Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

FastTech = FailureTech. Their customer service has fallen to the point where I will never buy from their lousy company ever again. You would think they would pay attention to their high dollar customers, but they just dont care. Its hard to believe that this is the same company that used to ship rapidly, resolve issues efficiently and within a timely manner. Today, they’re an utter failure in just about every regard.

Im surprised they havent renamed their company to FailureTech:

Ship the wrong items
Ship damaged items
Ship used items
Ship DOA items that were never QC’d.
Ship items with insufficient packaging materials
HORRIBLE response time in answering simple complaints or questions
Not paying attention to the nature of the complaint and often taking several conversations to resolve extremely simple issues
Not updating incorrect item descriptions, even after I repeatedly notify them of their mistakes - several times
After all that, they repeat their failures over and over again. Seriously, their entire workforce must be made up of a bunch of drunks on crack. Just as stupid as shit… and thats putting it lightly!

Im not the only one who’s been subjected to the onslaught of FailureTech stupidity and gross incompetence. There are many of us. I hope people will seriously reconsider where they spend their money before spending even a single dime with these idiots.

This thread has really lost its value - its over 1000 posts, so 99% is out-dated, plus it’s nothing more than a pat each others back (affiliate links). If there is truly something unique and interesting on FT, it would warrant its own thread.

AND - Buwuve - this is a public forum - even though you may have originated this thread - you don’t own it, and can’t tell us what to discuss in it.

Oh yeah - Merry Christmas!

Buwuve, have you considered starting your own mega-shill-referal-link flashlight forum? Then you may feel free to make up your own rules as you go along. Asking others to remove their comments is extremely rude… so please chill. I and many BLF members left the CPF nazi’s to get away from that type of attitude. This thread has far less value than fasttech itself, which isnt saying much. According to a Paypal rep, complaints are through the roof with this awful vendor.

Merry Christmas to all the non-referral link flashaholics out there! J)

I know purple lasers are not as bright as red or green ones, but looking at the pictures on the fasttech site, this can never be 200mw, or can it?

offtopic: are there 501/502/504 style lasers available anywhere?

Woo ho ho…. I’d say Amen to that…

I think I speak for more than myself when I say watch the tone of your posts please. Several of you.

I know that family gatherings at Christmas may be stressful and full of poo-litical tension, but that's no reason to be malicious here.

The title of this thread implies that this about new products at FT. Whether you love FT or hate it.
The complaints about FT are in a thread entitled 'FastTech going SlowTech?'

If you don't like the intended material of this thread, unsubscribe to it.
There is a FT complaining thread somewhere on BLF.

If you started a thread or even a review of a light, you wouldn't like it to be hijacked by people with their own agenda.

Lets keep BLF a friendly place, please.
Happy Boxing Day/Merry Christmas/Joyous New Year.

These were added a week or so back. I think.

Link here.

Well said Ramblings.

+1

Fasttech sucks

Thank you, buz silver is a nogo. Basically, I want a laser that can take the pressure grip tailcaps for 504x lights.

This is very much appreciated thread. Thanks for posting new and interesting product of Fasttech. I simply can’t follow closely FT daily updates of new product listing.
Others who have bad experiences with FT, please complain in other related threads or open new thread if you like. Every thread should have its purpose and this thread is meant to inform BLF members of new product from FT.
Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you DENGOH and all others, who like this thread. Some people are interested in new products and haven't the time to search each day the new arrive list of FT, others are interested in the old prices, before MAP ended the deals.
Before I post something in a forum, first I take a look if a thread exist which has the same or a similar quintessence. If there isn't one, I open a new thread and do not post something in a thread with a different tenor. The "Fasttech server also crashes" thread exists, before the first person wrote something in this thread about the server problems.

Back to the new FT products, which are listed today.

30mm*1.3mm Lead Wires for LED Flashlight DIY (50 black, 50 red). $1,87 My link - non aff-link

There are some new convex lenses. Here are only a few (you can choose all others with the drop-down menu on the product page).

Replacement 67mm Optical Borosilicate Plano-Convex Lens. $4,46 (save 5% more with BLF). My link - non aff-link

Replacement 100mm Optical Borosilicate Plano-Convex Lens. $8,86 (save 5% more with BLF). My link - non aff-link

and some with a mount (I have never seen something like this before).

Replacement 77mm Glass Convex Lens + 82mm Reflector + Fixed Mount $9,70 (save 5% more with BLF). My link - non aff-link

Replacement JGF-78 78mm Optical Glass Concave Convex Lens w/ sealed O-ring & fixed mount. $11,68 (save 5% more with BLF). My link - non aff-link

Careful with this one, the 1.3mm refers to the outside diameter, the inside diameter is 0.4mm which is 26 gauge, a little thin for most mods.

Cheers David

THanks for the Head’s Up David. I see they go from 30mm all the way up to 150mm. I was trying to figure out the best size for say, 3A drivers such as the Nanjg 8*AMC7135 105C. All I can find are automotive charts which seem to indicate 18 guage. It says diameter for that is 1.023mm, which I assume must be inside diameter. As Fasttech just lists the OD, it’s hard to figure out which ones to pick from the sizes they list.

I ordered their 22awg silicone wire recently, since I read about it in another thread here on BLF and someone stated that 22g would be enough for most scenarios @ 3-4A.

I can’t comment on the silicone wire though, because it’s still in transit.

I assume it’s still OK to clear this subject up in this thread as it discusses the product that is linked above? Anyway I think you’re choice of using Silicone wire is the way to go anyway (I think, ‘what’s the point of doing all your hard work and not ending up with quality that exceeds what you’d get stock from the Chinese manufacturers?’), and I did not realize FT had it, I’ll look for it next. Until now I had got it from IOS, and I think I’ve probably been using the 22 guage as well.

But back to the items just linked above. I note it lists its inner diameter, and does not give guage, whereas the other sizes in the drop-down box give all of them as 28AWG, and does not give an inner diameter for any of them.

Thanks for the comments.

I opened a new thread about wires and where we can buy these. There are also some links included about calculation, questions and answers which gauge are needed etc.

Thanks for that, that will be very useful, good candidate for a Sticky.

Cree XM-L2 T6-4D 1200LM 4300-4500K LED Emitter - $4.98 or $4.74 after BLF code

On 12mm star just $5.22 or $4.97 after BLF code

On 14mm star just $5.22 or $4.97 after BLF code

On 16mm star just $5.22 or $4.97 after BLF code

On 20mm star just $5.24 or $4.99 after BLF code

On 32mm star just $5.50 or $5.23 after BLF code

Cree XM-L2 T5-5A2 1100LM 4000-4300K LED Emitter - $4.98 or $4.74 after BLF code

On 12mm star just $5.22 or $4.97 after BLF code

On 16mm star just $5.22 or $4.97 after BLF code

On 20mm star just $5.24 or $4.99 after BLF code

On 25mm star just $5.50 or $5.00 after BLF code

On 32mm star just $5.50 or $5.23 after BLF code