Father's day Group buy on Sunwayman V11R is ON !

my name hasn’t been added to the list… why didn’t we just go rrt-01? XM-L2 Would of been easier to reach target me thinks even with CW

The V11R I purchased a couple weeks ago is am XM-L2.
Many of us would be quite happy to trade a few lumens for better CRI.

I think not being a budget light is the stumbling block for me.

If it’s under $50 XM-L2 and NW I’m 100% in. If it’s more than this, then it’s just too pricey to justify as I don’t “need” to have it.

Personally don’t care for the AA extender as I see no reason why I’d want to make the light longer to offer up worse performance.

Trevi_lux is keen isnt he…. 8)

:stuck_out_tongue:

AA adaptor or nothing… my pop doesn’t have too many CR123’s… D cells on the other hand…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-NEW-Energizer-CR123A-Lithium-3V-Battery-for-EL123-SF123-DL123-FRESH-03-2023-/321110451670?pt=US_Single_Use_Batteries&hash=item4ac3aca5d6

sweeet :slight_smile:

XM-L vs XM-L2 really doesn’t make much difference in practical use. It’s only 7% or 14% lumen difference at normal loads, which is so close it’s nearly impossible for a human to perceive… especially on a variable-output light like this. And I hear that both lights use XM-L2 now anyway.

However, cool white vs neutral white is pretty noticeable every time the light is used.

To be honest, the final XM-L version of the RRT01 was a much better product than the first XM-L2 version. I got the early-2013 (XM-L) model and liked it so much I got one later (late 2013) for a friend, and it was XM-L2 with a much colder tint and mismatched anodizing on the head vs body. Still a nice light, but it was a downgrade from the earlier revision.

The place where XM-L2 really shines is in modded or overdriven lights. It handles heat much better than XM-L and can be driven a lot harder. So, it’s great in high-amperage throwers and max-lumen flooders. The V11R is neither; it’s just a moderately-driven EDC with some nifty features.

Do run times not count at all? It might be true that a difference in lumens is not noticeable, but if we retain the same lumens, we gain run times, and that will be noticeable. And I would asusme desirable for a CR123 light.

Thanks, yeah I heard the T6 RRT-01 had a nice tint… I wonder if anyone still has it. .many still have it listed but probably send new XM-L2
Niteye eye 10 tic was supposed to have a nice tint too

On an analog variable-output light (it might be digital, but it acts and feels like an analog control), it’s extremely difficult to get the same brightness twice, within the 7% or 14% difference the emitter makes, unless you adjust the control ring while pointing it at a lux meter from a calibrated distance in a dark room.

Given that, I don’t think you’ll notice a 7% to 14% difference in run time, especially if you use it for EDC tasks, a few minutes at a time, with no timer running. It’s a matter of one cell lasting for 29 days of EDC use (plus or minus 10 days) versus lasting 32 days plus or minus 10. The difference is statistically indistinguishable without testing it for, like, a couple years.

Simply bumping up the light one “step” will affect the run time a lot more than 14, since one visual step is generally like 100 difference in power. On most lights, I find a 3X difference feels about right… a comfortable mode spacing for me is 1 lm, 3 lm, 10 lm, 30 lm, 100 lm, 300 lm. Each step only looks a little brighter, but it uses 3X as much power.

As for the T6 RRT01 (last XM-L revision), for a long time it was the nicest Cree tint I had ever seen. It was only de-throned a couple days ago when I got my T10T NW, which somehow looks almost as nice as the ~5000K Nichia 219B I put into an old UF-HD2011. I’d like to know exactly which bin that emitter is from, and if they’re all like that or if I just got lucky.

Anyway, the V11R is pretty sweet. Having a button makes it a lot safer for EDC use, since it won’t accidentally turn on to an invisibly-low level (and drain the battery) if the ring gets bumped. I like my RRT01, but I find I’m constantly double-checking to make sure it’s actually off.

The plus or minus days does not have a gain or loss variable? Going by your numbers, the difference is plus or minus 10 days for XML2, and plus or minus 9 days for XML. (10%difference) Alternatively, 11 days and 10 days respectively. So essentially for some users, the battery might last a week longer. If that means Im changing batteries every second month, in Aus thats $10 saved at RRP of CR123 (CR123 is roughly $10-12 each for a branded version). Twice the usage, I save $20 by using XM-L2. I could use 16340 too of course, depending where I work. Some places will not allow li ion on site. For many there are good reasons to want XM-L2. Id agree brightness argument seem to be technically based and little real world benefit, but the efficiency aspect is genuinely of benefit IMO, even if simply heat management and overall longevity of the device.

This deal apparently comes in NW anyway.

Sweet. It sounds like everyone wins. There’s a choice of tint, and it’s probably XM-L2. Buuuuuuy iiiiiiiiit….

Really though, sorry for the tangent. A bunch of people want this group buy to happen, and it sounds like you can’t really go wrong with such a nice light at a relatively low price.

(I can definitely see a cost argument, especially when using name-brand CR123 primaries at $11 each… if each cell lasts an average of 29 or 32 days for XM-L or XM-L2, then over the course of a year that’s $138 vs $125 worth of batteries… a savings of $13 per year. But one could also buy a charger and a couple 16340s for a fraction of that.)

Sadly, with the Solarstorm SCXX lights debacle, it might be XML and CW only. Fingers crossed.

Im already in for one anyway.

The question now is… who and how many are willing to pay $50 for this light as it seems like we can’t get over 20 people for this group buy :~

If it’s $50 or less I’m in for whatever configuration the light has.

yes 20 has been reached

I assumed from the start there would only be 20 or so people. Im in at $50 if its a go, XM-L2, and NW as listed. I can live with CW, but I prefer NW. I would not be happy to spend $50 and not get exactly what I ordered no matter who supplied it.

Bump… I’ll ask for the coupon code for 1-20 people… such a bummer not much interest in this light as these still sell at $80 on Wallbuys website :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT the group buy is ON now… coupon code BGV11R will bring the price to $45, BUT it’s limited to the first 20 people only!.. sorry that’s the best they can do… so hurry and grab this deal before it’s gone! :smiley:

I think I have one ordered. After I confirmed the order at PayPal, I got a screen saying the order failed due to some kind of error, but when I check my account at Banggood, it shows the payment completed. Paypal also shows the payment went through. Strange.

Edit- I did get the order confirmation email, so I’m good. Also got a PM from Banggood offering to check the order for me. Impressive customer service, Banggood.