[Found]French noob searching a EDC light

Wow thanks all for all this propositions! :smiley:
The luminosities and autonomy are pretty similars from one model to an other.

I thinks I prefer a clicky light.
Thanks JamesB for the informations you told me. :wink:
I don’t find L10 in clicky version.

Foursevens lights is too expensive for me.

I will lock at all this models. Eagletac D25A seems interesting, a little bit expensive also.
Concerning the Eagletac D25A On the website it’s write that the maximum luminosity is turbo mode and this mode is avaible just 200 secondes. I hope the luminosity don’t fall from 190 lumens to 117 lumens after 200 secondes.

The Olight S15, like the rest of the S-series lights, has a lock-out mode already. From off, hold the button down. It will turn on in moonlight, then back to off. Then, it is locked out. To unlock, hold the button down until moonlight comes back on, then release. A young friend of mine discovered that loosening the tailcap while it is locked will unlock it as well.

Clicky AA… some random ones that come to mind.

Sunwayman R10A
Nitecore EA1 (soft buttons)
ThruNite Archer 1A
Xeno E03
Balder SE-1
EagleTac D25A Clicky
Klarus P1A
Solarforce Z2

If you need any help finding the best prices on the light you decided on make sure to ask the people here before buying it.

Yeah I have some Energizer AA Lithium disposable cells, I keep them in case of emergency only since they have that long shelf life, but I would not use them on a regular basis due to cost,

Just got a Nitecore MT1A (newer XP-G2 version which nitecore didnt listed on the website yet) its a fine light overall but with one horrible issue, very very very horrible spaced output levels, it says 17 lumens on low but I get about 80~100 lumens on low mode, can you imagine that? same issues on the medium mode which is higher than the specs, i totally dont recommand it unless you can get over the fact that 100 lumens as a lowest low mode

You see people talking about 14500 in this thread, that’s basically a Li-ion in a AA form factor (it requires a specific charger), several of the lights mentioned here accept 14500 and will give you much higher output than with a ni-mh albeit for a short time because such small lights can’t disipate heat fast enough and may be damaged as a result.

It’s called the L10C and can be found here

Toykeeper did a great review here

I really like the fenix E12, about $25 shipped (in the US) and get simple 3-mode interface and good output. Only thing is it’s not the most floody (wide) beam. For such a small light it’s actually surprisingly throwey (far reaching). It’s all personal preference but for me I don’t need a tiny AA light to be a throwey light, I want it to be flood, so keep that in mind.

I EDC a (copper) Maratac AAA, but I don’t think County Comm ships internationally :frowning:

I love it, it is tiny unobtrusive and puts out decent light.

This is their AA offering:
http://www.countycomm.com/aaworldssmallest.html

You may be able to find another source if County Comm wont ship to you.

Thanks angain! :slight_smile:

After some research this is the lights which seems good for me :

- Fenix E12

- Olight S15 (But I’m not sure cause to the side button.)

- EagleTac D25A

• L3 Illuminations L10C

It’s just a preselection. :wink:
The hard thing is to find where to buy the light without huge shipping costs. :bigsmile:

Brittany is the far west of France, come have a drink and compare the D25A with the L10 and the S15 if you want.

I think you may find the S15 more versatile. The D25A stepdown may disappoint you in term of output. I don’t have the Fenix, can’t tell about this one.

Oh I confused Brittany and Great Britain! :bigsmile:
So yes you are in France. But I’m not in the near you.
Where did you buy your lights and how many euros?

Did the S15 risk to switch on accidentally in pocket cause to side button?
What do you mean by “The D25A stepdown may disappoint you in term of output.”?

PS: It’s fun to speak English when we are both French. :stuck_out_tongue:

For L10 shipping cost is better at Illumn
Not yet have L10C thou. Looks like only white color for L10 with Nichia led, the orange one have Xp-G2 on description.

Clearly, there are exceptional uses. If you will be using it for a long time away from a source of electricity then, obviously, you need a handful of alkalines. If you use it only rarely, then the Eneloops will still do but Energizer primary non-rechargeable lithiums are probably better.

My favorite AA light is the Sipik SK-58. The Coast HP1 has an excellent combination of brightness and high mode run time, and it has very wide flood. Both go for around $10. The HP1 has only one mode. SK-58s are usually one mode, but some have three modes. The number of modes of one I receive does not seem to correlate with the number of modes listed for the one I ordered.

@Fritz t. Cat
Maybe you have a possible solution.
I despair at seeing the prices of the lights with the shipping costs. :frowning:
I wonder if I will not have to buy a 10$ light.

Lol, hope you don’t notice my aweful English :smiley:

I bought my Eagletac @ Nkon.nl, and the Olight at Flashaholics.co.uk. Don’t remember exactly the price.
I don’t think the S15 is that susceptible to turn itself on, the button is recessed (especially if you buy the new S15R which is improved regarding the button, and is delivered with a rechargeable battery and an USB dock to recharge, very practical), and you still have the possibility to lock it out by unscrewing the tailcap by 1/4 turn.

The D25A has a quite “aggressive” step down after the 200s turbo, and the step-down is quite noticeable. It is a more “mechanical” light, well built and nicely designed. Mine is a Titanium version, it’s like a little jewel, lol.

There are also some more “budget” options, like some Thrunite or the L10C…

As some others members stated, if you are on the early steps of your flashaholism, you may not care that much for a firefly mode, or a really nice tint. Keep in mind that the L10C exists with the georgeous-tinted Nichia led…so does the Eagletac.

Budget budget lights do exist, the Sipik SK68 for example, or Ultrafire C3…but at the end I was always disappointed, if you are not looking for a funny light to mod, with a nice UI and a correct reliability.

Ok thanks.
In theory on the D25A the turbo mode is 20% brighter than after 200 seconds. In theory… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t find any lights under 40€ shipping costs included. And 40€ is really the maximum price I would like to pay for a AA light. :Sp

I’m student. I can’t buy a expensive light. I have also to buy Eneloop cells and intelligent charger.
Is it better that I ruin myself for a light like S15, L10C (which will not disappoint me, I hope!) or buy a cheap light which will disappoint me (more likely)?… That is the question! :bigsmile:

not sure if you do but i get all my lights at a extremely cheap price from china, shipping might be a bit slow but worth the price. and its perfectly under $40~$35USD

for S15 like i said you can do the trick by rotating the pocket clip near to the button’s side(it cant move over and on top of it because the button is slightly raised up) and it will unlikely turn on by itself. or use electronic lock-out by press hold for 2 second on the switch, and do the same again to turn it back on.

@Keron
Yes but I don’t want to buy a fake light in china. Which website did you use for buy your flashlight in china?

you wont get fake if you key-in the right model name, since they are actually made in china and company based in china as well. plus i havent seen any fake olight so far (only those who made or copy similar design and use other name)

i mainly got them from Ebay or Aliexpress and i had never receive a fake so far buying so many quality lights, the easiest thing to get faked stuff is buy low cost brands such as ultrafire and trustfire since they are being made everywhere, quality can be different on each, you pay what you get.

Ok I’m totaly agree.
There is some good prices on eBay and Aliexpress. :slight_smile:

Fenix E12 for 26$.
Olight S15 for 38$

Searching for others models. What is you opinion about Fenix E12? :slight_smile: