.

The V4A was from memory, but searching for ‘V4A cd’ Djozz measured 64kcd, and the specifications list it as 68kcd.

Convoy L2. 110kcd is a rough estimate. I’ve read lower and higher. My review sample was doa, after replacing the led and driver (with xpl-hi v2-3A on noctigon and 3.04A Qlite) I measured 136kcd.

As ARsee said, The L2 is indeed quite large compared to the P30.

Lets bring the topic back into perspective for head-size criteria. I don't have a NC P30, obviously..lol.

Excuse the dark image

As i mentioned the P30 will destroy a C8.
So you need a light with a similar head size to destroy a P30. The reason it does well is its XP-L HI chip and reflector size. Are there lights that do better then these facets?

Here is a thread where someone asked a similar question

Very good point, Bort. I agree. Given what I've seen for video reviews out there, the NC P30 is the successor.

You ask as I question. Are there lights that do better then these facets?

It only took 40 posts to get head size sorted out...

Lets see how this topic plays out!!

I loled, hard

ARsee

If you want a real BLF pocket rocket, mod a XPG C8 and enjoy the output m8, we are BLFers, we do mod things

Btw, even with a battery at 3.4 a well tuned XPG C8 will give you 140k cds vs 90k with a full battery for P30…not to mention the P30 beam profile and beam pattern

If you cant find someone in the US( and i am sure you will) i will mod a 180k+ C8 for you, then you can get a P30 and compare them yourself…you can always sell it later :smiley:

I have to say P30 is a very decent light as it is

If you want a “good as it is” torch for for M2X( its an easy moddable too…relatively easy :sunglasses: )

Does nobody on this forum read the original post or what??
What’s so hard to understand about “no mods” and “C8 size range”?

Mitko

I ordered a Convoy C8 from GearBest, that I thought was going to be the big bad thrower for it's size. I guess I ordered the wrong one.

What I got doesn't come close to the XT12GT.

I'll keep your offer to mod a C8 for me. I just might take you up on that later

No mods in BLF? Come on… :smiley:

Its like a beerfest without the beer! Its actualy a sin not to mod something arround here

I have to add that XPG2 modded P30 is a looker yet its hella hard to open it, they used tonsa glue

+1

To add, I know that most here mod lights themselves, but everyone started their interests in these lights (most likely) in stock form and what was available as a lure.

I may be asking things that are not in a lot of members scope of lights, but I would guess there are just as many members wanting to go in the direction I've been trying, as well.

I’ll rephrase, stock C8
By your logic i could have been referring to a modded P30. Replace its innards the same way you would a stock C8 and it should still win. It may not be easy to get the head off but i posted a thread in my review where it was done.

Jaxman Z1 XML2 or Jaxman Z1 XHP50 seem to be good candidates as required.

They are 26650 lights in size. Not in the same class of my intended OP

:+1: …… Why don’t ya’ add single 18650 to the title AR and see it that helps. :smiley:

Great thread too by the way!!! :+1:
:slight_smile:

You know something, good idea!!

Thanks

My pleasure my friend. :+1:
I do have a good idea occasionally…… but a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally too. :smiley::wink:

Well how about the Jaxman X1, out throws the L2 by a more than a lot or even for that fact the little Jaxman M8 will hold it’s own it’s a C8 style but smaller, comes with great reflector and XPL-HI and is easy pocket rocket.
Heck I’d throw in my ano BLF Krono’s X5 14500 or as far as size the ano version of the X6 BLF Krono also, but overall the Jaxman X1 single cell 26650 or tube for 18650, it is all in the reflector for sure, the X1 will serious stomp on a L2 or if I mod the X1 stomp on the L2 again no matter, all because of the X1 reflector differences.

That Jaxman M8 is impressive. I just watched a couple aerial videos by Paul Bo