✌ FREEME- ASTROLUX MF01 Mini 7*SST20 CRI95 26650 ANDÚRIL Flashlight Group Buy - $45.99

There’s more than one bin and we don’t know which is being used. How are you predicting the amperage?

Are you aware those led tests are raw led, no optics?

Are you aware the light that measured 6100 lumen is actually rated at 5500 lumen? We don’t even know the time or temperature of the led when it was measured. We don’t know the rig used to measure it.

You know the output will change based on the battery used, right?

We don’t have anywhere near enough info to be making predictions, at least with any decent accuracy.

Maybe we can extrapolate some info based on the Fireflies E07. It seems to be pretty similar. There still might be differences in the driver. Unfortunately, I don’t know much about that light.

1. i shure they will use the most prevalent led bins but not high efficiency bins what are comparatively rare.
2. raw led, no optics=yes values of light loss in the integrative sphere and the optics are of the same order.
3. 6100 = max light according to the manufacturer’s measurments on COLD leds w/o battery drain limit. imho there is 2.3-2.6 amps/led.

of course we are talking about values with some approximation, I would say 8-10%. I think that the manufacturer himself does not know the values that will be in the mass product.

so anything over 5000 actual lumens is not bad right?

does anyone know if this is a standard production lens or is astralux placing an order to the manufacturer with their custom design?

Definitely not. Typical optics or reflector and lens means about a 20–25 loss in output compared to a raw led. Both use an integrating sphere so that is not a factor.

Did the MF01 Minis start shipping?
My sept 11 order is still “processing”…

BTW: the Al/Cu version looks gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

On the Banggood site, it said that the shipping date is going to be Sept. 29. Let’s hope it’s a firm date.

25% omg :cry: :cry: :cry: that is TERRIBLE! :person_facepalming:

I quit led flashlights. :weary: classics NOW!

P.S. aligned TIR lens + AR glass (real AR i mean) = 9-14% loss

Soon.

Alu+Cu stock has arrived in warehouse today! Shipping will start after their National Day holiday period.

Will there be other LED options specifically the Cree XP-L Hi as on the Mateminco MT07?

any information about the lens? is it standard or custom design?

Why does high CRI seem to make them to run hotter ?

Well, since they are less efficient, less of them electrons are converted into photons, and therefore, more heat is released.

Isn’t it same heat, less output?

Not really.

Let’s just say the SST-20 5000k is 27% efficient, and input power is 10W, while the SST-20 4000k is 15% efficient.
Let’s just assume VF is the same.

SST-20 5000k: 2,7W of light output, and 7,3W of heat output.
SST-20 4000k: 1,5W of light output, and 8,5W of heat output

You can start to see the pattern here.

Edit: percentages are just used as an example. Do not take into account.

Jeez, are the 27% and 15% numbers pretty close to accurate? I would not have thought there is such a big gap.

No, just as an example.

For a 100CRI perfect blackbody at 5800k in the visible spectrum(like with a very high CRI white LED), you can calculate that the perfect efficiency that we can reach for human vision is about 250 lumens/watt, or 37%:

At 100lm/W, you are at 15% lighting efficiency.

At 200lm/W, you are at 30% lighting efficiency.

At 250lm/W, you are at the theoretical max lighting efficiency of 37%.

Preordered today with battery.

Does anyone know if mf01s mini can throw father than thrunite ts20 of mhvast ts70? I have the latter but would like domething about as strong (4 to 6 ,000 lumens),light and small on a 26650, but a little throwier. Been searching for the one for a while.

the mf01mini wont be a really good thrower, its gonna be bright but the small reflectors will make it more floody then a tight focused beam, if thats what u want then u have the wrong light.