FastTechs huge new selection of Roche flashlights

I hope they get hosts without the “Roche” name…
Am I the only one or one of the few who prefer hosts without names?

The F12 host doesn’t say anything on the body…just knurling. There is only “RocheF12” in very small font on the head of the light.

Really hope they start selling the DC8. If they offered it with similar options as their F8s I would definitely buy one.

I like a brand or name on flashlights, if the design is nice (I like the Roche letters or Shadow flashlights). I do not like the logo of smiling shark for example.

So, between the Convoy M1 & Roche F8, you would go F8 every time Gords?

not quite, I would be building……

I would use the d5 host seen in this handy thread

the same xm-l 4c from fasttech and this driver

that would make this light the ultimate in this class of light.

the m1 is the one with a black bezel, correct? I built mine up with a blf a8 driver, it is a nice light and sees a lot of use around the house but I love my d5, its just got that touch of class, I’d just prefer it with the qlite driver, its on my list of things to do, the two group driver is ok, but I have a similar set up in my edc 18650 so I don’t need it in the other light I carry and use a lot, the moonlight low would be a preference.

Fair enuf mate. That does sound like a proper rig.

Correct, M1 has black bezel, M2 has stainless.

That driver & host do look nice, but I am looking for something OTS. (Also probably going T5 5C instead of T6 4C, but that could be built…) Would you say Roche hosts are better quality than Convoy?

ouchy foot can probably answer that better than me, I’ve not got an actual branded roche, if they’re as good as the d5 I have, then I would say yes, they are ofca higher quality than the convoy hosts I have seen.

And that’s not to say the convoys are bad, its more like saying which is best? A gt500 mustang or a big block z28 camaro? If you get where I’m coming from, both are desirable, I just happen to prefer the little bit about the d5 that you cant describe, that bit that just makes you happy.

Oh, thought you had both. I just meant to compare build quality. Been leaning toward the desert yellow F8 anyways. Want to make sure it is worth the diff in cost. Sounds like it.

For the record……
chevy vs ford: mopar
9 vs 45: 40
beatles vs stones: led zep
:wink:

ford (I’m english)
cd
blink182
lol

I have both and I think the Roche is superior in quality and build. The M2 is nice ( I have four) but I feel the F8 is a classier host, they may look similar, but there are also a lot of differences in build.
Be warned, the Roche F8 hosts will not accept protected cells.

that’s where the d5 wins, sanyo protected 2900mah cell in mine 8)

Would love me a Focus RS. Can’t understand why Ford doesn’t bring the good models to the homeland….

Meant 9mm vs .45ACP = 40 S&W wins :slight_smile:
Classic debate… I know in the UK you are not permitted to enjoy such things. :frowning:

Not sure blink gets factored into the great classic rock debates :wink: but I can dig it. I am more of a Fugazi, Bad Brains, Black Flag man myself. :beer:

shit.
:frowning:

No protected cells of any kind or brand? That might be a deal breaker, as the majority of my cells are protected XTARs.

That sucks.

I even tried AW protected flattops, and it was no go. I don’t mind though, because I have lots, besides, FastTech is almost giving them away.
I swapped out the springs in my Roche M170 yesterday, and it now takes all protected cells. That frees up four more unprotected for me.

you could get ouchyfoot to do the build I outlined above, or me but shipping would kill it from England I would think.

hmmm

9mm vs 45? I’ve always liked the side by side pistol I sometimes used to use for the silly round on the clay pigeon shoot I used to run, so, 12 bore J)

Yowza! How’s a guy ever to decide with those choices? I really like the F3 above but don’t see it on the FastTech site.

Archer: dont think FT carries that model, yet….

Gords: side by side 12ga PISTOL? woah. sounds fun!! :bigsmile:

yep, it was cut down to about 12” barrels, pistol grip, even had a holster lol. not the most practical weapon out there, and you wouldn’t want to put too many shells through it in one go, but it was good for a laugh.

The other toy I enjoyed was a lever action shotgun, that was fun too.

Put in a request to fastTech. They really do listen, and you will hear back from them.

Okay everybody! Altogether! Go to the FastTech site and request that they carry the F8 host.

In case no one noticed, the F8 carried by FastTech has a cigar grip on it. The cigar grip is not available on the CNQG model. I’m wondering if its addition would help accommodate longer cells.