Free US shipping, Arrow electronics, (extended)

I’ve been wanting to do it in an SRK-type light. If I get my hands on a Q8 that’s probably what I’ll do.

Funny you should mention that, I actually got enough to build a 7x SRK up with a range of tints in this order. I am quite curious how that works out.

Ha, funny you should mention THAT. My first idea was a 7x SRK because it had 6 emitters in a ring and one in the center. I bought 3 Nichia 219B’s and 3 XP-G2’s 2A tint for around the outside, and a 7A XM-L for the center. I never bought the host though so the emitters got used for other things.

Impossible for me to navigate that site…
Let alone make sense of the product codes…
Was interested in those 90+ CRI XP-G3 LEDs, but i guess i’ll wait for other stores to sell them…

Well, the order was shipped, (Yay) however, for some reason, my 5 LEDs were split up into two shipments!! This is going to bite me in the ass real hard because charges here are per package and customs officers just slap charges on packages without any consideration of actual cost. lol This deal may not work out to be such a good deal in the end. :zipper_mouth_face:

You do know that Texas_Ace has a nice quality 7x SRK for sale, right? :wink:

I need some 3.5mm leds for some home lighting projects. I’ve got a number of g3s in my cart intended for that purpose. However, I’ve noticed a few, well more than a few, posts regarding poor tint from these leds. Is it just the high cri 5700 version or are all g3s this way? Anyone have better suggestion for home lighting? I was thinking g3s cause they are cheap, but poor tint in a flashlight, maybe. But in my house not so much!

The tint is actually great, the issue is the tint shift around the edge of the hot spot. In house lighting where you do not use a lens it is quite possible that they would be fine (this is what they are more designed for anyways).

That said I would order a few to start with and see what you think first. You can always put them in some flashlights if they don’t work for house lighting.

I also might have something you would be interested in for house lighting coming down the pipes soonish, PM inbound.

Have you guys bought from Arrow before? I got my first order today. Talk about excessive packaging… you’ll see.

Yeah, been meaning to take a picture. I ordered 4 different emitters. Just 4 emitters in total. I got a big box with 4 almost letter-sized anti-static bags. One emitter per bag. And a bunch of packing paper.

LOL, oh how much of an understatement that is.

I was as shocked as you were when I got my first order. I honestly wish they would not do all of that, if I was paying for shipping that would add cost to the shipping and with free shipping I can’t see it being sustainable.

Hey guys, looking for some XML2 U4-1A’s. My usual US source is currently out. Can anyone point me to Arrow’s listing for these? I’ve looked myself but having a hard time figuring out their listings.Thanks

There are all the XM-L2’s they have in stock, nothing over T6 bin that I saw.

Thanks TA. Thought maybe I was just being lazy, and not looking hard enough. I do have to admit, I find the listings confusing with this type of company (Cutter, Digi-key, etc).

Does anybody have an idea how long shipping takes? It’s been about
10 days since I placed my order and I haven’t recieved anything yet.

It depends on if the item was ins stock or not, It has taken from 5 days to 10 days for most of mine so far but I am in Texas, Might be closer to them.

Mine was 9 days to east coast from NV.
Do not think I got a tracking from Arrow, but I have a “My USPS” account and items show up on my Dashboard. Had a first class tracking number show up linked to my address. I could see progress from there. As NV shipping I wasn’t even sure it was the arrow order till it arrived.
BIG box, tiny parts.

Just got home and found my package from arrow today.

The free shipping offer has apparently been extended to November. My guess is that they are testing the free shipping setup to see what effect it has on the bottom line.

Ohh - did u guys see the Raspberry Pi 3 offer - free to first 1,000 orders of the day, per day, every day?

What a coincidence! I could not place my order all morning yesterday, til the free Pi3's were all used up -- only then my order would go through.

Amaz'n how the planets align just for me