Flashlight Photography -an artistic approach!

+1

+1

c303

me and my phone really tried :smiley: zebralight h600w moonlight

and off

I came from the SC600 vs UF-T50 torture test thread and though.
“Hey, a superb shot of a torture tested light. COOL! :slight_smile:
“oh, it was not torture tested :zipper_mouth_face: ”
“Yiks, how can someone do such bad work :Sp ”

The shot is amazing though. And the details in full version is astonishing! Great work!

Xiotis, you also have equally clear shots! And please, while I truly do relish the praise I am master of nothing. I have a horrible memory and have to start over regularly! lol It can be quite frustrating, as you can imagine.

Yes, I’m very pleased with the rail. That shot of the XM-L2 was taken with the 28 shots about .4mm apart for a total spread of about 11mm! And my computer ran the stack much faster than before, so the difference there was real. I use Photoshop CS5. Open everything in LR4 with a standard preset to develop the pics to jpeg, then do the crunching in Photoshop. I didn’t apply any additional sharpening for these as I was kinda in a hurry :slight_smile: Will try to get a shot of a camera on the rail for ya, of course it’s a system…with everything being from Really Right Stuff. I’ll try and remember to put the flash bracket on it as well. These shots were simply lit by my lil Ti HF with XM-L T5 on lo at about 40lumens.

Janko, you and your phone did a nice job! Plainly visible are the 3 cross wires in the emitter, nicely done powered up. :wink: The light I shot while on has a lo in the 50 lumens range, which of course makes things difficult. I was thinking of getting a shot at 1000 lumens….

Race, the drop-in came to me with the reflector glued in place. Easy to see why now that it’s been removed. I intended to put it in the reflector of the Solarforce M3 to gain power and throw, but the 3A consumption rate missed the party. I really look forward to getting a better, hotter, more professional P60 from someone here to make my L2P M3 a real powerhouse. Anyone got any suggestions with Erik being on a healing mission? I’d really love having one of his Egrenade’s but I can sure understand how things go sometimes and wish him all the best getting back to good health.

I hate telling off on bad work almost as much as I love praising good, but it also bothers me to know people are considering the guy who built the above P60 to be some kind of guru or something. I haven’t found that to be true in the 2 drop-ins I’ve gotten from him. VinhNguyen54 over on CPF built that, and he comes highly recommended. I’ll have to show the driver side so folks can decide for themselves.

Thanks everybody, really glad the pics are liked. :wink:

And Xiotis? You’re gonna have to slow down or take up cabinetry as well so your growing collection will have a wall to display em! lol

DBCstm (Dale?)

Your analytical response is highly appreciated buddy, thanks!!

The details/guidance you gave, have been securely saved (just in case BLF breaks down… :open_mouth: ) and will be revived upon i decide to invest in a prime slider and PS/LR program!

Needless to say that it’s always a pleasure to see your fine macro work, hope you post often here :nerd_face:.

…Olight S10 with magnetic tail :slight_smile:

!!

Look what came in the mail today! A Solarforce P1d with it’s accompanying AW 18650 2600mAh cell. This one’s for the wifes purse, with the ugly drop-in pictured above. In keeping with my promise to show my set-up, I used the 1DsMkII with 100mm F2.8 Macro IS on the RRS rail, mounted to an RRS BH-40 Ballhead and using the RRS B-87 Flash bracket attached to the camera with the RRS L bracket. Just to see what happened, I took a picture at every 1mm, til the rail ran out of run. 53 images stitched in Photoshop CS5 into 1 image! A bit overkill, I know, but I found out my computer could handle it…8 minutes later.

Here’s the set-up:

and the macro rail attached to the ballhead on a Slik Carbon Fiber monopod, bought that one on ebay for $50 with a leg section loose…epoxied it back on and all is well! :slight_smile:

Dale, that ST90 really rounds out your thrower collection. You have all the biggies. :slight_smile:

Hope this one works, trying to show a mouseover to display first a very shallow depth of field on a Ti Curb chain draped across my CoreTi necklace light. The mouseover is the full 22 shot stack processed to show greater depth of field. !!

Clueless

+1

Very nice pics there Xiotis! Super sharp!

MRsDNF, those look awesome! That larger head really looks impressive on that size light. Care to take some shots closer-up? Would love to see it in better detail. Funny, I was just thinking this afternoon of having a custom made light something like that in Titanium, checked the Ti prices and, uh, well, maybe not! :slight_smile:

Got my very first EDC P60 drop-in from Illumination Supply today. Solid copper with Silver plating, Triple Nichia 219 making 465 lumens out-the-front on high, 265L on med, and 9L on low. Very nicely made P60 drop-in! It’s pretty floody and has some artifacts in the beam close-up, so I put a vinyl diffusion panel on the glass and it’s great, will really come in handy taking these pics! These were lit with the HF Cu 219 on low at about 30-40 lumens. The AR coated glass lens supplied with this drop-in is too big around to fit in my Solarforce L2P, also very thick so even if it fit the bezel wouldn’t seat properly. Oh well. If that’s all I can gripe about I’m doing pretty good! lol

EDIT: The lens does fit inside the bezel, the issue was the rubber sealing ring that Solarforce fitted under/around their lens, the part that fits around the lens had to be trimmed off to allow this slightly larger diameter lens to fit down into the bezel. The retaining ring does’nt seat fully but that’s not a biggie.

!!

!!

That's a good looking dropin you have there DBCstm. Its a shame it has a couple off niggles.

Heres the links to both lights.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13232#node-15518

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/15454#node-18061

Thanks for the compliments.

How do you mean? They’ve had issues with em? Or you see something messed up with it? Just got it today, have only run it to test output for a couple of minutes. Waiting for a host to arrive.