Fasttech is shipping batteries again. Another shot in the foot or maybe not!!!

I also have the same message, but 2 days prior. Dispatch Pre-Alert 27/05/2014, MPC PMIH (KLIA)
And I note the destination is Unknown(Modify) Unable To Track (with mine anyway)

Not sure if that is normal. I recall tracking after Malaysia seemed pointless last time, so might be fine. If not I guess they wont be shipped back to sender, or forwarded to recipient. But you would hope to see a message clearly stating they have been seized or similar.

Edit:
This thread at FT has the same message text, and the items still arrived fine… so theres still hope
http://www.fasttech.com/forums/order-support/t/1176162/stuck-in-dispatch-pre-alert-for-4-days-order

Mine are, Dispatch Pre-Alert 28/05/2014, MPC PMIH (KLIA)

I must be the middle man :slight_smile:

I was trying to place some LG 18650 batteries but all carriers were greyed! :frowning:

Mine… Not pure battery but include two batteries http://www.fasttech.com/p/1474621
Ordered on May 2nd

25-May-2014 1510 Item posted over the counter MPC PMIH (KLIA)
25-May-2014 1505 Item posted over the counter MPC PMIH (KLIA)
22-May-2014 1240 Dispatch Pre-Alert 22/05/2014 MPC PMIH (KLIA)

Meh, Fasttech got some of my ordered batteries to me well past two months since the order, in a damaged package and one testing barely .7V… not exactly happy. Has anyone ever seen a KingKong at .7V?

Not 0.7V but a bit lower, also damaged:

A li-ion that stays off load at under 1.5-2.0V is dead and you should not ever use it.

Yup, discharge below 2.7V is not safe, especially that low… so now I have to go dispose of part of the package I waited over 2 months for :expressionless:

Tks Chloe, overlooked that thread.

For some Panasonic cells the cut-off is specified at 2.5V, but that is under load spec (while cells is being drawn power from, stop at 2.5V), after you take the load off, the cell voltage will get back a little like even up to 2.8V
A cell off the load that stays at 0.7V that is dead.

One thing I can tell you from my experience. I have some Sanyo UR18650FM for a couple of years. If they are charged at 4.205V then 3 months later will be at 4.199V, while my King Kong will be at 4.12V, so the auto-discharge for my King Kongs is quite fast compared to the Sanyos which perform excellent on this matter.

Difference due to internal resistance I would say!

Please explain what you mean, because I am only talking about the fact that both cells (Sanyo UR18650FM and KK) charged up to 4.205V and after 3 months clearly the KK have a faster self discharge (4.12V) than the Sanyo (4.199V) and the KK 26650 cannot have higher internal resistance than Sanyo UR18650FM.

and how do you know that “KK 26650 cannot have higher internal resistance than Sanyo” ?
maybe it has something to do with higher capacity of KK cells, maybe cells with higher capacity have to have proportionally (or logarithmically) lower internal resistance to have comparable self discharge rate as cells with lower capacity!

KK are know to have lower internal resistance than the Sanyo UR18650FM.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/King%20Kong%20ICR26650%204000mAh%20(Gold)%20UK.html

Still what is the point of higher internal resistance directly proportional with the self-discharge of the cell, I personally do not see it that is why I ask. As far as I see it it comes down exactly to the chemical composition of the cells, let's say quality.

In that case lets hope Sanyo or Panasonic now, starts making 26650 cells (and not selling them to automotive industry) :slight_smile:

Ordered 18650 batteries 12/12/2014,sent surface mail, and realised that they have not shown up.
Hongkong post dont recognise tracking numbers,

I ordered two 18650 batteries on December 15th and still have not got them either. I created a support ticket asking what the holdup was because it’s been 2 months and here is the response I got.

“Thank you for your order. We are sorry for the shipping issue in this case.

After checking ,your item (tracking#removed) left Hong Kong for its destination on 7-Jan-2015. Here is the record link of your package :http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/mtZresult.jsp?tracknbr=tracking#removed

We understand the shipping takes longer than expected and will submit an inquiry to the post office to investigate the whereabouts of the package. They may take maximum two months to finalize the investigation and provide conclusive answer. You can verify this with Hong Kong post in this link(section ENQUIRIES ABOUT LOSS OR NON-DELIVERY): http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/publications/guide/content/5.16.pdf.

If the post office verify the item as lost, we will issue refund or reship the order per your choice immediately. We will keep you updated via this ticket once we hear back from them.

We hope you will receive the item soon. While registered postal mail doesn’t provide time guaranteed service and the transit time quoted in checkout is an average and typical time frame. The tracking for this shipping service is also not updated in real time.

Shall you have any questions further, please let us know by simply replying back to this ticket.

Thank you for your understanding in this case.”

I can say for sure I won’t be ordering batteries from fastech anymore.

Got them today,thank you. Three months.

On 27.11.2014 I ordered 2 packs of SKU1345500, sent via HK surface, I got them on 26.02.2015 (91 days).

i had an equally lengthy shipping time on some 26f’s via HK surface, however I just placed another order using the “USPS Expedited for Battery Products.” I’ll report back on how long that takes.

I had always received stuff within three weeks but bought and paid for pair 18650 batteries ‘in stock’ on 10/02/15 and paid for registered upgrade. FastTech photo shows as having left on 12/02/15 Eventually tracking number showed as leaving HK on 4th March.
I guess my order had to wait until after Chinese New Year.
Still not received in UK on 23/03/15
One useful thing from this is discovered 17track which gave me better info than Royal Mail.
Apologies if this is posted in wrong section.