FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

[in Design process] FT 03 CC FET white flat driver

The “public” code listed in the original post is still valid and will likely remain so until at least May 9, 2019 as that’s Banggood’s next official “ship” date for the FT03. I suspect that the light will come off pre-order status on this date, but I have no direct knowledge. It cannot remain at pre-order status forever, but the public codes may remain active even afterward in order to keep Banggood partners happy.

The NW (5000K) emitter seems to be extremely limited and Banggood is now offering 5700K emitters as a compromise option. It would be interesting to know what’s happening behind the scenes, but we can guess that 5000K emitters are simply not coming out of the fab in sufficient numbers. At last check, the 5000K option was not available for pre-order at BG’s website (have not checked the app), but many people will be perfectly happy with a Cool White or 5700K emitter.

My 5000K emitter has none of the objectionable corona issues that some have reported, so we are obviously seeing a range of quality in this regard. I’m not suggesting that my emitter has a flawless tint and beam, but I do not see the strong colorations that others have reported.

Tell me where you can buy an emitter sst40 5000k.

Cheapest SST-40 5000k:

You need to order at least 500 though…

Ooooft. Okay, gonna have to get one of those when it’s done and reflow a flat white to a 28mm MCPCB. Any comments on amp limit etc?

Also:

Let’s give this another try.

Try adding a space between the ! and the [/quoute] at the end. Having them next to each other messes up the coding this website uses.

Noted. Now to make sure I reflow these ones better! I’ll start with the one with the more “straight” lower bond wire, I’m a little concerned with the emitter on the right.

I’m refering to post 2445. If you add that space, Lexels picture will show up.

Here are your two pictures.

If anyone is interested. Got a VAPCELL INR26650 INR 26650 5900mAh 20A. Post test, discharge 1A otdpl 6061mAh. Tested on Opus BT-C3100 V2.2.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32889778783.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.502a3c00rn9dIm

Ah, I did intend them as two separate posts - the “let’s give this another try” referred to more de-domed SST40s given I blew the first one up :slight_smile:

(I should have been more clear!)

Can’t wait to see the results! I’ve never reflowed and led before but I’m probably gna have to to gain the extra throw I want need.

Of the de-domed or the white flat? :slight_smile:

I don’t have testing equipment though, so I won’t be able to give throw estimates :frowning:

Just want to know if the dedomed SST40 blows up and if it ruins the beam pattern. Someone said it does.

No probs; will try and get time in the next few days to swap and test.

Still valid. [quote=kntx] Is the original code still valid for ordering other lights? Some friends want it now [/quote]

Any chance I can still get a coupon code for the $29.99 price? Thanks

Can anyone tell me the name of that steel (titanium?) flashlight in the size comparison? The one with an etched design all over it.

Sent. [quote=DAGG3R] Any chance I can still get a coupon code for the $29.99 price? Thanks [/quote]

I realize that you know what you’re doing, but is there any chance that the heavy stitching on one area of the board could weaken the PCB in any way? After all, the board may see strong stress from the spring depending upon the light and battery fitment. The renderings make the board appear relatively weak on the stitched half when strained at the center.