Flashlight Photography -an artistic approach!

Sorry. I meant the lens not fitting properly and the artifacts when I said niggles. The finish appears to be sand blasted. Looks real nice.

It’s supposed to be a solid copper build, with a pure silver coating. I don’t think they’d sand blast that. Have no idea how they got the plating to appear that way, but it looks very well done. I’ve got another that backordered the day after I ordered it with XP-G2’s for 720 OTF lumens, hope it’s actually got a beam to it. These seem to be built with some thought, they’re not underpowered but not pushing limits either, so they should be pretty reliable…or that’s what I’m hoping and how I justified the purchase.

Just a typical driver shot, but looked ok… :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, Racer, just a typical driver but …very very nicely framed and shot!!! Well done, man!!

@DBCstm: Thanks for the information some posts ago, Dale, the whole set up and all your photo work is just superb!!

Cool shots Racer and the last one really “artistic”!! What lens are you using?

For these shots I used Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro.

Behind the scenes picture of the “army light” shoot and the L2T below. My favorite of all the last pictures are the “army light”… Background and everything worked nice together in my opinion…

A bit messy writing on the picture, but you get the idea… Check out the “object/flashlight holder”… Stuff you can use a flashlight pill for :wink:

Result… Did some work with contrast (curves) to get a more artistic look. The above shot does not represent the light in the room since I used flash btw…

Found my flickr account again and uploded two of the shots in high resolution.

ARMY high resolution

P60 reflector

wow, no wonder the correct lighting and the sharp pictures… very well done!!!

EDC Eagletacs

More Eagletacs.

Thanks…
The “driver picture and some of the pictures are just simple shots. Placed the object on speaker and took a picture. No diffused light or anything (no direct light either though).

Nice thread going on here. Lots of great pictures!

This whole thread is full of some really awesome shots. Loving seeing everybody showing off toys & skills. :slight_smile:

Every time I check this thread you guys keep on amazing me with these wonderful pictures. Thanks again for sharing them!

Agreed. Excellent macro-photography guys!

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Took some beamshots in a 20’x20’ “game room” comparing the EDC+ Triple N219 to my HF with same single emitter. Of course the triple is brighter, but what really is surprising is the low low 9 lumen Lo mode. With the diffuser vinyl over the lens, the flood of light is very nice. Will certainly come in handy lighting impromptu macro’s and such. :wink:

!!