FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

Hi Freeme, I’d need a code for other 2 NW units - thanx

No concern whatsoever. It is a $30 light and the LED can easily be replaced at little cost if it needs to be. :wink:

EDIT: I have posted this photo before. I LOVE Turbo and have a LOT MORE tolerance than most people!! This was 20 minutes later[when I got home] after extended TURBO runs w/ my TN42vn 90. :sunglasses: . The FT03 has not got to that point yet because it has less output and it is NOT summer yet,but it may get close to that point then I just dial down.

What’s the maximum temp the light should reach before it’s puts the LED at risk?

Anyone know what I should say to my customers?

20 minute and no step down? My friend

There is little worry of killing the LED from heat honestly, the eletronics and LED are rated for between 100-150c depending on the exact component and even then they will generally not fail.

As a rule My max temp for a light when turbo stress testing them is ~100c. I have never had an issue with that temperature except that you can’t touch the light to even turn it off since it is so hot.

:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

I DISABLED the step down. It gradually loses output as expected. It is not noticeable from turn on until 20 minutes when I change batteries.

Another guess. Say it is 1900 lumens @ 30 Sec.[ANSI],Probably around 1600 after 20 minutes.

The resting voltage of the batteries[Vapcell 26650 5500mAh 20A-Orbtronic 26650 5750mAh 20A] are 3.75V.

Not really. You gain around 30-40kcd. I measured it with XP-L HI and got 237 kcd. And you will gain runtime and less heat. It was not really a laser. My white flat modded one is definietly more laser like :smiley:

I got problems with the FT03. Step down is expected but ~200 lumen after 3.5 minutes is a joke.

Many pling-plong metal sounds first runs, quick step downs starting after två minutes and then every 30s.
Time + very crude lumen estimations from lux meeter and bounce back from white surface:
0 2200
2:00 800 first step down
2:30 480 second step down
2:55 280 third step down
3:25 210 forth step down

Body temp was 40C tops after this short run. Still some metal noise from the flashlight.
Running Shockli 26650 5500mAh 30A.

Follow up running on “100%” (~1400 lumen ?) but not turbo - step down to ~800 lumen after 3:30, 200 lumen after ~5 min. Top body temp was 37C.

It seems either the LED board is loose or something with the sensor/setings.

What is expected time to first step down from turbo?
Has anyone done an output graph?

Video

Could you please briefly descibe the steps and tools to open up the head?

Sounds like a simple case of needing to re-calibrate the temperature for the thermal step down. This can easily be done in the menu for Narsil and you can set it to whatever temp you want or even disable it completely.

From the factory the temperature setting can vary by quite a bit (I think it is around 15C?), so recalibration is recommended if you have any issues with the thermal control.

Did you get a glued one? The bezel on mine came off just by twisting it counter clockwise with my bare hand! If glued you could boil in water the bezel for about 30 seconds inside a plastic bag then use rubber strap wrenches to open it

I got the glued one - might have to look into sourcing strap wrenches then.

I’ll fiddle with the temp settings then. I was surprised that it gave up so soon though - maybe they didn’t wait long enough in the factory if they had to set it manually.

They don’t set it manually at the factory. It comes pre-programmed in the driver.

Here is a video on reseting it.

Is the original code still valid for ordering other lights? Some friends want it now

I opened a glued one pressing the bezel notshes to a bit wood pole edge and twisting the head by hand.

I want to order for myself a small batch of 26,650 batteries. I can not make a choice. Vapcell 26650 5500 mAh or Shockli 26650 5500 mAh. What would you choose?

i would go with shockli but it doesnt matter in this light, it doesnt draw that much amps anyways, u can even use protected with high capacity and be fine.

Both are available from reputable stores and cost about the same?