First Impressions Wurkkos Orange TS10 V2, w RGB Aux and 4000K LEDs

Thank you, Jon. Will try that tomorrow. Never thought I’d be programming flashlights at my age. lol. Flashlights have come a long way in a short time

2 Thanks

me neither… lol

btw, I liked the way you asked a clear question
specific 100 lumen output goal correlated to a specific ramp number.

That should be 75 clics down, so 7 long, plus 5 fast clics

my ceiling goal is about 340 lumens, as that is about the highest thermally sustainable output of this little host… it is at 50 clicks below max so I do 5 long presses…

Update on my TS10v2 that turns blue:
After doing a turbo run for the warranty claim’s video, I disassembled it to inspect for damage, because I noticed it was turning blue faster.

All of the emitters have noticeable burn spots on the phosphor already, with one that’s pretty dark.

@Wurkkos_Terry could you please help me out?

1 Thank

Are these emitters soldered correctly?

My older TS10 brass was not doing any of these things like turning blue despite several uses of turbo…

So we have now 2 cases of burned LEDs, so far I know…

I can’t speak about the soldering as the light came this way.

The burned out emitters seems like an issue only with the TS10v2, older lights had a different batch of emitters, and a brass TS10 has a decent bit more thermal mass too.

I have now 14 TS10s and this is the first one to damage the emitters with the stock battery.

Since these CSP2323 have no dedicated thermal pad (see test) they rely on heat dissipation through the solder pads. The heat dissipation here is primarily limited by the LED board used, not by the thermal mass of the host.

This is the reason, why these are burned. The current (heat dissipation) is simply too high. I am wondering why this wasn’t the case with the older TS10, maybe they changed LED manufacturer or using another type of CSP LED. These things are manufactured by many companies in this size, so visually it is not clear if these emitters in the TS10 V2 are really LatticePower CSP2323.

1 Thank

The driver give too much power in turbo.
This is the reason why my default level is 100 and with turbo I see smoke so I stay safe.
I think in this second batch the LEDs are not the same as the first batch

I believe turbo and highest ceiling are unsafe to be the defaults with the TS10.

I would like to see the highest output modes disabled by default but available as an option that can be enabled by the user if desired.

@Wurkkos_Terry is this something that you are aware of or could consider for future revisions?

So the firmware defaults are set wrong for the TS10 V2?

The TS10 does not need more Turbo!:

Maybe they changed the specs on the mcpcb?

or maybe it needs more Thermal Paste under the mcpcb?
who wants to remove the mcpcb to check?

or maybe the Thermal Ceiling is too high?
who wants to test a lower ceiling on a TS10 that turns the LEDs blue?

If anyone chooses to update the firmware, I believe it uses a higher thermal ceiling… probably more likely to burn the LEDs

does anybody know what the Thermal Ceiling default is w the stock Orange V2 firmware?

Good idea.
Maybe it’s the same problem I had with several Convoy S21F: burrs and rough edges on the edges on the underside of the MCPCB. As a result, it does not sit evenly in the host and heat dissipation is massively impaired, especially if there is too little thermal paste underneath.

Report of TS10 V1 w H10 battery:

“It ran well for a couple of days on normal modes, but after about 5 seconds on turbo it failed.”

It was a modded light. It’s anybody’s guess what happened.

3 Thanks

Just wanted to thank you Jon, for going out of your way to find the 100 lumen setting. It is much appreciated. Oh, and it worked, too! Way cool, or should I say cooler.lol

1 Thank

Yay! :wink:

I don’t know how I missed that. So when you’re in the ramping config (7H) and you need to reduce by more than 10 points, you can click and hold for a second to drop by 10 at a time?

3 Thanks

I keep quoting myself in this thread. :slight_smile:
I have several TS10s, both early V1 and V2. Never saw angry blue overdrive with V1. Most V2s show signs of overdrive (angry blue, or at least bigger jump in CCT).

It happens to fast too be a thermal mass issue. I think it happens too fast to even be a lack of solder paste.

Details:
V1 version seem to have about 0 to 200k CCT increase when going from top of ramp to turbo.
V2 versions jump about 400k+ with same change from top of ramp to turbo. — sign of overdrive.
Some start looking “angry blue” — obvious overdrive. Turn off quick!

The V2 change corresponds with Wurkkos getting a new low duv batch after complaints that the early Titanium builds were higher duv.

I recently made a Copper V2 by swapping parts with new Orange version. The amount of thermal paste was adequate. I replaced it with MX-4.
Which gives me an idea…
I just checked… 130/150 to turbo, CCT still jumps almost 400k w/ V2 LEDs in copper host.
130/150 to turbo, CCT changes very little w/ V1 LEDs in orange host.

FB

5 Thanks