FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX® MF01X 18*SFQ43 LEDs 21000lm 3*21700 USB-C Flashlight Group Buy - ALIVE frm $105

It seems official now that is using the Chinese SFQ43 LEDs. I don’t want to spend well over $100 on a light to have it come with a bunch of knock off Chinese LEDs.

That would be a tragedy! :person_facepalming:

Actually these new Chinese LEDs are pretty stellar performance wise. Someone wrote this,
I just bought a Mateminco MT35 Mini with SFS80 and tested it. I measured 7.2A from the tailcap. The light has 116k candela and 2148 lumens so it is very close to a SFT40. In fact, it seems to perform better than the SFT40 lights that I have. The beam is pure white and even has a slight rosy tint. I like the beam better than my C8 with a W2 emitter since it is very even. The W2 is somewhat lopsided.

The biggest problem I have is the 6500k cct, which means I won’t buy it. With the old MF01, they had 4000k 90CRI option. If they can source some rosy tinted 4000k 90CRI from these chinese LED manufacturer, I will buy several of these flashlights.

“i asked Neal, likely only 6500k. I’m out. Trying to grab the old one while it’s still in stock. ”

:cry:

then I’m out too.

If we don’t take care of heat generation , Chinese LED are good :laughing:

Having only 18 can only be good, for a light in price augmentation.

At least they are 3535 emitters so mods and future runs are feasible. If they come in a nice tint in say 4500k 80cri that could be an okay compromise. Hopefully these aren’t some oddball split pad emitter running 3/6v

A datasheet is the least they can do for us as they spring a new emitter in a not so cheap light

I just wished they’d used a more powerful less throwy LED. The Astrolux EC06 is brighter and costs less. This should have a better tint and more throw, but with less output is it worth the extra 30 or so dollars?

I personally prefer throwy emitters for this light. I really like the previous MF01S/MT18 designed by Texas Ace. The throw was pretty impressive considering that many emitters and I dream of an upgraded version with even more throw. That’s why I’m very excited about the SFQ43. This LED can possibly throw better than the SFT40 and CULPM1. But I just wish they offer a 4000k version.

I think under $100 is a bargain for a USB-C light with 18 powerful emitters. However, I wouldn’t mind paying $20 more for a more expensive buck driver, which would make this light a tool rather than a toy.

Totally agree :+1:
Already own the MF01s,it’s amazing, no need for the EC06. More throw and higher sustained output for greater usability is the next logical step for me.

YES and YES to exactly all of this. If you have an MF01s/MT18 and you want to build upon the current performance of it, the improvements one would want are exactly more throw and sustained output. The OG’s do have great throw and it was one of the best perks and benefits of the light, it wasn’t JUST a flood. So adding even more throw sounds perfect for taking this host to the next level.

Sustained output is also what any light this powerful would need to prolong usability, but I guess it depends on what they are trying to do with this light price-wise. People have lamented the lack of high CRI, and I agree. But at the same time, what LED’s could they use that are high CRI and that would actually be a boost in lumen output to the previous versions (and that we’d actually want)? The newer high CRI’s are looking a bit bigger these days, and I imagine if there are any that could provide a high CRI lumen boost to this setup, it would make the price of the light way higher. So I honestly am torn on what I want out of this, or at least what I can reasonably expect while considering an acceptable price for this light.

If this light is priced at about $100, and I get significantly more throw while still being somewhat floody, I could be ok with sacrificing high CRI on this one. Most of us who care about High CRI probably already have a high CRI soda can or two…or five :wink: . So unless this is taking High CRI in a soda can to a new level, anything they do could feel like a lateral move. So them trying out a new LED that could prove to be pretty beneficial, while still keeping the light at a reasonable price (fingers crossed) while completely, and mind you, beautifully redesigning it? Well that’s not such horrible compromise in my opinion, even if it is at 6000-6500k. Though I can say this with some certainty, one thing I certainly won’t be compromising on anytime soon…is another all floody 6500k light. I don’t think any of us need any more of those . :person_facepalming:

I agree at $100 or less, we can’t expect too much from this light but the thing is I would either pay more for an upgrade or not pay at all if it doesn’t have what I want. For a high output light like this, I can accept 70CRI but I want at least 4000k option. Mateminco should easily be able to buy a 4000k reel given the number of LEDs this light uses.

Can’t agree more that not having warm to cool LED options is no beuno. But not having any LED options at all is just purely bad form. You’re right, adding another reel shouldn’t be such stretch in the slightest. Plus I’m sure they already currently have other LED’s they can use. And if they need more, then they can order more once some of these sales have come in. No options really is nonsensical. Now that I’m saying this out loud, I can’t imagine them NOT having options. That would be a real surprise, and I hope that’s not the case.

Any idea what color temperature variants are available for the SFH LED?

I got both the Pioneman K80 with SFH LED, and also a Mateminco PD90S with SFH LED.

The K80 SFH looks more cool-white (I’m guessing in the 6000k range), while the PD90S SFH looks more neutral (I’m guessing in the 5500k range). When comparing them side by side, the more neutral SFH looks a bit greenish tint (probably not as greenish as Luminus SST20/SST40 LEDs on low level though)

Which light is similar to this one (in design) and has a buck driver? Regardless of price?

That’s exactly why this needed to happen. But alas it seems that Astrolux/ Mateminco chose to not innovate on this front. We already have megaflooders and megathrowers but at these power levels the losses in the linear drivers become a problem and we get cratering turbo runtimes and low overall runtimes.

I suspect the Manker MK38 has a buck driver. I don’t know of any other ones.

Interested

MF01X will be ready by mid Feb.

Interested

Interested!