FmC's Hand Made DIY 2015 comp entry; "WW2 Searchlight". Finished!

That sounds like you have fixed the reflector problem touch wood. The video and picture is not showing this end.

Hmmm - I don't know why, but I had all sorts of trouble getting the video to embed from Google Pictures.

I can see the pics & video now using Firefox on PC, but it's not showing up on the 'phone using Chrome.... :~

/edit

Seems to be fixed now - let me know if you can't see the pictures or video.

Wow. I certainly salute your persistence, dedication and inventiveness. This is turning into a mammoth build. Congratulations on finally sorting the reflector (hopefully).

P.S. I still can’t see the latest pictures or video.

Nice picture. Hows it make your face reflection look? The videos still a no go. I missed your update above it where you made the new reflector. The way you tuned the curvature of the reflector with a change of rpm was very clever along with testing the focal point.

Face looks stripy & fat... lol.

Still can't get the damn video to work - will change format & re-upload shortly...

Ok - video should be view able now....

Yay! I’m glad it worked this time. I think the reflective strips a better notion than paint as well. Cool idea for testing the focus. It’s a toss up whether as a child I would have volunteered Jack to test the burn focus. No comment on my current propensities.

For those whom the videos did not work for, I've moved them all over to YouTube now.

:beer:

Lucky its not total fire ban time of the year.

That looks really good. Persistence finally paid off.

Can’t wait to see it mounted and camo’d. Trundling along with jack proud as a peacock.

Impressive build. Love Jack’s step by step narration. Bonus points: Jack can have a midday BBQ off that monster reflector!

Plenty of updates this weekend;

The trailer/chassis has been made, at the end of post #2.

More work on the light engine, & the lens has been installed, at the end of post #3.

More work on the control panel, & also the remote control unit, at the end of post #4.

....I'm going to bed now.... :tired:

It’s really coming together.

wow this is becoming NASA-level of design. great work!

I think we have a strong contender!

Thank you so much

Lol - I hope it looks less NASA-ish, & more WW2-ish when it's had a lick of paint :)

this project is madness :bigsmile: but i enjoy it!

I haven't visited this thread in some time. Phenomenal build. Even successfully building your own reflector. Talk about scratch build! Trial and error, experimentation, and stubbornness in spades. Big time congrats.

Great build, great photos, great job, great great great!

This thread is driving me nuts with anticipation. I want beamshots!
That resin won’t melt in the sun and heat, right?