FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

It depends on the cameras white balance settings. You would probably need to ask the person if it’s tint on camera matches to real life.

Oh yeah, I should have thought of that way. I wonder why his current chart shows a bigger size? I vaguely remember something about this.

Anyway, I’m curious to see what a swap to a 50.2 does.

Samsung 40t from liionwholesale

I ordered a NW on feb13, it says shipped about a week ago but I didn’t receive a tracking number and now BG has emailed me requesting that I login to PayPal and accept a $10 refund.

It seems like a trick to try to protect themselves from further PayPal actions should the light never show up or have defects.

Anyone know what this $10 refund is about? Did anyone else accept? It doesn’t feel like a good thing to me…

ETA: just checked my acct and I do have a tracking humber showing the light is in Cali!

@TrueRMS, that is strange, I haven’t received anything like that from BG.

My NW says shipped on Mar/25 & has a tracking number but it wont become active until the light lands in the UK which is normal.

This is the email:

I asked what it was for and they just resent the same email (a total of 7 times)

dont accept it… wtf are they doing, if the light is sent what is the refund for ?

The 9.5 amp wire frying has me concerned. On my modded lights for SST-40's, I did use smaller gauge wires and lower rated cells to keep the amps within reason. Depending on the exact SST-40, the Vf if pretty darn low so the amps can easily go crazy. I would think if TA was involved, he would have planned/designed it accordingly but I don't think he's gotten a production sample. I've gotten 11-12 amps on XP-L2 modded lights, one cell, FET based, and think the Vf on a SST-40 is even lower.

Definitely not accepting it, if I did I wouldn’t be able to make a real claim should anything be wrong.

That’s what’s bothering me, it’s like they’re baiting me into absolving them of responsibility. Once a PP claim is processed and accepted by the buyer it can’t be reopened.

Maybe they sent you a cool white?

The tracking info makes this sound legit, but I would wait to accept the refund until the light arrives in working condition, just to make sure. Enjoy your light! If you’ve contact BG about the delay, it’s likely that someone marked your account for a partial refund, but this is strange since other people were offered coupons instead.

If there’s one thing we see from this thread it’s that Banggood is not highly consistent in its support and refund actions. Some people get satisfaction and perhaps a $10 bonus for their trouble while others get their order cancelled with no explanation or wait weeks for a refund. As I said earlier, putting everyone on a messaging list with pre-order updates would have avoided a lot of this.

At $30 with free shipping (I assume to most places), there can’t be too much markup on the light, so they have to hope to continue selling them at the higher price after the preorder. This is a large light compared with most budget lights and that large, finned head and beefy reflector surely cost substantially more than a C8, most of which now sell for around $21 (Sofirn’s XPL-HI C8T and XP-L2 C8A are currently $15-$16 during the AliExpress Anniversary sale).

I work hard for everything I have and am very proud of that fact, I’m not one to accept things for free. If the light shows up working I wouldn’t accept the $10 then on principal that I got what I paid for. It’s just alarming to me to see the offer now knowing how paypal buyer protection works. If they bamboozle me into accepting a partial refund now it gets them off the hook for a full refund should anything be wrong. That’s what this feels like to me.

Bam, Bam, bamboozle!

:smiley:

Worst news we’ve heard. The first 500 were supposed to be unglued, as Freeme requested.

One thing that has worried me about the production issues is that the high demand and slow production could easily lead to quality problems. One of the reports from Banggood when they missed the first ship date was that they were unhappy with the build quality of the early units. This thread has grown so large that it’s difficult to find stuff, but I distinctly recall someone, perhaps even freeme, getting that explanation from BG.

I understand the need to glue lights as most buyers want an indestructible light that fits the mold of the “tactical LED”, but even though I don’t plan on modding this light, I don’t want any glue! I want lights that can be taken apart, repaired, and modded. Glue is inexpensive and solves problems, so we’re not going to win that battle with any non-boutique brand.

Personally, I’d rather wait for the light than to receive an off-center emitter inside a glued head. I have zero desire to mess with a glued head and just want a quality, stock light as I think it’s already a good compromise of beam width and throw. I have no interest in pencil beams whatsoever; you may as well buy a laser :wink: .

I want the SST-40 in a non-purple tint in the large, smooth reflector of the stock light. With a centered emitter, that’s already an excellent thrower. It should make a great host for modders as well, but I didn’t buy it for a host.

Without modding anything, is there any risk of 30T overdriving the SST40 and turning it blue like what was happening in the Fireflies PL47 and E07?

Don’t forget about the Molicel P42A 21700 4200mAh 45A. :wink:

The datasheet for the P42A lists 45A as the max continuous current rating but notes that cycle life is reduced at high current levels. Running this cell continuously at 45A gets it much too hot for that to be a continuous current rating we can use for comparing to other cells.

NO Problem doing 30A w/out any issues.

Astrolux FT03 Unboxing/First Impressions from ThatCrazyFlashaholic 67

^

Thanks,I got a good laugh,the reviewer did NOT even know that the SST-40 was dome ON!!!

Glued body tube as well! :frowning: