FIX THE MOBILE BROWSER ISSUE

:Sp No worries, that’s not going to happen. :wink: I’m not a fan of phpBB. Nor of vBulletin and the likes because they’re closed source and don’t have a very good security record. Additionally, our email notification system and community spam control system is custom hacked developed for our needs, and it would be really hard to implement in another system.

I like tapatalk but if that is not an option, what’s the best choice on ios devices? I use safari and it’s so so. Too much zoom in to read, zoom out to navigate.

Unfortunately the size won’t really be optimal on any mobile devices at the moment. But are you at least able to post here using the iOS browser? I don’t have any Apple products to test it with.

As of about a month ago, Google can down rank your site if it’s not mobile friendly.

Google has a “mobile-friendly” test page where you can enter your URL and have Google tell you its level of mobile friendliness. Based on what Google has said about this site, they are probably already penalizing you for it.

I also like and use Drupal, just not for forums. A couple of my Drupal sites are in this fine Google mess even though I thought they were mobile friendly and are using “responsive mobile” themes.

I thought that I’d jump in here and say this real quick (and then run away). Microsoft and Apple suck! Linux Mint Cinnamon is awesome! I can’t wait to get rid of the 4 year old Kubuntu KDE that’s installed on my server.

I’ve got a Raspberry Pi (which is now quad core for $35) hooked up to a 32 inch TV with Raspbian Linux running KDE desktop and it looks almost like Windows 7. I somehow manged to get the VLC video player working and it’s even got a bluetooth dongle in it. Basically a quad core computer for $35 though I sprung for the $70 kit that has everything. It’s got a 12 dollar USB SDR (Software Defined Radio) dongle hooked to it, and it can stream FM Radio / Police / Fire / Weather / CB on my local network!

So yeah, it’s a decently compelling argument to be able to surf the net on a hobbyist computer for $35 if you are resourceful and want to leave Microsoft / Apple behind.

Hahaha nothing like a good morning laugh. :party:

I use my iPhone here all the time. Other than the size issue it has worked fine.

Test. BLF is fine on chrome on Android.
I prefer browser to Tapatalk, as it’s a richer experience.

Please don’t change BLF !

Yes, Mint is awesome.
Might be time to try KDE Plasma 5.3 and OpenSuse ?
I found it better than Mint, all my peripherals just work.

99.9% The apple safari browser on my ipad and iphone + ipod work fine.

It’s the android shiznit that doesnt want to play well, I tried changing that advanced editor to “simple” and it did noting, I deleted chrome from my new phone and my 3 other android based devices all together and reinstalled and it did nothing, lastly I reformatted my android devices and it still did nothing to fix the wild text. The small percent of us having this issue will just have to suck it up. Is it possible some new CHROME update screwed with a compatibility issue in the programming here? When I first joined here there we’re no issues with anything on the site. just an FYI I am not asking for change i just think for the whole community of people options is nice to have. for example I use a forum that has several options from Tapatalk, to there dedicated forum app to Mobile version to Desktop version. Most of these are just add ons in the forum script.

*HANDS UP DON’T SHOOT!

Under the post editor, there should be an “Input format” box which lets you select the simple or advanced editor. The simple one is basically just a plain HTML text area with a submit button, and it works even without javascript. You might have to configure this input option for your account from a different computer first though.

For me, it works fine in every browser I’ve tried, regardless of whether it’s a desktop, old Android, new Android, or even some niche mobile OSes.

Works okay on my two+ year old Android 4.1.2 phone, which I use exclusively in the evenings/weekends for getting my BLF fix.

I use the built-in Android Browser with relatively few issues. Biggest issue is typing in a new post; it tends to jump to the top of the page when I select the text entry window. When I start typing, it jumps back to the correct location though...

No complaints here; I definitely don't want to be prompted to install a new app to view the site.

Android 4.4.4 (PAC man rom) Firefox 39.0 Everything seems fine.

Information. Tell us what devices, versions of android and browser versions are showing this issue for you.

Have you tried Firefox Nobody? It’s s working fine for me also