Flashlights in movies

I don’t know about the light but the mount looks like a Jetbeam GM01

the lady is my type.

Hello,

Been hunting down this flashlight forever :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s used at the end of Starship Troopers (1997). It might be a custom made one but since the short appearance of it I find that very unlikely.

Anyway, these are my best pics of it.

I’ve been searching lots of brands but just couldn’t find it :_(

Possibly, but here are some compressed stills anyway. Sanborn’s light looks a bit Olight to me, with a distinctive ring near the head, but there are little cutaways around the head too (visible when he puts it on his leg):

James’ light looks like 2xAA, has a warmer tint and crenelated bezel:

Recent episode of the walking dead they brought an Ebay 85w HID to light there way down a tunnel.

And an episode of Hannibal had a guy chasing another guy in a corn field with a massive multiemitter thrower (toilet plunger style, quad super deep reflector wells).

1997 ? A light from a previous century ?
That is generations ago in flashlight technology.
If it was closer to the present it could be a SkyRay King.

i need some identification from anyone here that know what kind of light nathan drake from uncharted 2 game use when exploring a cave or dark place but i don’t have the picture but he use it on his waist ( sorry i can’t find any picture of it ) :frowning:

Yeah it’s a bit outdated :bigsmile: but still an interesting piece imo.

That SkyRay King is a pretty close one, just a wee bit too short H)

This is a light used by Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica. Some say it is a Streamlight Scorpion?

I am always interested in seeing flashlights I can recognize in movies.
Here are a few.
Journey to the center of the earth (upper right. No idea what that is)(This girl is pretty. Plus she has loads of lights in her backpack. I like her. :laughing:
!!

Riddick (definitely a surefire 6P)
!!

Alien VS preditor (MaxaBeam HID)
!!

Halo (The movie) (Heck I wish I know what those are :D)
!!

This is an interesting one from Riddick III.
Must be 18650 powered. :slight_smile:
!!

same light Another view
!!

I remember a alien in the Alien Nation movie ripping the head off a MagLite, but I couldn’t find a screen shot of it.

But in the future, I hope that we got our act together and determined that you need a large reflector on your flashlight instead of having small and blinged up Titanium Special Edition key chain lights that put out little light and overheat. I imagine that Kirk and Spock have MT-G2000’s in their flashlights. :bigsmile:

Didn’t realize there was a thread about this already, moving content from my previous one :slight_smile:

Movie name: 400 Days (2015)

Notice how blue those LEDs are? must be LB’s.

Lots of flashlights in this shot…
-The tall guy is holding an Olight SR96
-The folded lamp in the desk is a Might-D-Light foldable work light.
And the other two… keep scrolling

Is that a modded SRK in gold ?

It seems like the G700 scam has reached movie studios!

Definitely an Olight SR92 and a SkyRay King gold, and the other could be that G700 cough or a generic ultrafire variant. There is one propped up in a cup to on that table. :slight_smile:

Oblivion. 3xXPG2? Maybe the super S3 from RMM? :slight_smile: Another look, it appears bigger than S3.

Night at the Museum Secret of the Tomb (2014)

It’s an Olight SR96! In the first shot you can see it has triple emitters, and the cooling holes in the second image

Actually it was a custom light made specifically for this movie, and they were sold for $500 afterwards. I almost grabbed one when they announced it on CPF :slight_smile:

http://www.oveready.com/custom-flashlights/moddoolar-oblivion-twisty/prod_372.html

If a poster counts

I am watching the Martian now. Noticed Mark using a big long light appear to be a led lenser X21 or its variant.