Fasttech is shipping batteries again. Another shot in the foot or maybe not!!!

Could you tell us, which is the first letter of your serial number, after you get these.
In a discussion on the FT page someone wrote, that the first letter shows the production date: J 2010, L 2012 M 2013 and the $8,89 are the older stock and FT sells the newer LG for $12,82.

Yep these are the old cells. Difference in wrapper too.
I ordered them in September and got J. I talked to customer service and they promised that this was an accident…month and a won dispute later I got batteries for 5$…lol
I wrote this down somewhere, maybe in the review from HJK???
I couldn’t check if it was really just a single accident because we got the shipping hassle. It I guess they lied to me and these are the old batch. Stupid fastech customer service.

These batteries are superb, they deliver so much current in linear/direct drive drivers and also have a lot capacity. The best cells I know.

Isn’t that kind of a lame?
You received excellent batteries, your words not mine and you filed and won dispute against them because of what, because “The best cells I know” were from 2010 (which is btw. not confirmed)!!!
No wonder it’s hard to deal with customer services (not just FT) and no wonder paypal is warning buyers about their disputes count…
:neutral_face:

It’s lame that Fasttech doesn’t specify that they are old stock.

I just ordered some 3400’s from KD. We have shipped your order via Swedish Register Air Mail with the tracking number RE661221523SE?
It gets stranger and stranger.

Only: “DHL Express +$42.90 (visit DHL.com for transit time)” -available for me.
No thanks.

Thankfully, because of RMM and Mtn. Electronics, I don’t have to roll the dice anymore. Thanks Richard.

Status updated from “received” to “packaging” looking good so far :smiley:

EDIT: Now they are shipped :smiley: tracking number in hand so its looking up for FT and our source of batteries. Hope its not a short term thing and then gets shut down again

I didn’t got what I ordered, the picture is different.
So I kindly asked them, like others, what’s going on.
And they said that they made a mistake and send me wrong batteries!
I offered to order another correct pair for a discount of some dollars, because I was rather fine with the “wrong” batteries, they declined that and offered 0.4$ refund without selling another pair…?( Yippieh 0.4$, so much money I am going to order a G6…)
Some mails back and forth which really confused me took about weeks/month so the 45 day window came. I opened dispute.
Fastech offered some refund, but just after closing my dispute. I was confused again and got a bit angry so I escalated it with the note that I want a partial refund(not so greedy at all…heh?) and I won. I admit that I got really sarcastic on some point and send some really rude, but also funny messages to them. But the CS was just plain dumb.

Now I will order again and I am hoping that I get the advertised batteries, but if not I will complain again…I will make this game until they advertise the batts as what they are.

A bit confused but is it verfied that the cheaper LG cells are infact older stock? Is RMM’s stock newer cells? I’m looking to pick up a couple of these LG cells now that xtar is coming out with a 4.35v charger.

Not verified by fastech, but one guy on fastech forum and me got “old” cells.
I will tell you in 40days after the package has crossed the desert…

I just checked the tracking link with some already arrived wallbuys numbers and it don’t works…not very promising

Alright, sounds interesting. Do you know if anyone has bought the more expensive ones and received newer cells?

I ordered 6 sets(12 pcs) of NCR2900PF on Monday, January 06, 2014, and it still has "Packaging" status.

Hope it will arrive...

Last order from Fasttech (with wrong tracking number) came but before that FT refunded my money, and then it finally came(under other tracking number) so I refunded them. I like to do fair business.

I only have good experience with them and I really hope they will continue that way.

Why not NCR18650 PD, I thought they are high drain versions!

Iirc aren’t PF’s the newer version of PD? I think I recall Tom saying his PF’s pulled more than PD.

Yep PF is the new PD.
My second order is now as well marked as shipped.

Thanks for the info guys, didn’t know that, this things progress overnight :slight_smile:

IMHO PF is best battery in my arsenal...

READ THIS I GOT REPLY FROM FASTTECH REGARDING BATTERY ORDER:

" As you may have noticed that your order is in packaging status without any movement. This is caused due to the incorrect shipping method you choose, we’re using Malaysia Post for loose battery shipment on trial while it only ship to less than 50 countries. Sorry to inform you that your destination country is excluded.

In this case, we’re compelled to cancel the order and make a refund. PayPal should be sending the confirmation email in a moment.

Thanks for your understanding in advance"

So no they will not ship batteries with cheap generic post

But they told I choose incorrect shipping method :) During checkout they offered me malaysia post or dhl so maybe I am really crazy and they are smart :)

Of course they don’t ship to X.

X is a silly place afterall. :wink:

You would not believe how X is silly place... I agree :)