[Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

I love the S42 with the new driver, but I hate the quad optics that came with the light. I’m waiting for parts to convert it to a triple.

the quad optics can be modified to get em resting on the LEDs, you have to remove some material near the lefs to get em deeper in the head
then you have to put a spacer between glass and TIR on the outer ring

i did that. My problem is that I’m using XPL HI. Any emitters with the dome on i can deal. I just love the beam of the triple.

Lexel Ill take two:

22mm Bistro HD OTSM Attiny25V one with steel spring and one without.
both with silicone wire…. But not sure on the length, Ill take your advice on this one.
Moonlight + Heat monitor + Ramping UI + Memory in one…. and Moonlight + Heat monitor + 4 Mode + Memory in the other. If possible.

Fully assembled

This going to be for an Ultrafire F13 triple so any advice you would have that the board will need, I am open for it.
Here is the MPCB I am using… (3) Nichia NVSL219C D240 4000K 90+ CRI LEDs on 20mm 3XP MTN DTP Copper MCPCB

Thanks!

Lexel

I am after a 21mm by 1mm board to go into my Skilhunt HO2 to replace its dead driver

It is used for mainly close up work 3-6 foot so I use mainly around 300lumens (at a guess) to see behind dashboards in cars/vans.

How much for assembled driver for this ( I presume it’s the same as the HO3 driver? )

Ramping with memory with option for modes

Thanks

Lexel, I was responding to a post on a S42 thread about the Narsil driver and a question occurred to me.

On the Narsil Driver, one of the switch LED’s is being used to indicate MCU signals, but the other switch LED is unused. Would it be possible to wire the second switch LED to someplace on the remaining USB charging board to lit when there’s current flowing to the battery for charging, and to turn off when the current drops? This would essentially provide the “charge complete” feature that the original S42 offered without need for the old (now partially disconnected) MCU.

I need a 22mm 1s fet+1 driver with spring and wires installed.

The question is how the old MCU detects charge complete from the Charge IC

It may be possible to hook one LED on it
But I do now know which IC they use and cant check as I have no more S42 to look and no pictures of it

Lexel

Could your driver (H03 size) run a Nichia 144A (6V/12V???) on this dedicated board?

if you have 2 18350s with voltage regulator added on the board it can run 6V LEDs

So it won’t work with regular 18650 becouse it’s not a boost (step up?) driver like the Zebralights and Armyteks have. I’m new to this world…

its not a boost driver

Your still going to be releasing a boost driver soon, right? I’m really wanting those.

made some progress this weekend

Finally i have successfully installed my TA driver and XHP70.2 into my L6.

I also connected the Lit switch from the Ind pad shown in this pic

I dont know if it was intended, but the side switch is now ramping with the main light

so for example on moonlight the side switch is barely visible but when i ramp the light up to full power the side switch ramps to full power too.

I should also say a MASSIVE Thankyou to Lexel!

He has gone above and beyond to help me and i really appreciate it.

THANK YOU! :beer: :beer: :beer:

this is odd the sideswitch on the 3 Channel should be connected with 5V DC
on the 2 Channel from the MCU with 5V

I just see that the board in the picture has the resistor on the wrong position, should be near the LDO

I’d like to order a 21 mm thin board with Narsil for my H03, with a spring and indicator switch set up. Please PM me with the price and any further information you need.

2S Bistro OTSM 22mm (8.4v) available?

sure I have plenty of parts and boards in stock
I can build it asap